School's out... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-06-2007, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...Forever! Or at least until fall 2008, if we really need me to go back to work.

I just had the biggest crying fit when I got home-- I just had to get it all out. I still have 3 sets of assessments to grade, but I'm done teaching. The past two days (we're on a block schedule) have been so crazy. I've been running around trying to get stuff done, packed up, graded, etc., but then the kids are SO SWEET. I mean, saying sweet things and hugging, and standing up and making speeches to me and singing an Italian aria to the theme music of the Romeo and Juliet movie we just watched!!! They are just too awesome. I know I can go back and visit (I promised to bring the baby before school's out in June), but I am pregnantly hormonal and WHEW!!

But also--- yay, no more getting up at 5am (except to feed and love on baby), no more hauling books and papers from my car and up stairs and no more dealing with pushy parents (most have been lovely and sent kind emails telling me to stay home, ) and etc etc. Just gotta grade some stuff and turn in grades online, and then trust my student teacher/sub is going to handle things fine. Thank goodness I'll have a baby to keep me distracted!

AHHHH thanks for allowing me this brain-vomit I don't know what to do with myself-- hugest Friday night ever! This is going to be a long weekend!
#2 of 5 Old 04-06-2007, 11:40 PM

I know how you feel! My last day (for awhile) was last Friday. I do hve to go back in mid May though

Congrats! Kids can be so sweet! We are on a block schedule too and my period 1 threw me a baby shower (soda and cookies). It was cute.

I hope you take a few days to relax!
#3 of 5 Old 04-07-2007, 09:40 AM

How exciting and emotionally draining. It takes a little while to really process the fact that you will not be working again, but it is a great feeling. I hope you are able to get a little rest now before the baby comes.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#4 of 5 Old 04-07-2007, 01:25 PM

Woohoo!! I was so relieved when my last day came, although I really enjoyed my job, and I am still seeing our pre-natal clients.

So, over at Ama Mama we are getting a Mom & Baby group together, hopefully something that will start soon. If you are interested, ask Connie for my number, or you can call the office and ask for me or Barb. We are hoping to have a start date figured out by today.
#5 of 5 Old 04-07-2007, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Awesome, that is exactly what I'll be wanting as soon as I'm ready for going out and about! Thanks! I will check in about it soon...

BTW, did you change your hair to blonde? I think I might have come in while you were there, but I was thrown off, thinking to only scrutinize brunettes to see if they were you

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page