the Prodimal labor SUCKS thread - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 59 Old 04-11-2007, 10:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am sorry but obviously I need to vent continue at your own caution!

PRODIMAL LABOR SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never experienced this before and its really awful. I have ctx, every freaking day I have so many ctx my stomach HURTS like I have attemped tummy crunches each night at 38 weeks PG. I am usualy not one to be hasty about wanting to deliver but this constant contracting, back aching, crevix pain is making me misrable, grumpy and just plain DONE!

Adding to things are the fact that I am still working and will be right up untill D -day and that DH is working 10 -12hour days and most days can't even give me an aprox. time that he will be home I am just SO FREAKING TIERD!

ok there I am done: feel free to add your own vent below!

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#2 of 59 Old 04-11-2007, 10:51 PM

Hey, maybe posting this thread will send you into labor. I posted a similar thread and DS was born the next morning!
#3 of 59 Old 04-11-2007, 10:53 PM
Banned

AMEN!!! DOWN WITH PRODIMAL LABOUR!!!

I am in agony constantly and I can't sleep. For the love of everything beautiful in this world, these contractions need to get real and get this baby out...or leave me the heck alone!!!!

I feel a bit better. I think I'll go snarl at my husband a bit about how this is all his fault (it is, he said: "No honey, it's our wedding night, let's skip the condoms and get in the jacuzzi. It'll be fine, your period just ended, what are the odds of you getting pregnant?" Apparently pretty darn good!!)
#4 of 59 Old 04-11-2007, 11:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggins&Doody View Post
Hey, maybe posting this thread will send you into labor. I posted a similar thread and DS was born the next morning!
I sure hope so!

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#5 of 59 Old 04-11-2007, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesley&grace View Post
these contractions need to get real and get this baby out...or leave me the heck alone!!!!
:

#6 of 59 Old 04-12-2007, 12:39 AM

HEY!!! I just noticed that our 4 year olds are a day apart...and our new ones will be close too! My EDD is 4/25, but having a c-section on 4/20!
Hope you go into labor soon
#7 of 59 Old 04-12-2007, 01:32 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Oh I have wanted to rant and rave, now I have a place to do it! My dh just doesn't get it sometimes, though he is a sweety and tells me to rest and makes dinner. I have had this pre-labour junk for a week and had a mw check that showed NO change!!! : : BOOOOOO This stinks!!!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#8 of 59 Old 04-12-2007, 10:00 AM

I don't know the difference between false labour and prodromel labour, but whatever, what I'm experiencing is seriously getting to me! I''m having a hard time enjoying things because I'm crabby and irritable and constantly trying to pay attention, or not pay attention to my body. It's a constant cycle- feeling just regular 9-month-pregnant and feeling like I'm starting labour, and that going on for hours, like a whole day. It's always changing and I'm beginning to hate it! I feel like I'm never going to go into real labour- it's so dissapointing and takes the fun out of it. These stupid contractions just won't turn to anything else, I feel like they're never going to get real, and everytime they start I'm just in for a few hours of pretend labour. I'm so crabby and feeling sorry for myself! Becuase if I didn't feel like I was in early labour all the time I would not be dying to have this baby- I'd be enjoying my last few days as mama of 1!! Ugh, to make it worse it's rainy and snowy and cold here, and the house will not warm up because we're burning (new) wet wood and it's so gross! My hands are cold, currently. Blah. This vent just made me feel worse. I wish I could go to the spa today.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#9 of 59 Old 04-12-2007, 11:19 AM

Whats driving me nutz the most about this is that every time dh notices me having a contraction he gets all bright eyed and says "baby now?" and then looks so dissapointed when I say no. GRRRRR.... I wish he would just leave me alone, I promised to tell him when it's real! I am past my due date and miserable...I sure hope this turns into something real SOON. I have a chiro appt in an hour, hopefully that will help!
#10 of 59 Old 04-12-2007, 11:21 AM

I agree.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#11 of 59 Old 04-12-2007, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesley&grace View Post

I am in agony constantly and I can't sleep. For the love of everything beautiful in this world, these contractions need to get real and get this baby out...or leave me the heck alone!!!!
I feel this, big time. I am running on 3 hours of sleep or so and working from home right now...I think my bed is calling me!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#12 of 59 Old 04-12-2007, 01:15 PM

me too!! and i don't get much action during the day - the cramping, backache, contractions start the minute I lay down at night...I'm like - okay, okay - if your aren't coming - at least let me sleep!
#13 of 59 Old 04-12-2007, 02:09 PM

Yay for this thread! I was sure I'd go into labor a bit early with this one (#3)because of all the activity going on down there, but here I am, 11 days 'late' AGAIN! And everytime I go to my DR. (who claims to be 'very granola' but has already brought up the "I" word...) they ask, cramps? contractions? And I grumble back, yes, of course...so yeah, at least once a day, I think, "this could be it!". And it's not. Boo.

