My Trip to L & D - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-03-2007, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, I had an interesting morning. Because of my history, this pregnancy is highly monitored. In fact, I am due in May but will have this baby in April. Well I went in for my NST & AFI scan this am. NST was perfect! AFI came back low so my doc sent me to L & D. I must admit I was really nervous. I sort of lost it in the bathroom changing into my gown (I was alone. Mistake, I should have either picked up DH or my doula). It was hard, as all the L & D rooms look the same. The last time I was there as a patient, I had lost Alexa. Anyway, Dh finally makes it there & I feel better.
They hook me to monitors & watch baby. Heart rate is perfect! So then they start the biophysical profile. It was pretty cool watching baby move, & suck & swallow & breathe. (I can not believe we remained strong enough to not peek at gender. Oh it was so tempting!) Anyway, baby scored an 8 out of 8. Perfect! AFI went from 4 this am, to 10. Obvious tech error. GRRRRRR!!! Oh well, I will try not be to frustrated as I would rather it be checked out & be ok.
So now I am home & will have another NST friday. I am preregistered for my c-sec on 4/30. I have my request for placenta form. I talked to them about my needs & wants (even though my nurses will be different, it was nice to get a feel for how they could react). I learned, I probably should pack a bag & just be ready. 27 days to go!!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 04-03-2007, 10:32 PM

what a roller coster of a day! I am so glad the tests they did at l&d were reasuring!

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#3 of 6 Old 04-04-2007, 10:22 AM

i'm glad that the tests went well!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#4 of 6 Old 04-04-2007, 03:56 PM

so glad that everything went well, hopefully it continues that way until time for your lil' one to be born.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#5 of 6 Old 04-04-2007, 04:15 PM

I am so glad everything turned out to be okay! What a scare!
#6 of 6 Old 04-05-2007, 09:35 PM

Cristina,
I am so glad everything looks good with your baby. I can not wait to hear whether it is a boy or a girl.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page