Can things get any worst?? Update post #39 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 46 Old 04-01-2007, 11:56 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh doudat, you must be feeling so awful!! (and I echo everyone else's comments, do NOT feel like you can't come here with your upset, we are a community who is here to rally around one another).

As far as the head nurses being unreasonable...everybody's got a boss. Keep going higher up and do not stop advocating until you get the respect you deserve. At the very least they could get you a comfortable chair!! By 39 weeks pregnant it's VERY obvious that you are expecting and they need to be taken to task for not showing compassion. Compassion is in the job description for crying out loud. (I'm angry for the way you are being treated. I really wish I could get up there to you and give them a piece of my mind.)

Meanwhile, lots of love to you and your ds. I hope he feels better soon. And you too.
#32 of 46 Old 04-01-2007, 12:05 PM

I would suggest that being in a room that can't accomodate you is a safety hazard, and opens them up to liability...

Sorry this is such a tough time. Your poor little guy. I hope the daycare was reprimanded by you guys for being so irresponsibly dismissive.
#33 of 46 Old 04-01-2007, 03:43 PM

oh that's so horrible! what unbelievable timing! I hope that somehow it won't turn out so bad and his stay will be shorter or something- what an awful way to end a pregnancy. You poor girl! Hang in there!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#34 of 46 Old 04-01-2007, 10:46 PM

O.k., first, what I am wondering is about the insurance that your daycare has. There should be some provisions that will help you with transportation. Those people should have called an ambulance. I am pissed. You just don't take chances with other people's kids, especially if you are supposed to be a professional child care organization. He had a frikkin' broken leg! My God!

Second, you have every right to make some serious demands at that hospital. Get angry. Let those hormones work in your favor. I can hardly walk across the room, much less deal with what you are doing. You need to be taken care of so that baby stays put until the very last minute, so your little boy can heal as much as possible. You don't need to be transporting back and forth because of some asshole nurses.

Sorry for the strong words, but hospitals try to act like they are gods. Don't forget. They are providing a service for you. You are the customer.
#35 of 46 Old 04-01-2007, 11:49 PM

I feel so sorry for you. That is a horrible situation. You will have women around the world with you in spirit as you birth. Have you considered getting a doula? I know it's short notice, but...
#36 of 46 Old 04-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Banned

Hi doudat, I hope things are going better for you this morning.

Someone in a pp mentioned the daycare's liability...I did not want to mention that since you have enough going on right now...but once you are up to it you need to have that addressed. I am not sure what happened, since I was not there, and your OP focused more on your son's condition...but at the very least an incident report should have been filled out and checked over by you and signed before you left with him. Now, I worked in daycare for 6 years and I can tell you with 100% certainty that sometimes, this stuff just happens and it's not anyone's fault, they are called accidents. HOWEVER, the manner in which the situation is handled is very important. Why was your son, who was obviously in pain, sitting in a infant car seat whimpering when you arrived??? Why was no one comforting him? How long was it between the accident and when they called you?
As I said I do not know exactly what happened, and I do not know the staff at that centre, but it does concern me that he was off in a chair crying on his own. You may want to re-evaluate that centre and whether or not it is somewhere you want to place your child.

Update us soon on your boy, I was thinking about him last night, I hope he is doing well.
#37 of 46 Old 04-02-2007, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesley&grace View Post
Someone in a pp mentioned the daycare's liability...
Why was your son, who was obviously in pain, sitting in a infant car seat whimpering when you arrived??? Why was no one comforting him? How long was it between the accident and when they called you?
As I said I do not know exactly what happened, and I do not know the staff at that centre, but it does concern me that he was off in a chair crying on his own. You may want to re-evaluate that centre and whether or not it is somewhere you want to place your child.
For the daycare, this is Quebec, so my son is in a gov't subsidized daycare, a CPE. They did call me right away to let me know of the situation and to ask me to get him assessed. This is normal procedure for the CPE. I didn't mean to say he was all alone in the car seat, his daycare worker was sitting with the other children (she has a group of 6) right by him. The daycare administrator came to see me as soon as I came in. I think he should've been better assessed from the get-go, but I think this was an error in judgement, and not done in bad faith.

As for Liam, he's doing great. I left him with dh while I came home to put my feet up. Last dose of morphine was at 6am, and he didn't complain that he was in pain, so he's been drug-free all afternoon.