But YAY for maybe less work later, you know, when labor actually begins...

~KC
#14 of 59 Old 04-12-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Sandals View Post
me too!! and i don't get much action during the day - the cramping, backache, contractions start the minute I lay down at night...I'm like - okay, okay - if your aren't coming - at least let me sleep!
AMEN!

#15 of 59 Old 04-12-2007, 04:14 PM

I am with ya! No sleep at night and painful crampy cntx! That must be why I was such a crab w DH last night. He kept saying what is wrong w you, do you just want to pick a fight?! I said it is a good thing I probably won't be going into labor tonight-bc we weren't feeling connected...sigh...

So obviously we need lots of rest, but I was talking w a friend today and she said NO-get moving girl! Get that baby out!! So my question is-Is the baby really ready to come out and our bodies are being sluggish and tired? Or do we need to get down to work? Not that anything I have tried yet has worked. I just keep reminding myself that my body must be doing *something* to get ready.

And BTW-my heartburn is returning (went away bc baby dropped last week) but I think babe is getting so big that it is back-I HATE HB!!!
#16 of 59 Old 04-12-2007, 11:50 PM - Thread Starter

OK so my reward/karma for posting this thread is........

Even MORE ctx that are even more painful ! Last night after getting the kids to bed I started having killer ctx (every 10 min) I swear I had on in the shower that basicly lasted the entire time I was in there (20 min) how is that even freaking possible:! I have an appt tomarrow and I think I am going to ask for a VE!

Its great to know I am not alone here in prodimal land!

#17 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 12:27 AM

My appt. is tomorrow too. I will get a VE if you do. I don't want one though bc after my last one (and it was my 1st this pg) and I got a yeast inf. I am just thankful not to have THAT now!!! Things could be worse... Oh and here is something I found on PL

http://childbirthsolutions.com/artic...abor/index.php
#18 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 04:47 AM

Ah, my sympathies to those of you having a rough time! I'm a bit crampy and have had the odd contraction that has had me wondering if the real thing was on it's way over the past few days, but nothing like some of you are experiencing by the sounds of it!

I still wish it could be over and done with. Although, hopefully not until after ds has been to soccer tomorrow so I can watch his first match!
#19 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 10:29 AM

The other night I wasn't sure what to do. I was watching Lost and was uncomfortable so I started walking laps through the house and the contractions were killing me. So I sat down to take a break. Walking kills my feet and back. And the contractions stopped. i couldn't decide what to do. Keep walking to keep them going or rest in case it was the real thing? I decided to rest and never had another contraction!
#20 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 11:07 AM

What a horrible night of contractions and cramping! And sleeplessness! At least my mom is taking ds for the day and I have my 39 wk prenatal later, maybe I will go to the co-op and indulge in something yummy!

The BIG question is what do we do? Move around ALOT and try to get things moving OR sit back, relax, and try to conserve energy for the real deal? What are you gals doing? I bounce back and forth. Maybe I will try a long walk this am. But I also want to take a warm bath, so won't that counteract the walking??!!?? UGH!

I think I will go eat some pineapple. And it is finally sunny here today!
#21 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 12:31 PM

I don't know how I missed this thread!

I started prodromal labor about a month ago...its just how my body labors so I was kind of expecting it. I had a VE on Wed and I am a "good 3cm" (as opposed to the exam 2 weeks ago, where my internal os was 1cm and the external was 3cm). I'm not due until next Tuesday, so I am expecting at least another week or two of this.

I am SO tired! And my stomach hurts. It feels like its constantly contracting, and when its not, its sore from being tight most of the time.
#22 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 01:05 PM

I guess I am lucky I started with having practice labor about 1 week ago, however it hasn't really been painful. Although it is not really indication of anything as labor wasn't really painful last time around. I just hate this feeling of anxiousness. I have told dh that when labor does actually come I am just not going to believe it.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#23 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 01:23 PM

LOL! What to do? Be active or rest? That is a good question.
Last time I walked my butt off, tried EVERYTHING to induce labor and I was 2 weeks late.
Soooo I have decided to sit on my butt, do nothing and perhaps I will be 2 weeks early!!!
Honestly, I am just doing what I would normally, yoga, EPO, napping when I am tired, enjoying some huge belly love making and taking afternoon walks (if it is warm out). I figure this child will come when it comes and that my frantic attempt last time were in vain.

