My 39 wk appointment .... (warning ... a whiny bitchfest is about to ensue) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-06-2007, 12:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I saw my mw this afternoon. Everything's still good (weight/bp/bg/blah blah blah). I've been having TONS of irregular contractions that I already knew weren't doing anything, but consented to a cervical check just to prove to us both that I was right. And I was. Baby's still head-down but absolutely, positively not anywhere NEAR being engaged. Cervix is still posterior. I'm a whole "fingertip" dilated. Pretty much exactly what I expected.

I've spent the last 3 months (at least) saying that I want to go overdue - to give us more time to get moved into our house - and I don't remember feeling this way at ALL about dd#1 even nearly a week overdue in August in Atlanta ..... but I WANT THIS BABY OUT!!!!!! I'm not willing to interfere in the process to MAKE her come out before she's ready, but damn. I've been having menstrual-type cramps and contractions off-and-on every day for weeks. My hooha feels all swollen and it HURTS. My back kills no matter what position I try to sleep in, and getting up several times/night to pee is such agony that I'm surprised every time that I don't scream. Not to mention the lovely leg cramps that hit most nights. I've had diarrhea for days. I've been SOOOO nauseous tonight. I know that technically I could go into labor any second and have this baby tonight, but I just *know* that the little squab has been listening to mommy and I'm going to be pregnant for another 2 weeks, at LEAST.

Add to all that the fact that I'm scared to death about how the next couple of weeks are going to affect dd#1 (moving to a new house - meaning she's not living with her best friend ever, my niece, anymore; getting her own room - meaning no more cosleeping; getting a new baby sister - meaning she's not the center of attention anymore; going to daycare full-time, meaning she doesn't get to visit with grandma & papa 3 days/week anymore). I'm pretty sure I'M going to have a nervous breakdown, much less dd#1.

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#2 of 6 Old 04-06-2007, 12:24 AM

Oh mama, I'm sorry. It sounds so stressful. I hope baby comes soon.
#3 of 6 Old 04-06-2007, 12:39 AM

hang in there mama. i hope baby comes soon! I'm also losing my mind waiting, and I keep telling myself it could be any time now, but that almost makes the waiting worse bc of all the anticipation. but, they keep telling me that all babies come out eventually. so hopefully your little one will choose to come soon!
#4 of 6 Old 04-06-2007, 02:43 AM

oh wow you have so much going on right now. If I was you I would be talking daily with that little one inside of you and letting them know that you are ready for them to come.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#5 of 6 Old 04-06-2007, 07:57 AM

Oh mama you sound so stressed . I hope this babay decides to make an appearance soon these last weeks are SO hard! vent away!

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#6 of 6 Old 04-06-2007, 10:12 AM

Sending labor dust your way!
You have done a great job for 39 weeks making the perfect best friend for dd to have always by her side.

Mama to DS 4.22.07 (ana to peanuts) and DD 10.7.09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page