Feeling 'crappy'- warning: bowel discussion! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-03-2007, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep, so since last night or yesterday I've had this 'full' feeling, along with some light cramps that feel like gas pains(in addition to the regular pms-like cramps, BH and everything else). I feel like I need to go to the bathroom all the time. The problem is, I have been going poop, more often than the usual 1x a day or so. I've 'gone' 2 or 3 times today, and 2 or 3 times yesterday. Why?! How can I get rid of this feeling like I'm constipated, when I'm not!? What can I do?

Is this part of this seemingly fun early pre-labour or whatever the heck this is: the gradual mucus plug loss, the strong pms cramps in the morning and evening, the really wicked BH that I can feel all the way to my pelvic floor, and the aching in my pubic bone?

A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2007, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Maybe the baby is really low?
Old 04-03-2007, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynnMarilynn View Post
Maybe the baby is really low?
What would that do?

I just went to the bathroom again (lol, sorry tmi) and I still feel full/gassy/constipated. So I'm having a big bowl of Raisin Bran.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 04-03-2007, 11:49 PM

I'm getting this too. And I don't remember my last labor in such detail, which kinda suck, cause it seems I should be my own best reference.

But excessive pooping, yep, I'm getting that too. Last night was especially bad. I was getting bad cramping, BH, backache and the urge to poop. I was freaking out as dh is in the hospital with Liam, so I was dealing with this all alone. After a while, I took an hour long bath and everything mellowed a bit. But I've had this happening on and off for more than a week now. And always at night.

So I hope it's labor for everyone else but me
I must be the only one wishing to get to 42 weeks, or whenever my son gets home...
Old 04-03-2007, 11:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
I'm getting this too. And I don't remember my last labor in such detail, which kinda suck, cause it seems I should be my own best reference.

But excessive pooping, yep, I'm getting that too. Last night was especially bad. I was getting bad cramping, BH, backache and the urge to poop. I was freaking out as dh is in the hospital with Liam, so I was dealing with this all alone. After a while, I took an hour long bath and everything mellowed a bit. But I've had this happening on and off for more than a week now. And always at night

Yes- exactly what you describe! I've been getting it exactly too- it's strange though the cramping etc is really prominent at night/early morning, but not so much in between. It seems to get worse when I lay down, but I can sleep fine.
How's your son doing? I had asked up in the belly pics thread- but you probably didn't see it. It must be so hard for you right now!? How are you hanging in?? I sure hope he has a quick recovery and the new baby (when it comes) just fits right in to the family so the adjustment period is as easy as possible- I feel so bad for you, take care of yourself!
A

Old 04-04-2007, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well if the baby is really low in your pelvis it can mimic the sensation of having a poop right there. Also, it can make you wanna go when there is only a small amount there to be 'relieved'. The hormones causing the cramping also cause your bowels to be stimulated. It all means you are getting close!

I think there is a circadian rhythm to uterine activity. Having ctx evenings and morning, but not daytime, seems so common. It was the same with me this last week before the baby came. Around dinner time they would start and would peter out by bedtime. I'd get a few in the morning, then nothing all day. Good luck! Sounds like your body is gearing up!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:42 AM

I've been a poop machine too. I even wake up in the night to poop and it's quite a bit. It seems like there's no room for anything at all other than baby in there!
Old 04-04-2007, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
How's your son doing?
Don't want to highjack the thread... I'll put an update on my old thread
Old 04-04-2007, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Well if the baby is really low in your pelvis it can mimic the sensation of having a poop right there. Also, it can make you wanna go when there is only a small amount there to be 'relieved'.
I have more than a small amount to relieve though, it's kinda scary how much I can actually poop!!!
One of the reason last night scared me was because it felt like a stomach-flu kinda thing, which reminded me of laboring with Liam. The cramping, pooping, backache and contractions we're not a fun combo. I'm ok tonight, I'm back to plain old pooping and BH, so it's all good
Old 04-04-2007, 02:22 AM

I'm from the March ddc, but it looks like I'm jumping into April now.

I've been having this all week, and I did not have it with my dd. I'm also feeling nauseous with the ctx every night. Bleh.

I hope I don't spend the entire labor on the toilet!

Trish: Mama to Buckaroo , Sweet P :, and Obo Difficult wife of Rick :
Old 04-04-2007, 11:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Well if the baby is really low in your pelvis it can mimic the sensation of having a poop right there. Also, it can make you wanna go when there is only a small amount there to be 'relieved'. The hormones causing the cramping also cause your bowels to be stimulated. It all means you are getting close!

I think there is a circadian rhythm to uterine activity. Having ctx evenings and morning, but not daytime, seems so common. It was the same with me this last week before the baby came. Around dinner time they would start and would peter out by bedtime. I'd get a few in the morning, then nothing all day. Good luck! Sounds like your body is gearing up!
Oh, that's really interesting- it seems to make sense that the baby would be putting pressure there. I don't think the baby is engaged yet though- so would this still be probable if the baby can move back up?
What does circadian rhythm mean? I ask you because you're the expert! It's funny, becuase this is all normalizing because it's been happening for a few days now...I guess I can 'expect' the baby next week then!
A

Old 04-04-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:

Hmmm that is so interesting that is generaly my pattern too!

I too have BH that make me feel like I need to go to the bathroom only I always feel like i need to pee instead! I have been WAY more regular though like 3-4 x per da, I was hoping this was an indicator but now ds2 has a tummy bug so I guess not

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

User Tag List