the Prodimal labor SUCKS thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-14-2007, 09:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am back in this thread to whine...sorry ladies. I got all of 3 hours of sleep, I am terribly uncomfortable and due to lack of sleep might burst into tears at the drop of a hat...anyone else? Thanks for listening!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2007, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityChic View Post
I am back in this thread to whine...sorry ladies. I got all of 3 hours of sleep, I am terribly uncomfortable and due to lack of sleep might burst into tears at the drop of a hat...anyone else? Thanks for listening!

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

Old 04-14-2007, 09:30 PM

can't someone PLEASE kick me out of this forsaken land??? I've been visiting now for 6 weeks today!! I don't know how much more I can take...just so damn exhausted, and sore. And sick of leaking pee!

I think I hear EPO screaming my name. Then that'll bring on the poops (again)...
Old 04-14-2007, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenns_3_babies View Post
can't someone PLEASE kick me out of this forsaken land??? I've been visiting now for 6 weeks today!! I don't know how much more I can take...just so damn exhausted, and sore. And sick of leaking pee!

I think I hear EPO screaming my name. Then that'll bring on the poops (again)...
Sure jenn get the outta here!

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

Old 04-14-2007, 10:19 PM

I am sorry all of you are having such a hard time.

Personally, I would not try to be more active to try to keep things going. If it is labor, it will continue whether you move around or not. We have seen women walk and walk and walk in early labor, trying to get it moving, and they often end up very tired. I would rest as much as possible early in labor.

I have been having lots of times where I will have a few hours of contractions, and then nothing. I go on about my business as best I can, letting my body do what ever work it needs to do with those contractions. I feel that they ARE doing something, even if there is no perceptible change in my body. (I have not had any VE's and will not have any unless I feel it is necessary) I know that when it really is labor that is leading to birth, I will be sure.

Like I said in another thread.....I am trying to find parts to enjoy in every day. And really, I do enjoy the feeling of these contractions too. I take it as an opportunity to practice relaxing and letting my body go.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
Like I said in another thread.....I am trying to find parts to enjoy in every day. And really, I do enjoy the feeling of these contractions too. I take it as an opportunity to practice relaxing and letting my body go.
That really is great advice!
thanks donna

Old 04-15-2007, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

I am so freaking exaughsted! I had regular painful ctx for 6HOURS at least I was sure it was the real deal based on who hard I was ctx but I decided to get some sleep in between as they had spaced out to 10 min apart and here I sit this morning with one horrificaly sore stomach........really I don't mind waiting for my babe, or even the ton of practice ctx, but feeling this crappy the next day SUCKS!

Old 04-15-2007, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy4tmama View Post
Sure jenn get the outta here!
I don't think you kicked my butt hard enough

I have this constant feeling like something wants to come out from down there. Last night it got really bad. I actually sat on the toilet and tried pushing it out, but got just a bunch of discharge instead. Could it be from how low my cervix is? I literally feel the baby move out of my vagina. It's been like this for a month now, but it's getting worse. Could it be from dilating? I wasn't dilated with either one of my other 2 before labor so I have no idea.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:22 AM

and what is with it that after you have 2 kids, the prodromal labor gets worse? I've noticed those that are pg w/#3 + are having a hard time with this. I definitely never had this with my other 2. I asked my OB about this and he said that w/subsequent pregnancies, the false/prodromal/early labor happens earlier and stronger, which is very true, but no real explanation as to why....
Old 04-15-2007, 02:22 PM

I too had a night like you ladies! No sleep from 3-630 and that was after waking hourly! Today I have lots of bloody mucus, so at the very least that has changed-YEA! I have taken a little walk, but basically I am forcing myself to take it easy. Luckily my parents are here and DS LOVES them! What do ya bet all our babies come on the same day?!? That would be too funny...it is comforting knowing I am not the only one!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy4tmama View Post
I am so freaking exaughsted! I had regular painful ctx for 6HOURS at least I was sure it was the real deal based on who hard I was ctx but I decided to get some sleep in between as they had spaced out to 10 min apart and here I sit this morning with one horrificaly sore stomach........really I don't mind waiting for my babe, or even the ton of practice ctx, but feeling this crappy the next day SUCKS!
: Hang in there!!!!!!!

Old 04-16-2007, 04:48 AM

Just knew this was the place to post this...

logged on today and saw a thread about someone losing thier plug and going into labor today and it was from the MAY ddc!

Pout.

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
Old 04-16-2007, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anglyn View Post
Just knew this was the place to post this...

logged on today and saw a thread about someone losing thier plug and going into labor today and it was from the MAY ddc!

Pout.
I saw that too and it took every ounce not to comment.......

Old 04-16-2007, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

glad I didn't even see it!

Any one heard from Queen I am wondering if she packed up and skiped town on all of us here in prodimal land!

Old 04-16-2007, 02:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I thought last night was it! Scurried around cleaning, organizing and packing up last minute things! I had contrax from 6pm-1am that were only 5 min. apart! Surely this must be it? NOPE! NADA! NOTHING! : Finally, exhausted at 1 am I drank a few ounces of wine and was finally able to sleep! Uhg.... this is getting silly!:

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

Old 04-18-2007, 08:19 PM

Just thought I would revive this thread seeing I have been having ctx all day. I have about 1 an hour...nothing to write home about.

