Mothering Forum banner

Lost mucus plug this morning!! (question)

956 views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  frenchie 
#1 ·
I didn't experience this last time. When I had a BM this morning (TMI)...I wiped and felt something on my hand. As I pulled my hand up to look, there was a HUGE long thick mucus thingy on the TP, and partially on my hand. I examined it, there was a tinge of blood in it. I wiped again, and there was more. By the third wipe, it was all gone.
SO...my question is, for those of you that lost your plug, when did you go into labor. I'm a little nervous, as I have a scheduled section next week....if I go into labor, I'll opt for a VBAC...however, I have clients scheduled until the 18th...section on the 20th
: Tell me loss of the plug doesn' mean I'm going to go into labor soon!! Really, I'd be happy to have the baby anytime now...but I still have some stuff I want to get done around the house, and I HATE to cancel my clients!!! I know it sounds crazy...it's a hairdresser thing.

See less See more
#2 ·
I didn't lose my plug until I was pretty far into labor, not long before transition. I guess that is not much help. I hope labor starts soon for you.

#8 ·
I lost my plug at about 41 weeks and DD wasnt born till a week later. I think it depends on if its bloody or not... if its bloody then it could be bloody show and labor could be soon... but if its just a hunk of snot (as mine was) it could be 2 weeks still.

Thats what I am getting from reading anyway. I dont know.

#10 ·
With my first baby I lost my plug a couple days before contractions started then had contractions for a couple days before true labor kicked in. With number two and three I never saw it at all. This time Ive had bits here and there, starting three weeks ago. So I guess you cant really tell. Althought I havent had lots or any blood with mine like you said, so you might be within days.

#11 ·
Well...I'm 38 weeks today....so it could be close. I'm also 2cm nd 75% effaced. That of course meant nothing to me until I lost my plug this morning. I lost a wee bit more at work today. I've been having random contractions...mostly BH, however, I'll have 7 BH in an hour...then nothing for a while, then they start up again. So, we'll just have to see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.