Checking In: Who's left? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 78 Old 04-08-2007, 06:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 38.2 and having tons of BH, they are way more intense than earlier. My VE was 10 days ago and I was a 0. Yesterday MW told me the babe has dropped! Yea-my heartburn has let up. But I am nauseous and sick of food! And don't forget sleepless. I can't imagine this going on for 4 more weeks! Ds was born at exactly 38 weeks, so here I am hoping. Aren't we all???
#62 of 78 Old 04-08-2007, 06:59 PM

still here! I'm due on the 11th according to the sonogram, and the 15th according to the date calculation.
Hoping next week sometime it it will happen!
I can't wait to meet this little one.

Mama to DS 4.22.07 (ana to peanuts) and DD 10.7.09
#63 of 78 Old 04-08-2007, 07:26 PM

37.5 weeks - still here!
#64 of 78 Old 04-09-2007, 10:57 AM

I'm so glad to see that there are a number of us still here! I'm hoping to hear about the Easter babies' birth stories later this week!

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that is crabby/moody.

I'm 40 and 5 today. My appointment is tomorrow morning. I might be brave and take all 3 girls out today to go shopping/walking. That will help my mood!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#65 of 78 Old 04-09-2007, 02:18 PM

I'm still here! My due date was yesterday : . I'm now 40 weeks 1 day. OY. come on, baby! It doesn't suck out here, I promise!
#66 of 78 Old 04-09-2007, 02:50 PM

Still here too!

38w4d, due date is the 20th, so there is still plenty of time.

VE 2 weeks ago (my choice for VE since I would be traveling and wanted to make sure I was "safe" to go) I was soft, thin (no %) and 1 cm. I've been crampy and had some practice labor for the past 3 weeks - but still nothing, will have a second VE tomorrow.

My CNM will be away for 4 days over my Due date so we are really hoping for before or after that for the birth.

We have finally finished the other bedroom, and I have been able to put the babies clothes away in the dresser and closet finally. The crib is up, a good place for all the stuffed animals, and our room is now ready for the baby. We've installed the car seat and my bag is mostly packed. There is still 2 feet of snow in the back yard and more predicted through this thursday.

So we think the baby is waiting for true spring like weather and now that we are ready the bay has relaxed and won't show up till may.

Wife to DH Chris, Momma to :Caitlin Mae (4-28-07)
#67 of 78 Old 04-09-2007, 05:59 PM

I'm 38w3d and still here - and I've an inexplicable feeling I'm going to go overdue.

Which, um, is fine by me as we've still yet to move into the new flat - that should be happening in the next week. Hopefully.

The distraction of that is probably the only thing stopping me from going crazy with impatience, mind you
#68 of 78 Old 04-09-2007, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
For all you still hanging in there mamas, here's an article I read many times when "overdue" with my second.

Let the Baby Decide

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#69 of 78 Old 04-09-2007, 06:47 PM

Still here too. I'm 37 weeks weeks today. I am pretty sure the baby will cook at least another week or so if not longer. This is even after the cramping and nausea I am having. I'm trying not to be too whiney though. This very well could be my last pregnancy!!!
#70 of 78 Old 04-09-2007, 07:43 PM

thanks for posting that article, annettemarie!

somehow in the last three days i started to get really impatient. i'm 41 weeks tomorrow, so i could still go another week--or more, even, since i'll refuse induction. but as of today, this is the longest i've ever been pregnant!

*j
#71 of 78 Old 04-09-2007, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
For all you still hanging in there mamas, here's an article I read many times when "overdue" with my second.

Let the Baby Decide
Great article! There is one part I find confusing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let the Baby Decide: The Case against Inducing Labor
By Nancy Griffin
It's probably best to stick with the "late November, early December" method unless you are fortunate enough to know the exact date of conception, another way to attempt to pinpoint a due date. Medical science recognizes in vitro or artificial insemination as the only accurate means of determining conceptual age. However, if a woman was using an ovulation predictor test correctly, or her husband was home between business trips only once after her period ended (and she actually wrote this date down on a calendar), she could nail down her due date by counting forward ten lunar months from conception. Even so, she might end up with a baby who stubbornly decides to belong to that 10 percent who go beyond 40 weeks. Despite all of these calculations, an induced baby may turn out to be premature rather than postmature.
I think it might mean 9 lunar months from conception? My baby was conceived July 24 2006, 1 day before the new moon. Ten lunar months later puts me on May 15 2007, over a month past my clinical due date of April 12 2007. If it's 10 lunar months after my last menses, July 6 2006 (3 days after waxing moon), that makes it April 27 2007. 9 lunar months after conception, puts me at April 16 2007, 4 days after the clinical due date.
I used the lunar calendar here: http://kalender-365.de/lunar-calendar.php?yy=2007
#72 of 78 Old 04-09-2007, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter

