Checking In: Who's left? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 01:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I realize this is still EARLY in April, but babies seem to be dropping right and left in this ddc! I'm just wondering who's left and where everyone is at.

Im still here and am at 38weeks. Just over 2cm dilated, just 1cm on the inside of the cervix. Baby is down but not engaged. I did a lot of contracting week before last and dilated, then much of nothing this last week and so was not surprised that I hadnt made much progress. Next ob apt. is wed, april 11th. Im due on the 17th by the u/s, the 21st by dates. Usually I know exactly when I concieved, but this baby was concieved right after my first pp af and my fertility signs were confusing so I really dont know this time. I was going to work one more week but decided yesterday to take my vacation time now seperate from maternity leave so that I can get some rest and get the house ready. The babys stuff is ready, its everything else! So Ive done eight loads of laundry today and between two kids, changed three poopy diapers, vaccumed the livingroom and cleaned out a closet. You would think all that activity might bring on some action, but not so far. Now that the closet is cleaned out, I have piles of babystuff in my livingroom asking me where its suppose to go now and I have no idea. Also just found ANOTHER load of newborn clothes to wash.

Ok, anyway, thats where Im at. Everyone else?

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 02:51 AM

I will be 38 weeks tomorrow.

I have no idea if I am dilated at all, no contractions....I am just going with it. Enjoying these last days.....
#3 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 03:32 AM

Still here, 39 weeks tomorrow...farthest I've ever made it in a pregnancy and I'm sore and exhausted. 2cm dilated, at least 80% effaced.
#4 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 05:25 AM

Still here - 39 weeks tomorrow. I'm fine but ready for this pregnancy to be over and done with.
#5 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 05:29 AM

I'm officially 40 weeks today. We're in the middle of moving into our new house -- thank the Gods that the old place is really, really close to the new one, so we're able to work in between the 2 all day. I started my maternity leave a week ago because I knew this was going to be ridiculously stressful, and it is. I cannot believe with all the bending, lifting, scrubbing, walking, etc., that I've done in the last week that nothing is happening, but it's not. Baby hasn't engaged at ALL, cervix is still posterior and I'm a "fingertip" dilated.

Since unless I have the baby this weekend, I'm officially overdue, I have to see the OB on Monday for a measurement of my amniotic fluid (mw isn't trained to do it). I HATE the OB. I also found out at my appointment this past Thursday that, even though everything is proceeding normally, once you go past 40 weeks at this practice, you have to start going in twice/week. Like I've got time for that crap?! I have a house to get ready, a 2 y/o to take care of, and DH is starting a new F/T job on Monday (he's in school F/T as well).

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#6 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenmom View Post
Since unless I have the baby this weekend, I'm officially overdue, I have to see the OB on Monday for a measurement of my amniotic fluid (mw isn't trained to do it). .
I'm 40 weeks sunday.
I already had an amniotic measurement this week, since my OB is going on vacation during the time I should deliver (and I like my OB )
On a bad note: he told me he won't let me get passed 41.5 weeks, not 42. What?? What's up with that?? Well, we'll see about that!!!
#7 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
On a bad note: he told me he won't let me get passed 41.5 weeks, not 42. What?? What's up with that?? Well, we'll see about that!!!
The practice I went to with dd#1 informed me at 39 weeks that they didn't let their moms go past 40 weeks. I just kept refusing induction/cs. : I did have my membranes stripped at 40w5d ... had her the next night. I do NOT take well to anybody telling me what they're going to *allow* me to do.

#8 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 09:36 AM

I will be 38 weeks Monday here. I went ahead and consented to a VE Tuesday and I was a "loose 1", whatever that means. I had a little practice last night. I even had dh set up the pool, however everything petered out pretty quick though. This did make me realize that I have got to get it in gear with finalizing some things around here, I think it shocked dh as well, we could be having a baby very soon! I am making dh read the Emergency Childbirth book today, I just got a feeling yesterday that things could go very, very quick like this time as they weren't real slow last time. I think I would like the baby to hold off until Tuesday , but we will see. Cannot really predict these things.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#9 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 09:44 AM

39 weeks today. having contractions since monday night...so just waiting for the baby and spring (we have more snow!!)

