Today might be the day...early labour? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ya, I know, I've been having false labour for a week now so this could really be nothing. However, my contrax went away or were not noticable whenever I changed activities, until today. I was up last night again, and even though they didn't really go away, I managed to sleep after a bit. This morning, though, I'm very crampy with a sore back again, and light contrax that aren't going away. My sister is flying in today from Missouri, to be here for the birth, and she just might make it in time! Both my mom and mw have placed their bets on today...so who knows!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#2 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 09:44 AM

Oooooh, I hope so! Did you decide on a hb Queen?
Anika

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#3 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

It's a beautiful morning here to labour- is it sunny there Anika? Finally, not snowing!
Well, I decided I'm going to decide when I'm really in labour. After the 'trial' last Wed, I was a little dissapointed with my indecision, and really felt 'responsible' here, esp since our home is so high maintenence, and also like I needed to entertain everyone. (The batteries/solar aren't charging well lately, the generator has been acting up and we ran out of propane last week, and our rural driveway is impassible unless you have a TOUGH 4x4) Unless I labour well into active labour and decide I'm not leaving, I think once in well-established active labour I will go to my local hospital-where there is a nice big tub that doesn't need a genny to fill, and I'll be left alone except for my midwife. I think that's what I want, to leave my house, but again, I'll see. And in no way is this decision a reflection of my view of homebirth- I still would recommend it to anyone, and am glad for my research etc. In no way do I feel unsure or unsafe- it's just I actually feel more comfortable I think in the hospital- as in comfortable like I can really let go and labour hard and not worry about things around the house or other people or anything...
anyway, sorry for the essay, but of course I have been thinking about it a lot and to my surprise, despite everything, I think I've returned to my original feelings about it...
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#4 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 10:01 AM

I understand what you mean! Had I had people here besides DH, I think I might have been just as comfortable in the hospital. Isn't it nice to feel like you have that choice?

I too decided that April 1st would be my "day" and it worked! Of course, DD decided that she wanted to be born on the 2nd, so I just ended up with a long labor and an April Fool's joke on myself

Easy Labor vibes! Keep us updated as long as you can!
#5 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
It's a beautiful morning here to labour- is it sunny there Anika? Finally, not snowing!
Well, I decided I'm going to decide when I'm really in labour. After the 'trial' last Wed, I was a little dissapointed with my indecision, and really felt 'responsible' here, esp since our home is so high maintenence, and also like I needed to entertain everyone. (The batteries/solar aren't charging well lately, the generator has been acting up and we ran out of propane last week, and our rural driveway is impassible unless you have a TOUGH 4x4) Unless I labour well into active labour and decide I'm not leaving, I think once in well-established active labour I will go to my local hospital-where there is a nice big tub that doesn't need a genny to fill, and I'll be left alone except for my midwife. I think that's what I want, to leave my house, but again, I'll see. And in no way is this decision a reflection of my view of homebirth- I still would recommend it to anyone, and am glad for my research etc. In no way do I feel unsure or unsafe- it's just I actually feel more comfortable I think in the hospital- as in comfortable like I can really let go and labour hard and not worry about things around the house or other people or anything...
anyway, sorry for the essay, but of course I have been thinking about it a lot and to my surprise, despite everything, I think I've returned to my original feelings about it...
A
I also waited until labour last time to choose. It's funny, I think you know when you get closer to the time where you will be the most comfortable. I know that this time, I've almost thought about going to the hospital, just for the "vacation"! I know I couldn't have had a whole bunch of people here last time either (just me and dp) and it will be the same this time with the exception of one caregiver for ds. I would have felt like I needed to "entertain".
Anyway, I hope you are having a lovely labour as I type this and yes the sun is shining here and it's a beautiful day!
Can't wait for an update!!
A

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#6 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 02:37 PM

Sending peaceful labor vibes Hopefully you will soon be kissing and smelling baby's yummy skin!
#7 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 02:44 PM

I hope this is it for you!!!
have a glass of wine, take a bath, relax, see what happens (that's what I did last night, went away, I had a good night's sleep!! )