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#24 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
LOL! What to do? Be active or rest? That is a good question.
Last time I walked my butt off, tried EVERYTHING to induce labor and I was 2 weeks late.
Soooo I have decided to sit on my butt, do nothing and perhaps I will be 2 weeks early!!!
Honestly, I am just doing what I would normally, yoga, EPO, napping when I am tired, enjoying some huge belly love making and taking afternoon walks (if it is warm out). I figure this child will come when it comes and that my frantic attempt last time were in vain.

That's the best way to go about it, I think. With my third, I did EVERYTHING to get that baby out! Very brisk walking for HOURS, sex, nipple stim, castor oil, accupressure, you name it. Nothing worked - when I finally (and regretfully) gave into being induced, I was 6cm and no where near "active" labor. : I had a hombirth with my last baby, and labored in the same exact pattern as before (and I'm doing it again this time!) so I don't know how far dilated I actually get before "real" baby labor starts - although once it started I definately, without a doubt knew it was time! Even though the cntx felt no different and never got closer than 10-15 minutes apart...and he was born on his due date. So that's what I'm expecting this time. I think it helps to just accept it for what it is - prodromal labor, I mean - and not get all excited every time you have a bout of cntx, ya know?

Hugs, Prodromal Mommas!
#25 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyPrincess View Post
Hugs, Prodromal Mommas!
Thank you...I need this today. They did and NST at my m/w office and everything looks great. Including that I am having regular ctx. But nothing is really happening. *sigh*

Deep breaths and lots of om ladies!

#26 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 05:57 PM

My last baby was late and I did everything to start labor and it was so frustrating! THis time, Im just watiting and assuming he will be late, if hes not, thats a bonus!!

It was my first that drove me nuts with labor starting and stopping for two days before hand, I was almost too exhausted to have him!

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#27 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 06:18 PM

I totally hear you on this one! The baby dropped on Tusday night (thought she already had but they said she was just really low before) and since then my contractions feel like her head is being rammed into my pelvic bone. Not to mention the pain it casues in my inner thighs. Sigh and all this work just to have a c-section. I wish my body would knock it off already
#28 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 10:39 PM

Had my 39 wk appt and MW said she thinks I will birth my little one in the next week...fingers crossed...she also said just do your daily routine and listen to your body. I also got to hold a NB at her office, we laughed as he looked at my big ol' belly-telling the little one to come out and meet him.
#29 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 10:43 PM

I had the opposite problem- regular, frequent contrax while resting (2min apart) but when I did stuff they went away. It would happen at night, of course, so instead of trying to sleep through them I would get up and sweep the floor at midnight, sweep the fireplace, assemble the carseat, anything. Then when they went away I'd go back to sleep.

Yesterday I had a bit of a breakdown. I just felt like noone really understood, like I was alone and I was so sick of feeling either like day 1 of my period, or like I was in labour. I crabbed about all day after a good cry, and today I'm in much better spirits. I haven't had any 'real' false labour in a day or two, so that's nice, but I also don't feel any closer the the real thing. Sigh.
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#30 of 59 Old 04-13-2007, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

fellow prodimal mama's
Quote:
Yesterday I had a bit of a breakdown. I just felt like noone really understood, like I was alone and I was so sick of feeling either like day 1 of my period, or like I was in labour. I crabbed about all day after a good cry, and today I'm in much better spirits. I haven't had any 'real' false labour in a day or two, so that's nice, but I also don't feel any closer the the real thing. Sigh.
Oh queen I hear you it's just not the kind of thing anyone can understand unless they have been there(in labor let alone prodimal):

I had my 39 week appt today and the dr said wow you've been in prodimal labor for a month now, luckily I was in a good mood or I might not of taken that very well :! before she did the VE she asked if I wanted to have my membanes stripped and my gut (no pun intended) said do it, so I consented: . Now I am having regular ctx that are not the whoppers I've been having but they are stronger than BH and seem uneffected by activity, but after weeks of ctx I am not getting my hopes up

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page