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#10 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 09:51 AM

38 weeks tomorrow. Sporadic contractions, but no more than the past two weeks. Nesting like crazy, but I've been doing that for weeks, too. No VEs yet (won't give consent until 41 weeks).

Next CNM appt on Monday. Mom will be in town so I'll take her and DD along, if I can wake mom up that early - 7:50 AM appt. DH will still be sleeping, LOL!

Had a bad day this past Monday where I just wanted to be DONE... but got some good rest a few other days this week and have felt better and more patient the rest of the week. Hope that continues.
#11 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 09:59 AM

39 weeks today. I haven't consented to any VEs yet and really like that I made that choice. HOwever I have been trying to check myself and I can't even feel my cervix. I'm hoping its a combination of my short arms and huge belly!
Lots of contractions that drive me nuts.
Things are starting to get done. DH redid DS1's closet so it has two racks and I haven't fold clothes today. The carseat is ready to go and my bags are packed.
I think DS1 is tired of the belly. It gets in the way of cuddling for him.
#12 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 10:10 AM

Today's my due date! I have been having menstrual-type cramps today, very different from the BHs I've been having, so I'm hoping today might be it!
#13 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathenmom View Post
The practice I went to with dd#1 informed me at 39 weeks that they didn't let their moms go past 40 weeks. I just kept refusing induction/cs. : I did have my membranes stripped at 40w5d ... had her the next night. I do NOT take well to anybody telling me what they're going to *allow* me to do.
My OB/GYN said the same thing to me a few weeks ago...that he won't allow me to go past the due date, says there is "no scientific evidence that shows any benefit to going past the due date."

I was horrified at the thought of being induced on my due date, but DH tells me that it's MY choice, and that I can refuse to be induced early/on time. Glad I saw your post...and I agree with you...isn't this MY body?
#14 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
My OB/GYN said the same thing to me a few weeks ago...that he won't allow me to go past the due date, says there is "no scientific evidence that shows any benefit to going past the due date."

I was horrified at the thought of being induced on my due date, but DH tells me that it's MY choice, and that I can refuse to be induced early/on time. Glad I saw your post...and I agree with you...isn't this MY body?
I would ask him to give you scientific evidence that there is significant benefit to inducing when the baby is not in distress and the mother's health is good.
#15 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amari's Mama View Post
I would ask him to give you scientific evidence that there is significant benefit to inducing when the baby is not in distress and the mother's health is good.
Amen!
#16 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 10:25 AM

: 40w1d
#17 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 10:25 AM
Banned

I'm still here! I'm about 38 weeks now. Don't think anything's going to happen for at least another week, just a feeling...

OB (who is AWESOME) says I'm his next batter up I still feel I have a ways... just finished going to work and need to settle.
#18 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 10:32 AM

Hello all! I'm 40 weeks 4 days today. I saw my mw today and I am 3cm and 100% effaced. She talked about stripping my membranes then after checking me decided that she didn't need/want to do that. She predicts that I will have the babe within the next three days, but wants me to make appt with OB for Wednesday for NST and exam. The OB also has the final word on if the midwife can still attend my birth since I am considered past due (full term in Japan is 36-41 weeks) as of Wednesday. I really want the babe to come this week, DH is off for spring break (he's a teacher) and it would be nice to have the extra time with him around since he only has 5 sick days and no paternity leave. My DD also starts back at school Monday and my DS starts at the same school on Wednesday. It would be very good timing. Please send me some baby vibes--I've never gone this long being pg before and honestly I don't know how a lot of people do it. It's pretty difficult being this pg.

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

#19 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post

I should add that to cut down on the pressure, I agreed to coming in every other day after I hit 40 weeks for alternating NST's and u/s. It was a 45 minute drive each way and really ticked me off to do it, but it kept them off my back AND gave me leverage:

Them: We need to get that baby out!
Me: Why? Did the NST/US show anything wrong with me or the baby?
Them: No, but --
Me: Then I'll see you in 2 days! :

#20 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 10:36 AM

I'm 37 weeks yesterday, but I'm having my c-sec in 13 days. I have been uncomfortable and impatient and unhappy, but in the last couple days, I have felt better. Maybe it was the realization that there are things I have to get done before she comes and I need time to do it!

