I am so Excited- GBS Negative! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-10-2007, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, so I know I am a little late with this, but I just got back my results and they are negative. I have been worrying about this for at least 2 months now. We are planning a hb with a dem who would not be able to get antibiotics, so I really, really, really did not want to have that worry on my mind during labor. This means now I can officially go into labor I didn't want the what if's hanging over my head!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#2 of 6 Old 04-10-2007, 04:33 PM

Awesome!! I know how exciting it is to be neg. I found out while I was in labor (I kept wondering when they were going to give me abx) and was thrilled.
#3 of 6 Old 04-10-2007, 05:59 PM

feels good doesn't it!!!! Congrats!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#4 of 6 Old 04-10-2007, 06:15 PM
Banned

Oh congratulations!!

My test unfortunately came back positive so I have to be hooked up for IV antibiotics, but my major concern is that last time I was GBS+ and after my water broke they gave me a fairly narrow window to get going before they induced me. I really do not want to be induced this time, and my ob said that they "will try to avoid it". I know the risks are minimal, but what can happen is so awful I know I will opt to induce rather than put my baby at risk, but still, keep your fingers crossed for me!!
#5 of 6 Old 04-10-2007, 06:39 PM

Yay!!!!
#6 of 6 Old 04-10-2007, 07:26 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for celebrating this with me! I did a garlic/echinicea/proplis/ vitC/bioflavonoid regimen and I guess either I was already neg or it worked, either way I am stoked. Thankfully since I have got the results I don't have to worry about continuing to keep this up!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page