I kinda miss being pregnant - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-08-2007, 06:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is our last bio child (I had a tubal) and I already miss the kicks and other fun belly time actions. I laid him out on my belly last night and I can't believe he fit in there.

I'm trying to relish everything about this last time. Looking at my 4 and almost 3 year olds, the time just goes too fast.
#2 of 9 Old 04-08-2007, 08:52 PM

OMG, you're making me cry and I'm still pregnant! I know I'm going to miss the wiggles inside of me...the hiccups...the kicks. I am so sad to think that it will all be over soon, even though something ten times better is coming.

I am taking a year off of work...I am really looking forward to all that time with my little one...I understand that it goes by too quickly.
#3 of 9 Old 04-08-2007, 09:58 PM

awww... I know I will miss it too so I try not to be in too much of a rush but its hard. I missed it when I had my other 2 kids and this is my last so I know for sure I will this time as well...
#4 of 9 Old 04-09-2007, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommytoTwo View Post
awww... I know I will miss it too so I try not to be in too much of a rush but its hard. I missed it when I had my other 2 kids and this is my last so I know for sure I will this time as well...
Looks like you'll have to change your username soon!
#5 of 9 Old 04-09-2007, 05:10 PM

I know exactly what you mean. Dp is pretty committed to a vasectomy soon, and I am sad that this is it. Emotionally I would love another baby, but financially and practically, three should be it. I do miss being pregnant - I never finished 'drinking up' the experience. I guess it is just another one of those phases of my life that is over. My son is already a week old and I am melancholy about not ever having another 1 or 2 day old in my arms and that feeling of being totally wrung out physically and on a total high emotionally. What a special time it has been, and continues to be, but I can't help feeling sad that those experiences of pregnancy and birth and the first week are just memories now and can never be recaptured. I'm only 34 - I could be jonesing for 10-15 more years yet! Although this post sounds sad, I am not sad, I am totally enjoying my baby moon, just recognizing those other feelings too.
#6 of 9 Old 04-09-2007, 05:48 PM

I miss it too! When I see pregnant women, I sigh heavily. Since DS was 2.5 weeks early, I feel like I wasn't ready to be done being pregnant. I wasn't ready to have him here so soon! Heck, today is my due date. This is our last baby too. It's so bittersweet.
#7 of 9 Old 04-09-2007, 06:57 PM

Oh my goodness!! I am scared to have that feeling again. I missed being pregnant so much last time. I cried and cried. I mourned my pregnancy with ds. I am really hoping not to have those same feelings again. I am trying really hard to enjoy these last few weeks (or days) because I know it will be over soon. However, I do look forward to meeting our newest love and nursing and holding and just cuddling with the baby and ds (I can't leave him out as he still loves cuddling - he will be 2 on the 29th!!)
#8 of 9 Old 04-10-2007, 12:10 PM

(Visiting from May DDC)

I wish I felt like you all do.

DH and I want three children but are likely to stop after this one (#2) because my pregnancies are so hard on me and the rest of the family. After DS#1 I was very relieved to be done with the pregnancy and I believe I'll feel the same way this time. I wish I was better at this!

aran .......... Mr. aran .......... DS1 .......... DS2
BIL Oct. 1961 - Jun. 2009 taken by cancer
#9 of 9 Old 04-10-2007, 04:36 PM - Thread Starter

I am glad you all understand

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page