COME ON BABY!

Old 04-19-2007, 01:55 AM

I am gonna whine. My lower back aches, I have cramps...I am tired, my legs ache. I can not move w/out a cntrx.

Dh brought home dark chocolate ice cream.....it will make me feel better right??????

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 04-19-2007, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Just thought I would revive this thread seeing I have been having ctx all day. I have about 1 an hour...nothing to write home about.

COME ON BABY!
Anything different today?
Old 04-19-2007, 09:59 AM

I feel like a pig on a spit - like I am skewered right through my hips. Sucks. And my cat keeps waking me up at night, once I finally fall back to sleep. I hate her right now.
Old 04-19-2007, 10:03 AM

I've been having aching, cramping, and contractions off and on for two weeks now. The crappy part is that now I wake up in the middle of the night and can't figure out if I've been dreaming some of it or if it is real, thanks to all my "oh, I'm in labor!" dreams. I guess that's what happens when you are so tired that your head isn't screwed on straight anymore.

Oh yeah, ice cream DOES help.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
Anything different today?
Thanks for asking! And unfortunately all the ctx have basically stopped...go figure! Just trying to be patient about the whole thing.

If baby waits until tomorrow at least DH won't miss any class so I guess I am willing to wait one more day...

Old 04-19-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
And unfortunately all the ctx have basically stopped...go figure! Just trying to be patient about the whole thing.
My condolences. That would frustrate the heck out of me...I'm so glad I'm not having any contractions, just cramping.

My patience was so thin at the beginning of this week, but I've gotten better. I just had my second acupuncture appointment to induce, so I'll see if it works THIS time.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
My patience was so thin at the beginning of this week, but I've gotten better. I just had my second acupuncture appointment to induce, so I'll see if it works THIS time.
Good luck with your acupuncture appointments!!!!!! I really hope they work! COME ON BABY HUCIFER!!!!!

Old 04-19-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Good luck with your acupuncture appointments!!!!!! I really hope they work! COME ON BABY HUCIFER!!!!!
Thanks CityChic!
Old 04-20-2007, 09:23 PM

Ok, I have been patient. I have said, hey ds2 came at 41wks, Im not rushing the baby, Im waiting, Im fine. BUT.....

Im tired of contractions that gear up, get intense, are uncomfortable, keep me up half the night and get my hopes up jsut to back down and finally let me sleep at four am! My back is starting to ache, my nether regions ache for no apperant reason and I am seriously considering just taking a book, the laptop and some water and spending my days on the toliet because I am sick of running in there every ten min. feeling like my bladder will burst, just to dribble!! ARGH! Im cranky. I am the hormonal, cranky bitch from hell right now. I have heartburn so bad its like my chest and throat are on fire. Its uncomfortable to sit, to stand, to lay, I mean, what am I suppose to do with myself? I cant fall asleep at night and I cant wake up in the mornings. I am so swollen that Im sure at least half my pregnancy weight is water retention. I get winded walking to the laundry room. When Im on my feet for any length of time, it feels like thousands of red hot needles are poking me in the legs and feet. Maybe worst of all.........I canNOT complain or say any of this to anyone I know IRL or they will just tell me to quit being stubborn and get induced. Or point out how they told me we didnt need another baby. GAH!!

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
Old 04-20-2007, 09:43 PM

Just checking in since I had my babe. My body was really geared up w PL, then I had a really nice 36 hr break and then the real labor began. I went in the tub just to be sure the ctx wouldn't stop, stayed in for an hour. They were still 6 min apart, so my MW came to check me and decided to stay just in case. I know it feels like labor will never start, but it will!!! Hang in there!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Ok, I have been patient. I have said, hey ds2 came at 41wks, Im not rushing the baby, Im waiting, Im fine. BUT.....

Im tired of contractions that gear up, get intense, are uncomfortable, keep me up half the night and get my hopes up jsut to back down and finally let me sleep at four am! My back is starting to ache, my nether regions ache for no apperant reason and I am seriously considering just taking a book, the laptop and some water and spending my days on the toliet because I am sick of running in there every ten min. feeling like my bladder will burst, just to dribble!! ARGH! Im cranky. I am the hormonal, cranky bitch from hell right now. I have heartburn so bad its like my chest and throat are on fire. Its uncomfortable to sit, to stand, to lay, I mean, what am I suppose to do with myself? I cant fall asleep at night and I cant wake up in the mornings. I am so swollen that Im sure at least half my pregnancy weight is water retention. I get winded walking to the laundry room. When Im on my feet for any length of time, it feels like thousands of red hot needles are poking me in the legs and feet. Maybe worst of all.........I canNOT complain or say any of this to anyone I know IRL or they will just tell me to quit being stubborn and get induced. Or point out how they told me we didnt need another baby. GAH!!
Hang in there...I feel you...especially the heartburn thing...OMG...I have never had heartburn like this in my life!

Old 04-21-2007, 02:00 AM

And you cant win with the heartburn. Everything gives it to me but an empty stomach also gives it to me!!

Old 04-21-2007, 12:38 PM

Quote:
And you cant win with the heartburn. Everything gives it to me but an empty stomach also gives it to me!!
Exactly! I have been eating papaya tablets like there is no tomorrow!

Hucifer, any news??? Did the acupuncture work?

User Tag List