Im pretty sure when they say lunar months, they just mean
four weeks=one month, as opposed to calender months where its 30 or 31 days = one month. If you count four weeks as a month, you are pregnant for ten of them.
week four= one month
week eight=two
week twelve=three
week sixteen=four
week twenty=five
week twentyfour=six
week twentyeight=seven
week thirtytwo=eight
week thirtysix=nine
week forty= ten
and your due date is always placed at week forty.

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#73 of 78 Old 04-09-2007, 09:46 PM

It's nice to have others out there too. I'm 40wks and 5 days. While I'm trying to be patient (after the back up OB said I would be early), it's a bit hard. I have family in town hoping to see the baby and spent 24 hours on Friday in what everyone thought was labor -- regular, intense contractions, vomiting, etc. Turns out it was probably a stomach bug. At least I don't have OB's trying to push Pitocin, unlike one of my best friends who finally relented at 40wks 6 days and had a long and difficult labor giving birth to a baby who was small and she felt early (she is a surgeon).

DS#1 1/05, DS#2 4/07, DD 12/11  homebirth.jpgcd.gif

#74 of 78 Old 04-10-2007, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Well I am 39 weeks today by u/s (not til saturday by dates) and today is my 38th birthday. For some reason I keep thinking it will be the 15th, which is sunday. I started losing my plug again (about three weeks ago I lost some, and had contractions off and on, when in for my 37wk apt and found out I was almost 2cm dilated and got excited. Then everything stopped. So I was not surprised at my 38week checkup to be told I was just over 2cm. But Ive had a few mild contractions earlier in the week then yesterday I lost some more of my plug, and it was more than I lost before. Last night I had a contraction that made me think it was time to wake dh up and go....but it was the only one. Today however Ive had several contractions, smallish ones, nothing regular at all but more intense than they have been. I have my 39week checkup tommorow. I expect to have made some progress, how much I dont know.

Of course when I tell my mom stuff like Im losing my plug and I had A contraction, she says, oh well, when you go to the doctor, they'll probally just send you over to the hospital. I said wtf for? Im not in labor yet! I can be dilated and not be in active labor yet. She said oh, but it wouldnt take much for them to put you in labor...but you wouldnt have that, would you? I said NO, why the hell would I induce when Im not even DUE yet and everything is fine and obviously progressing like it should?

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#75 of 78 Old 04-10-2007, 04:30 PM

I feel horrible about it, but I am running out of patience with everything this go 'round and I am just 38.1. Last time I felt much more with it, if the baby came at 42 weeks then so be it, this time I am, well just grumpy and done with it all. Of course yesterday I felt fine and great, but then I overdid it and got the horrible sciatica pain back- that coupled with Luke not sleeping due to getting in 3 of his 2nd year molars- at one time- and dh having to go to work doesn't help. Thankfully he will be off wed-fri.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#76 of 78 Old 04-10-2007, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Its funny, cuz last time I was SO impatient (and he was the only one that went past fourty weeks) and this time Im just like, whenever.... I guess this pg. hasnt been has rough on me as the last one was. Of course everyone keeps telling me Im nowhere near as big as I was last time. Which is funny, cuz Ive gained up to the SAME weight. Hm.

#77 of 78 Old 04-10-2007, 05:35 PM

Still here, but I mostly lurk. I will be 38 weeks tomorrow
#78 of 78 Old 04-10-2007, 05:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclisa View Post
I'm so glad to see that there are a number of us still here! I'm hoping to hear about the Easter babies' birth stories later this week!

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that is crabby/moody.

I'm 40 and 5 today. My appointment is tomorrow morning. I might be brave and take all 3 girls out today to go shopping/walking. That will help my mood!
Does it seem like its been nine months since we were in the same ttc group? In some ways yes Im ready, but in some ways this nine months has gone by really quickly for me. Maye its chasing around those other three kids!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page