Prayers needed! update on post #26 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 37 Old 04-05-2007, 05:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Good to hear she's doing better! I agree with a pp that pumping doesn't necessarily dictate how much milk you're making. I never responded well to the pump, I only ever got a tiny bit, and yet ds nursed really well and got more than enough. I just don't think pumps are nearly as effective or efficient as a baby's mouth, although of course they're totally helpful for things like this. Keep going! Don't give in on the formula, you're doing great!!
A
: I also think the temp taking might do the trick or even letting her go bare bottomed for a bit that always worked for me!

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#32 of 37 Old 04-05-2007, 06:39 PM

Glad to hear she's doing better and I am REALLY glad you are sticking with BF...you can do it!!!!!!!!!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#33 of 37 Old 04-05-2007, 08:01 PM

Glad she is starting to pick up!
#34 of 37 Old 04-05-2007, 09:48 PM

I tried calling but you know the black hole that is this office and the landline won't work with long dist. cell. Anyway, check your PM's and call me if you see this before 9:00. s.
#35 of 37 Old 04-05-2007, 09:59 PM

Also...

You are doing a wonderful job! Lena is soooo lucky to have a Momma who is willing to fight for the best for her girl. You should not have to deal with crappy nurses and peds who don't take the time to research the benefits of BF'ing. If this country wasn't so bassackards you'd be able to get a prescriptioin for the local milk bank... and it sucks that you can't. You shouldn't be babymooning in the hospital to begin with... you shouldn't be struggling to bf and worrying about supply while your coworkers are ep'ing by choice because they just don't like bf'ing...you shouldn't have to stress about house showings and taking care of the dogs while your newborn is in the hospital... you shouldn't be recovering from second degree tears in a fold out chair-bed in a tiny box of a hospital room... you shouldn't be dealing with stupid phone calls from idiotic people who don't have a clue...

But you are dealing with all of that. And it makes my heart break for you and brings tears to my eyes every time I think about the enormity of it all and only one thing makes it ok...

The fact that your beautiful girl is still here with you, and blessed with a mom that cares so much for her and father that is so supportive. Your family is beautiful, and you are so strong.

Stay strong Bobbi. Don't let this get you down. Later on we can cry together about it if you want. Just look at your beautiful babe and relax... you know you are doing everything in your power to help and what you can't control you just can't control. Serenity prayer style.
#36 of 37 Old 04-08-2007, 03:50 PM

Just thought I'd pop in and update anyone who is wondering how they are doing. Lena and Bobbi are FINALLY back at home and last I heard doing well.
#37 of 37 Old 04-09-2007, 02:30 PM

UPDATE!

Mom and baby were doing well when I saw them on Friday. She has some donor milk she's using so that's great for them. They should be coming home today so hopefully she'll update later. I took her some Mother's milk tea (and got some for me too), so here's hoping it helps us both! She's just a doll btw, so little and just beautiful hair!

Jennifer, LPN and nursing student, Doula, CPST, and VBAC mama x3 to
AJ (5/03), Evan (12/04), Ilana (11/06), Olivia (2/09), and Unity (8/2012)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page