Insomnia - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 03-22-2007, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is insomnia characteristic near the end? I *never* have a problem sleeping soundly. I'm not particularly anxious or worried, haven't been peeing any more than usual and have been listening to my relaxing hypnobabies before going to sleep as usual. In short, nothing much has changed - yet, for the past few nights I just haven't been able to sleep. I toss and turn and then just finally get up after about 5 hours of sleep. Is this a hormonal thing? My body preparing for baby? I really don't want to not get enough sleep and feel unrested during the day - I don't think that can be a good thing!

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#2 of 8 Old 03-22-2007, 11:53 AM

I don't know - I can't remember it being this intense with last two babes...I finally got out of bed last night at 2:15am to chat with whomever else might have been up - but couldn't access this board...it was very depressing! anyway - you aren't alone - as for it being near the end - I don't know. I'm only 35 weeks - so definitely want the little babe in there at least a couple of more weeks. (can't bear the thought it might be 6 more weeks though...)
#3 of 8 Old 03-22-2007, 12:31 PM

I could sleep if my hips weren't hurting so badly. I take Tylenol before bed and when enough time has passed I take more. It SUCKS!
#4 of 8 Old 03-22-2007, 01:13 PM

I know!!! I havent been able to sleep the past two nights. I wonder the same thing.does it mean we are getting closer or are we just so big we cant get comfortable? hmm.......... only time will tell
#5 of 8 Old 03-22-2007, 02:41 PM

yes, it's normal- I'm not sure why.

The other night one ds went to the bathroom at 3 am... then I was wide awake until about 6am-- almost time to get up!
Most of the time it's because I can't find a comfortable position, but that night I was just awake.

Rachel, wife to Brian, mother of 5. Lover of birth.
Blog on profile.
#6 of 8 Old 03-22-2007, 03:19 PM

I have it too. I wake up a lot to use the bathroom, take Tums, change positions, etc. but sometimes I'm just awake around 4 am for no apparent reason and have a heck of a time going back to sleep.
#7 of 8 Old 03-22-2007, 03:37 PM

same here, although it seems to come off and on for me. I had it all first trimester and it startted again with the 3rd trimester.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#8 of 8 Old 03-22-2007, 04:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neetling View Post
I could sleep if my hips weren't hurting so badly. I take Tylenol before bed and when enough time has passed I take more. It SUCKS!
I am right there with you! The only thing that gets them to stop aching (for longe enough to go back to sleep) is to get up and do several pelvic arches and then sit in a butterfly position. It is funny doing yoga at 2 am in the dark, but it does help a little.
Last night and the night before I was literally awake every hour! I could go back to sleep, just had to wake up and roll over or go to the bathroom!!! Uhgg!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page