I need some excitement here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 04-08-2007, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Some mucus or something would really brighten my day. I checked my cervix this morning and it feels a little different than it did but I cant quite figure out how. Contractions every day but thats really it. I am not even 38 weeks yet but still. I feel like I have already put extra time into pregnancy since DD went to 42 weeks

Anyone else obsessively checking the toilet paper waiting for some action?
#2 of 14 Old 04-08-2007, 05:44 PM

Definately. I had lots of mucus yesterday and ctx that tightened around my back and today nothing. But I am wondering if that is related to the runny noses we all have making things stop. I am due Friday but went a week late with my dd. So I would definately like to see something more going on lol.
#3 of 14 Old 04-08-2007, 05:59 PM

Yup, obsessive tp checker here!!
I've had a few bouts of crampiness, but that's it...nothin' to write home about, that's for sure...
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#4 of 14 Old 04-08-2007, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymomof2 View Post
Definately. I had lots of mucus yesterday and ctx that tightened around my back and today nothing. But I am wondering if that is related to the runny noses we all have making things stop. I am due Friday but went a week late with my dd. So I would definately like to see something more going on lol.
Sounds like my day yesterday...let's just hope this is getting some of the work done! Can you imagine being dialted to 6 and walking around like no big deal?
#5 of 14 Old 04-08-2007, 08:00 PM - Thread Starter

that would rock.
#6 of 14 Old 04-08-2007, 08:05 PM

yep me too. My due date was yesterday and I'm desperately waiting for anything exciting to happen. I've been having very irregular ctx for about a week and some days I get really crampy, but it never lasts. And boy, some mucous would really make my day. I've only seen a tiny tiny little bit about a week ago. things really arent progressing very fast. I have an apt tuesday and would love to find out that all of these ctx have been doing something.anything. I won't be surprised if I go to 42 weeks. but I'm really hoping something starts happening. it certainly doesn't look like I'm getting the easter baby I'd hoped for.
#7 of 14 Old 04-08-2007, 08:25 PM

watching and waiting here. I have been having contractions on and off since Friday, hadn't had any at all before then. They will be 5 min apart for a little bit and then stop. I know I am not going to believe when I actually do in to labor.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#8 of 14 Old 04-08-2007, 08:55 PM

I always check the tp! Last week I started being Super Snotty Pants.

I've been having contractions all day - nice and strong, lasting over a minute each. Except only a couple an hour.

As of two Wed ago, I was 3cm and I see my mw tomorrow. I don't care to get checked but my dh is curious. With my third I went in to be induced at 6cm, and still not in labor - I think he wants to see if I actually fully dilate before going into full blown labor! So I might get checked, I don't know. I try checking myself but never felt anything that was like "So that's my cervix!" and plus, I think the positioning I need to get into to even try makes me feel queasy...otherwise I might try harder.
#9 of 14 Old 04-08-2007, 09:11 PM

I am SO glad I am not the only one checking TP!!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#10 of 14 Old 04-08-2007, 10:00 PM

another checker here. I swear when that mucus plug comes out I am going to be so proud I might take pictures
#11 of 14 Old 04-08-2007, 10:19 PM

Oh ya- I'd love to see some blood! I'm losing tons of mucus all the time, and the contrax, and the bh, and the pooping, and everything- but give me some blood! Or I'll take amniotic fluid as well! Or even some bloody mucus!
I'm not even overdue yet!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#12 of 14 Old 04-09-2007, 01:28 AM

How about lots of mucus, some bloody show, followed by 24 hours of contractions regularly 15 min apart and longer than 45 sec? On top of that I was up all night with diarehea and vomiting, still nothing. My MW was even here and it seemed it was going to turn to full labor...I'm only 5 days overdue, which means still on time, but the waiting and back and forth is no fun.

DS#1 1/05, DS#2 4/07, DD 12/11  homebirth.jpgcd.gif

#13 of 14 Old 04-09-2007, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo515 View Post
another checker here. I swear when that mucus plug comes out I am going to be so proud I might take pictures

OMG, I almost spit out my coffee!!!

I had lots of mucous this morning, so I'm thinking my mucous plug is starting to deteriorate as I was pretty dry before that (like no discharge dry, which is kinda strange when I stop to think about it). No cx for a few days though, just poopy (as usual) and lots of BH.... Liam might get his cast wednesday, so anytime after that is gonna be ok...
#14 of 14 Old 04-09-2007, 08:36 AM

Playing the waiting game here too. I was 39 weeks yesterday and I'd really just rather get it all over and done with. Not even a skerrick of mucus from here, though. Having a few bouts of BH, but nothing to get me even remotely excited.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page