anyone NOT have a name yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 04-07-2007, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We originally decided on Austin when I was 4 months along. Then I changed my mind. I keep going back and forth....Austin, Aidan, Santonio. We like Santonio, I just don't think it'll 'fit' our family especially if he's blonde hair blue eyed like my other 2.

No middle name yet either.

We're just going to wait till he's born and see what we come up with

ANyone else in the same boat?
#2 of 17 Old 04-07-2007, 04:06 PM

Same here! We can't decide on anything so we're waiting till shes born and hoping that her looks will inspire us. She may be nameless for months at the rate we're going lol
#3 of 17 Old 04-07-2007, 04:07 PM

No real name here either. I figure we can decide that after he or she gets here. Plus, I like keeping people in suspense!!!! (yes, I am a control freak!!!)

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#4 of 17 Old 04-07-2007, 04:11 PM

That would be me. We'd also narrowed it down to a couple of names quite early on but now I've gone completely off both of them. I can't even contemplate any names at the moment. Although I just finished reading my latest book - maybe I should read the baby names book instead of starting a new one.
#5 of 17 Old 04-07-2007, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

yeah, everytime I run across a name I like, I then think, well, I just couldn't imagine saying it over and over again. Like, when naming our 1st DC, we couldn't decide on a girl name. DH narrowed it down to 2 names out of my list. When she was 15 months old, we got our 2nd dog and named her the other name we were deciding on. Now I'm glad I didn't pick that for our DD! It woulda drove me nuts!

I'm the type who always likes things to be in order and makes most, if not all of the decisions around here. This is absolutely driving me crazy though not being able to come up with a name!! Even a middle name!!
#6 of 17 Old 04-07-2007, 05:09 PM

Dh asked me today if I had thought any more about names. He really likes Noah best for a boy. It is ok for me, he likes Sebastian, which I think is ok; I like Gabriel and Elijah; which he just thinks ok about. For a girl we are kind of leaning toward Lily, but have lots of other contenders in the wings. We are just going to wait and see.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#7 of 17 Old 04-07-2007, 08:55 PM

We don't have a name, but we always wait to meet the baby before deciding for sure anyway. I do have a *very* short list of names we are considering for a girl, but not even one name idea for a boy. I'm sure if its a girl I'll know her name immediately - or at least if its not the name I've always wanted. : If its a boy, unless it comes with his name tatooed on his buns, he will most likely remain nameless for a few weeks.
#8 of 17 Old 04-07-2007, 08:56 PM

We don't even have a list of names to choose from. Right now, the name is Butter-my ds named it.
#9 of 17 Old 04-07-2007, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We can never really decide. We just have a list to take with us, we will decide then!
BTW my dh thinks it would be cool to name our child Jose or Miguel even though we are white as white can be. It just makes me laugh!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#10 of 17 Old 04-07-2007, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
We can never really decide. We just have a list to take with us, we will decide then!
BTW my dh thinks it would be cool to name our child Jose or Miguel even though we are white as white can be. It just makes me laugh!

actually, that makes me feel better about the possibility of naming ours Santonio! I originally picked the name, it wore on DH, and now he really likes it. He is Italian, from the northern part where they have a light complexion, and it does sound really good with our last name. I just don't know...Skye, Christopher, then Santonio??? Other people said the same thing. But, it's very different and not even on the top 100 name list!

I really wanted Sebastian, but it's becoming so popular around here, as is Austin. Aiden hasn't hit this far yet, although it's #1 on a lot of baby names lists.

If we were having a girl, I had her name picked out when I was pg with my last one, which ended in a m/c. Tierra Casmire. It's spanish for land/earth. I like Sierra, but I know a couple. Tierra's not on the name list either.

I just like spanish names I think, and I'm an all american mutt!
#11 of 17 Old 04-08-2007, 12:29 PM

Apparently, I like Italian names and I am the fairest skin tone ever! DH is Spanish, so he helped our kids escape the fate of being as white as me.

We have Nicholas, Victoria, Christopher and Dominic. (And I love the name Giacomo for a boy, but dh said absolutely not. : )
#12 of 17 Old 04-08-2007, 01:33 PM

It makes me feel good to know Iam not the only one NO clue here, had some ideas but nothing thats a real go.

Midwife & Mom to Gracen 9 luxlove.gif, Avery 6joy.gif Urijah 4superhero.gif Greta Sue, 9-9-10babyf.gifuc.jpg  Oh Baby! 1sttri.gif Due in April

#13 of 17 Old 04-08-2007, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We still don't have a boy name!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#14 of 17 Old 04-09-2007, 10:50 AM

We can't agree on a girl middle name.

Not sure about a boy name yet either.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#15 of 17 Old 04-09-2007, 11:03 AM

Quote:
I do have a *very* short list of names we are considering for a girl, but not even one name idea for a boy.
me too Monkeyprincess. that's why I'm almost positive this is a boy ...I'm starting to get panicky about not having a name - even though I know from past experience I cannot name the baby without meeting the DC first!
#16 of 17 Old 04-09-2007, 01:31 PM

I've had a girl name picked out since the 7th grade. Katherine after my grandmother.
But for a boy we have no clue. There are lots of names that are nice, but nothing I fall in love with and say "That's it." So if its a boy, and I don't think it is, we will probably wait to see the baby.
#17 of 17 Old 04-09-2007, 02:50 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SashaBear View Post
I've had a girl name picked out since the 7th grade. Katherine after my grandmother.
But for a boy we have no clue. There are lots of names that are nice, but nothing I fall in love with and say "That's it." So if its a boy, and I don't think it is, we will probably wait to see the baby.

that's neat about your grandma. My grandma's name is Kathryn too. I named my 1st DC Skye Kathryn (after her). She was at the time my grandma's 1st and only great-grandchild. I call her SkyeKat sometimes to be cute.

I'm just worried that we won't be able to decide on a name when my baby's born. It's so hard for us to decide now, and I'm anxious to come up with a name while we're in the hospital b/c it makes the paper work easier. Ugh...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page