I got all excited - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-11-2007, 12:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thinking I might be going into labor soon. I've had a terrible backache since sunday, along with cramps. Sunday night, I only got to sleep from 12:30-2am, then again 7:30-8:30am. The cx, cramping and backache all kept me up. I noticed when I'd get a cx with the pressure, it would radiate to my back, and OMG, that freaking back pain! Yesterday, it continued, but not too bad. This am I wake up to cramps and spotting discharge, like when your AF's ending. I did check my cervix a lil' bit ago. It's really low, forward facing, and the exterior's opened more, prolly 3, but the inside's only a 2. At least all of this is doing something, but not quick enough.

I've been going thru this for 5 weeks now, I don't know how much more I can take! 5 wks ago I lost my mucous plug and started to dilate, but then nothing until recently. UGH.

I just have a feeling that my body's teasing me right now. Gearing up for the real thing that prolly won't come for a couple more weeks :
#2 of 6 Old 04-11-2007, 12:16 PM

I feel you...I have had increasing pains in odd places for the past week and NOTHING... come on little guy...come on!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#3 of 6 Old 04-11-2007, 12:18 PM

I know what you mean! I could have written this thread. Aren't you exhausted? I have a toddler as well and boy does mothering take it out of me. It is a good thing dh is so wonderful, but he is gone all day and all I want to do is lay around-forget running errands!
#4 of 6 Old 04-11-2007, 12:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenns_3_babies View Post
I've been going thru this for 5 weeks now, I don't know how much more I can take! 5 wks ago I lost my mucous plug and started to dilate, but then nothing until recently. UGH.
Ugh...this is not good news for me (the 5 weeks). I have gone through a week of this pre-labor stuff and am exhausted!!! I am happy for you! I hope your labor begins soon. I have a mw appointment today and can't wait to see if this past week has accomplished ANYTHING!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#5 of 6 Old 04-11-2007, 03:03 PM

I so hear you! At least we're not alone...
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#6 of 6 Old 04-11-2007, 05:54 PM - Thread Starter

strange, the cramping and backache has been coming and going today, but so has the bloody disharge (sigh of relief). I'm soooo glad to see that blood tinged yucky stuff!! At least I know it's caused by *something* going on in there. I just went to the bathroom, and there was a great deal of it

BTW, I've been VERY exhausted lately, trying to take cat naps when I can. I fell asleep this afternoon for no more than 20 minutes while watching a soap opera, and during that 20 minute period, both of my kids managed to get an orange and green crayon and go to town on ALL of the walls downstairs (we have a gate to keep them from going upstairs), fridge, 125 gallon fish tank, sliding doors...you get the point. Thank god for those magic erasers. I did all but 3 walls. DH can clean the them :

I"m so tempted to use DH tonight to try and jump start labor, or at least get me out of prodromal land. The grass isn't so green here anymore :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page