o/t - mothering and worrying - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-25-2007, 05:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you all worry like CRAZY? I really am starting to wonder how much of this ir normal and how much is me being mental. As soon as my kid gets sick, I instantly think the absolute worst. If they are with DH (who I trust, so I dont know what my problem is) I envision all these horrible scenarios that could happen. Am Ijust a control freak? Do I need medication? Is it going to be like this forever? I have actually worked myself up into tears over something that was *purely in my imagination* ...

Here is an example from a long time ago. When DS was first born, DH took him to the grocery store. no big deal, right? I just wanted 20 minutes to take a shower etc. So anyway, they leave. Suddenly I envision him leaving DS (who is sleeping in the bucket seat) in the car because he isnt used to having him with him and you hear about those sorts of things. And we lived in S. Florida and it was HOT. So then I was all freaked out so I tried to call DH on his cell. Naturally he left it home. Then I decide to drive down to the grocery store in DH's car, only to discover that he took both sets of keys with him. At that point I was a complete wreck and had my hand on the phone to call the grocery store to have him paged, when he pulled up in front and all was just fine. I am a nutcase.

WTH? (Oh its not hormones either - I am always like this)
#2 of 4 Old 03-25-2007, 06:00 PM

Hugs, momma. Sounds like anxiety to me. I have it, too. And mine is hormonal - I'm always worse during pregnancy and after.

It helped me a little just *knowing* that's what it is, but I still have a hard time wondering what's cause for normal concern and what's in my head. :
#3 of 4 Old 03-25-2007, 08:38 PM

Okay, just to prove it...I came home from dropping my dd's friend at her house and heard the fire alarms. I just about had a heart attack, thinking something happened at my house! Then, when I saw they were turning down my street I FREAKED out, thinking the worse. The street was blocked and I weaved my big ole mini van through the volunteers trucks to get to my house.

Thank God everything was fine! But man, I really freaked out. I couldn't even park the car...just jumped out and ran in to see everyone.

Phew. Now I need a nap.
#4 of 4 Old 03-25-2007, 09:06 PM

Umm, I do the same thing. Seriously. I can get really worked up into a panic. Especially when other people have my kids. One time my mom was late picking me up from one of my college classes and she had my two kids and all of a sudden a fire truck came driving down the street with it's sirens on and I was CONVINCED that my mom and my kids had been in a terrible accident. I was crying and frantically calling her. I'm always scared that DH is going to lose one of the kids or get in a car accident too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page