horrible freaking pain in my hips - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-05-2007, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
really trying not to be whiny here, but I have this constant and excruciating throbbing pain in my lower back and right hip. What the heck is going on here? I am guessing the baby is on a nerve or something, but I am officially done with being pregnant if I have to deal with this constantly....URGH I have done a zillion pelvic rocks and any other moment I can think of, nothing is helping and everything HURTS... ok rant over...

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-05-2007, 10:26 PM

my sister was asking me if my hips hurt yet...she said its a sign that I'm close...maybe you are close???

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#3 of 7 Old 04-05-2007, 11:15 PM

I have had that problem for a couple of months now. It is probably your ligaments. When they get too loose, they get strained, and it hurts. Plus, the weight of the baby pulls on them, and some are attached to your lower back, so it creates pain.

You can go to a chiropracter and it may help, but really the best thing to do is to rest, stay off your feet as much as possible, and move your legs together when you move them. Like move both out of the car at the same time, etc.
#4 of 7 Old 04-06-2007, 12:51 AM

i have also been having a lot of pain in my hips. I've been hearing that it means i'm close, but I don't believe it because it's been going on for weeks. I guess it's just the ligaments combined with the pressure of the baby moving lower... I've been using a lavender heat wrap and putting it on my lower back /hips at night and it helps me get comfortable.
#5 of 7 Old 04-06-2007, 12:56 AM

My hip has been bothering me for a couple months, but regular visits to my chiro have kept me mobile and the pain pretty much under control. My back is another issue.....

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#6 of 7 Old 04-06-2007, 01:10 AM

My hips have been sore for a while too...lower back pain sometimes, but not as much (like what I would get with period) and it is relieved some by pressure - usually my sweet DH's hand. I also started getting wierd pains in the backs of my thighs...I think maybe that is like you said - the baby just pushing on something. ..he's so squirmy and determined to stretch out
#7 of 7 Old 04-06-2007, 02:04 AM - Thread Starter

Miracle of miracles the pain let up considerably. I know last time I had horrible hip pain a lot earlier, so I guess I am lucky. For me it seems that I need to be more active and not less for relief, unfortunately I hadn't felt like moving around much lately though. I had thought about going to the chiro, but it is 100% out of pocket and with all the other birth expenses I really don't want to spend the money.....

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page