They took some xrays, but we have no clue what the results are yet. I guess we'll know tomorrow.

I did file a complaint for the private room issue and lack of communication. Of course, now that I could get a private room, none are available. But I was told by an administrator that I would get one of some became free as long as I agreed to move out in case the room was needed for a patient in need of isolation, which I completely understand.

So now I'm gonna go take a shower and rest till supper time.

Thanks you all!!! I love this DDC!!!
#38 of 46 Old 04-02-2007, 06:36 PM

Thanks for the update, Myriam. I wish I was closer to help you out. Take good care of yourself!
#39 of 46 Old 04-04-2007, 12:00 AM - Thread Starter

Just a quick update...

Liam is doing well. He has been morphine free for a while now, and isn't complaining about pain, which is a good thing. Laying down on his back all day is not fun as he's getting severe diaper rash from staying in one position and being in a diaper all day. Unfortunately, diaper changes are a drag since we have to move his leg to change him and that hurts him quite a bit. He now fights diaper changes tooth and nail, which breaks my heart

We have taken some xrays monday but have yet to see the doctor since then, not through lack of trying. I have no clue when he'll be home which sucks since he's not receiving treatment at the hospital, he's just in a bed with a weight hanging off his leg. Heck, he could be doing that home!!

Thanks again for the wishes... here are some pictures of my champ, the first one when he was on morphine, the second, back to normal, just bored and immobilized .

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/238/4...bfd184050e.jpg
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/242/4...e9397aab7d.jpg
#40 of 46 Old 04-04-2007, 02:11 AM

oh doudat!! your little Liam- I just want to give him hugs!! I cant imagine how this is for you and DH. Do you have anyone who can stay with him if you go in labor? You and your family are in my thoughts.
#41 of 46 Old 04-04-2007, 10:29 AM

Ahhh poor kid! The pics just say so much....Liam is just a month and a half older than Axel- I just can't imagine that happening to him and having to be hospitalized! awww...
Thanks for the update- good he's not in pain, but still, I feel so bad for him and the diaper changing issues with the rash and everything...it would just break my heart for Axel to have to be in the hospital away from his family for a bit, and being so pregnant! You poor girl- hang in there! Maybe you don't want sympathy, but it must be hard!! At least it's temporary- no matter what, it will get better, he will heal and even if it's rough at first (with the new baby) you will adjust and in a few months everything will be back to normal...
Speedy recovery....stay in there baby!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#42 of 46 Old 04-04-2007, 02:13 PM

Give that little guy tons of hugs and kisses for me. Hang in there mama just one day at a time.

Midwife & Mom to Gracen 9 luxlove.gif, Avery 6joy.gif Urijah 4superhero.gif Greta Sue, 9-9-10babyf.gifuc.jpg  Oh Baby! 1sttri.gif Due in April

#43 of 46 Old 04-04-2007, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
For the daycare, this is Quebec, so my son is in a gov't subsidized daycare, a CPE. They did call me right away to let me know of the situation and to ask me to get him assessed. This is normal procedure for the CPE. I didn't mean to say he was all alone in the car seat, his daycare worker was sitting with the other children (she has a group of 6) right by him. The daycare administrator came to see me as soon as I came in. I think he should've been better assessed from the get-go, but I think this was an error in judgement, and not done in bad faith.
I'm glad to hear that, as an ECE it worries me when I hear about accidents in daycare centres since it can really add to the negative press that can surround them. I'm happy to know that they reacted as appropriately as they knew how, even if they did not properly diagnose, which frankly they cannot do anyway since they are not health professionals.

I am happy to hear he is doing well, even if he is getting bored and antsy from having to lay still. I hope for continued improvement.
#44 of 46 Old 04-04-2007, 03:11 PM

Oh my that is awful!!! I have heard femur fractures are terriably painful. The pics of your beautiful little guy had me in tears.Poor little guy! I can't imagine going through this so close to my due date. Hang in there. You and your little Liam will be in my thoughts and prayers and I hope your little belly bean holds off a bit until things have settled a little if that is even possiable given situation! Tons and Tons of hugs your way!!!!
#45 of 46 Old 04-04-2007, 03:52 PM

oh, man I cannot imagine one so small being hurt like that. I bet it is driving him crazy to have to lay around like that!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#46 of 46 Old 04-07-2007, 11:49 AM

How is Liam doing????

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page