Contractions starting! prodomal labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-21-2007, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
All day yesterday I had contractions. I usually got about 2-3 an hour all day but would sometimes get breaks. They apparently stopped while I was asleep; either that or I just didn't feel them. I've had two in the two hours I have been awake.

Is this prodomal labor? How long after prodomal labor did you go into real labor or active labor?

DH called this morning and said I think I better put the carseat in the car tonight!
I packed my bags and DS's overnight bag just in case. But we haven't redone the closet yet. We are going to redo DS's closet so it has two racks for clothes in it and we just bought the parts Sunday. DH plans to do it this weekend. No baby clothes have been washed since the closet isn't done. We don't know what we are having so that DH's job while I'm resting in the hospital.

And I CANNOT have this baby next week. My doctor is going away for the weekend and DH has a mandatory business meeting next week, an overnighter, that he has missed the past two years!

Did I mention I'm 36w4D?
#2 of 6 Old 03-21-2007, 12:15 PM

If your baby is like most babies you'll get all that done and when all is in order you will go into labour. Babies just seem to "know" when you're ready apparently.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#3 of 6 Old 03-21-2007, 12:30 PM

I would say that what you are experiencing is not prodromal labour, but just warming up stuff. 2-3 contractions an hour is pretty mild stuff. I would classify contractions that are every 5-8 minutes apart, strong, and continuous, with no stopping, as prodromal.
#4 of 6 Old 03-21-2007, 12:30 PM

I agree. Plus the prodromal labor can last for weeks. I had my bouts of it about 3 weeks ago that lasted for 1 1/2 weeks. During that time, I lost my mucous plug and was spotting/light bleeding. It all stopped, then started up again yesterday and today. BTW, when all that started happening, I was 31wks 5 days. I talked to my OB about it, and he said what I already was thinking. It's just my body's way of gearing up, and I'll have to do less work when the real thing starts.

I hope this is the case for you, since you still have a lot to do. I know I told my dh the other day that I don't even have my bag packed or the carseat arrangement figured out. But then again, I got a lot done when I was in labor with my last child. I remember vacuuming in between cx and whatnot.
#5 of 6 Old 03-21-2007, 02:09 PM

I think your body is just practicing as well, which is great as you have a little opportunity to kind of see how things will be!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#6 of 6 Old 03-22-2007, 11:12 AM - Thread Starter

Since I didn't have major contractions yesterday and last night, DH admitted to me that HE LIED TO ME! My contractions were not every 25 minutes apart but every 15 minutes! GRRRR!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page