Lost mucus plug this morning!! (question) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-11-2007, 12:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't experience this last time. When I had a BM this morning (TMI)...I wiped and felt something on my hand. As I pulled my hand up to look, there was a HUGE long thick mucus thingy on the TP, and partially on my hand. I examined it, there was a tinge of blood in it. I wiped again, and there was more. By the third wipe, it was all gone.
SO...my question is, for those of you that lost your plug, when did you go into labor. I'm a little nervous, as I have a scheduled section next week....if I go into labor, I'll opt for a VBAC...however, I have clients scheduled until the 18th...section on the 20th: Tell me loss of the plug doesn' mean I'm going to go into labor soon!! Really, I'd be happy to have the baby anytime now...but I still have some stuff I want to get done around the house, and I HATE to cancel my clients!!! I know it sounds crazy...it's a hairdresser thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2007, 01:02 PM

I didn't lose my plug until I was pretty far into labor, not long before transition. I guess that is not much help. I hope labor starts soon for you.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Old 04-11-2007, 01:18 PM

I lost a teeny bit the morning I went into labor, and the rest in labor.

I had a LOT of non-blood-tinged mucus for the two weeks before I went into labor.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:53 PM

I had ptl with my first and lost it weeks in advance. With this last pregnancy I lost bits on Friday, Sunday, Monday and had my baby on Tuesday. Lots of bloody show on Tuesday.
Old 04-11-2007, 02:59 PM

I did not lose my mucus plug with the first two pregnancies. This time I lost it 4 days before I went into labor and had baby.

-Pam
Old 04-11-2007, 03:47 PM

I've never lost my mucus plug. I've read you can lose it and still not go into labor for a week or two.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
Old 04-11-2007, 04:02 PM

I'm jealous!! I don't think it means labour is immediate, but it could be.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 04-11-2007, 04:33 PM

I lost my plug at about 41 weeks and DD wasnt born till a week later. I think it depends on if its bloody or not... if its bloody then it could be bloody show and labor could be soon... but if its just a hunk of snot (as mine was) it could be 2 weeks still.

Thats what I am getting from reading anyway. I dont know.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:38 PM

I only lost my mucus plug with DD #1, & it was 3 weeks before I showed any signs of labor. (Sorry not the story you wanted to hear).

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 04-11-2007, 07:27 PM

With my first baby I lost my plug a couple days before contractions started then had contractions for a couple days before true labor kicked in. With number two and three I never saw it at all. This time Ive had bits here and there, starting three weeks ago. So I guess you cant really tell. Althought I havent had lots or any blood with mine like you said, so you might be within days.

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
Old 04-11-2007, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Well...I'm 38 weeks today....so it could be close. I'm also 2cm nd 75% effaced. That of course meant nothing to me until I lost my plug this morning. I lost a wee bit more at work today. I've been having random contractions...mostly BH, however, I'll have 7 BH in an hour...then nothing for a while, then they start up again. So, we'll just have to see.

User Tag List