My mother is visiting this weekend, so I'll be putting her to work for me. I have all the baby stuff done; it's just house stuff and some art projects that I need to finish for a publication deadline.

I was closed up tight last week when I had my VE, so I don't see anything happening before the 20th.
#21 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 10:42 AM

i am 37 weeks, and i am "ready" for her to come out now! lol but at the same time i am not ready! i want our bathroom finished first ( a 3 yr project is almost done...just need to sand the drywall and prime and paint then can get cabinet and sink in!!oh and a floor would be nice too lol) once that is done i want this baby OUT~ tho part of me is sad since this is my last baby! i am getting a lot of pressure down low , so i am hoping its just the 3 weeks left and i have a due date baby lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#22 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 11:00 AM

I am 38 weeks today and for the most part just coasting with things I had days where I am really ready to be done but over all I am tring to enjoy the last few weeks as this will more than likely be my last biological child. That said I keep having these nast bouts of prodimal labor and it SUCKS! I will have really strong contractions that are totaly irradic so I know they're doing nothing, meanwhile I can get next to nothing done because of them and the next day my stomach HURTS like I just attempted 150 tummy crunches 9 months PG! I don't understand how PL CTX can leave you SO sore when labor leaves you crampy but not sore : :

hucifer
Quote:
thats is just plain silly only 5% of babies are born on there due date naturaly what kind of scientific stance can they even take?(not sure how many are statisticaly born before or after but come on)

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#23 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 11:09 AM

My EDD is tomorrow. I was really hoping to go early this time but no such luck! Hopefully soon before I end up in a straight jacket..lol
#24 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 11:19 AM

I am 37 weeks here...I am scheduled to have a c-section 2 weeks from today so I know I have no more then 14 more days to wait. I have crampy BH all day long but they have never taken any kind of pattern. If I make it too my c-sec date I will be 39 w 1 d and I have never been that pregnant before so we shall see.

ETA: Not in any real hurry to deliver but I do fear that my dehydration and constant throwing up could be a bad thing for my little one. That is the only thing that really makes me want this over.
#25 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 11:35 AM

I'm 40 and 3. Nothing for contractions. My sister told me to go to the mall today and walk since it is cold and windy outside.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#26 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 11:44 AM

I will be 38w on Monday and I am not ready to let this baby out yet.

I have everything I want/need for the baby and the birth, and the house is pretty much ready (1/2 an hour would get things just the way I want it). Well, the fridge and cabinets could use a good shopping trip.

I just need some down time. We've been so busy and stressed this whole pregnancy with other life issues that are finally resolved and then I got to do all the baby/birth stuff and this last week we finished up with that. Now, I am looking forward to the last two weeks of just *being* and anticipating the birth. I am contracting and dilating, but seem to be following my usual course of action so I feel pretty good about going to the week of my due date.
#27 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 11:53 AM

I am 39 weeks tomorrow, dilated to 2 cm as of Monday, soft, and lost mucous plug Thursday and Friday. I've been having lots of contractions but they are not regular. I'm feeling pretty ready, especially given my gestational diabetes (insulin shots, ketones in urine, constant monitoring, etc.).

On the induction note: I have a friend due on April 20 and her doctor wants to induce her on Monday the 9th because he'll be on vacation the following week! Her pregnancy has been completely normal and he has no medical reason for this. She refused and I fully support her!
#28 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 12:29 PM

Unless we have another scare like we did on tuesday, I am here for the long haul. I am scheduled to have my baby on 4/30 (how I wish that was tomorrow!!!!!)

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#29 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 12:46 PM

I am here. I am 37w 3d. Lots of contractions. Cervix is anterior and soft but not dialated as far as I can tell. Some increased discharge.
#30 of 78 Old 04-07-2007, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacelovingmama View Post
On the induction note: I have a friend due on April 20 and her doctor wants to induce her on Monday the 9th because he'll be on vacation the following week! Her pregnancy has been completely normal and he has no medical reason for this. She refused and I fully support her!
That's crazy!!!
Ok, I thought my OB was loopy not wanting me to go over 41.5 weeks, but inducing for vacation?!?!?! At least mine doesn't advocate induction without a medical reason (or going over 41.5 )

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page