Someone tell me about PUPPS! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-22-2007, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Because I'm itchy. It started last night with the soles of my feet just a little bit, and then this morning it was my abdomen and my neck, and now I"m itchy around the calves and knees and wrists... So my preliminary research indicates that what I'm probably dealing with is PUPPS, as opposed to the rarer and more serious cholestasis(spelling?!?) of pregnancy. ANyways I am going to go see my family doctor tommorow and get her opinion, but in the meantime, I"d love some 'first hand' information.

THANK YOU!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2007, 11:02 PM

well first of all, . I had pupps with my first pregnancy. It was the most intense itching I have EVER experienced. I thought I was going to go crazy. I carried a hair brush around with me just to itch. I had it early in my pregnancy so induction was not discussed. I did end up taking oral steriods because nothing else worked. Nothing. Lucky for me the pupps rash stayed low key after the steriods. I have heard of women who have needed to be induced for severe pupps. Eucerin cream did seem to help after the rash was under control. Sorry that you are going through this. I hope you find a solution..... Atleast are due dates are near
Old 03-22-2007, 11:12 PM

I just saw your thread title and wanted to offer some - I am so, so sorry! I had PUPPPS with my DS and it was really difficult to deal with. I had a hard time sleeping because of the itching. I found that baking soda helped a lot - just make a paste and put it on the rash. I tried a million different lotions and they all helped some, I just rotated through Ice was also helpful to numb the skin adn relieve the itching sometimes. I took benadryl a few times when I just couldn't get to sleep, but that was it - no other drugs. I am so sorry for you, I hope you can find some relief soon!

WAHMama to Allen (2-10-05) and Alexa (6-27-08)
Old 03-22-2007, 11:17 PM

We should start a club!

User Tag List