Have a great labor if it is!! Hope to have some news soon
#8 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 03:23 PM

Thinking of you and wishing you a beautiful labour! (I just realized our 'due dates' are the same--but I just don't feel it yet)
#9 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 03:28 PM - Thread Starter

No updates!:
just an aching back, infrequent contrax and cramps...I'm going to lay down for a bit, but I know that will probably increase them...on the upside, my sister will make it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
Thinking of you and wishing you a beautiful labour! (I just realized our 'due dates' are the same--but I just don't feel it yet)
I know, I can't even believe I'm not overdue yet! Last time I had none of this, and fully expected to go overdue- which I did! Unfortunately I've been feeling physically 'ready' for weeks now...
A

#10 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 04:23 PM

Hoping things pick up for you, that is awesome that your sister will make it though. (I am from MO as well- so I thought that interesting that is where she is traveling from)...

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#11 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
Hoping things pick up for you, that is awesome that your sister will make it though. (I am from MO as well- so I thought that interesting that is where she is traveling from)...
I've always noted that you both live there! She's a Canadian married to an American tho- and she lives in the suburbs St.Louis, but claims she's the 'crunchiest' person in the city!
A

#12 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 05:38 PM

Isnt it funny how sometimes you just know ahead of time? With my first, my due date was sept. 15th and from early on I just felt like he'd come on the the 10th, which he did. Or was it the power of my mind thinking that all those months that caused it? Hmmmmm.....

Im due the 17th this time and for some reason I have the 15th pegged.

Anyway, goodluck and hope today is your day!!!

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#13 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 09:29 PM

Oh queen I hope this is it for you!

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#14 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys...nothing new to report. More backache, cramps and contrax. That's it. Boy it's getting old.
A

#15 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 10:24 PM

Quote:
I've always noted that you both live there! She's a Canadian married to an American tho- and she lives in the suburbs St.Louis, but claims she's the 'crunchiest' person in the city!
A
aha, I live about 2.5 hrs south of St. LOuis, but we love to go up to visit. We took Bradley classes up there and have been to some bf'ing events as well.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#16 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 10:37 PM

Hang in there!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#17 of 21 Old 04-10-2007, 11:41 PM

I am in the same boat!
#18 of 21 Old 04-11-2007, 01:00 AM

Yes, last night I had a contraction that made me think it was time, but I only had the one so nevermind. Today, off and on plus I threw up for an apparent reason (dont feel sick or anything I mean).

Hang in there, it'll happen!!

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#19 of 21 Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 AM

how are we doing today? Just think, all that backache and crampy cx are doing something!
#20 of 21 Old 04-11-2007, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Well I went to bed last night with a killer backache, and some strong contrax....and woke up this morning refreshed and feeling NOTHING! : Incredible, no back ache, cramps or contractions...or anything else that has become normal....I did wake up only once in the night to pee and was fine.
Oh, body!! What ARE you doing?
It is a little frusterating...if I wasn't experiencing the false labour I'd be in no hurry to get the baby out...I can wait, I'm not overly uncomfortable. But c'mon, cramps for weeks, contrax for a week...how will I know when it's realy it?? Oh, enough whining already:
A

#21 of 21 Old 04-11-2007, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Well I went to bed last night with a killer backache, and some strong contrax....and woke up this morning refreshed and feeling NOTHING! : Incredible, no back ache, cramps or contractions...or anything else that has become normal....I did wake up only once in the night to pee and was fine.
Oh, body!! What ARE you doing?
It is a little frusterating...if I wasn't experiencing the false labour I'd be in no hurry to get the baby out...I can wait, I'm not overly uncomfortable. But c'mon, cramps for weeks, contrax for a week...how will I know when it's realy it?? Oh, enough whining already:
A
Oh mama I am so right there with you some days I have like 30 ctx and not just BH, IT IS SO FREAKING ANNOYING! Like you said I would be in no particular hurry except for all this prodimal labor!
hang in there, you're not the only one.

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page