I love my Mom! And I'm having a great week! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-11-2007, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So...I just feel like sharing my happiness!

I was super stressed the last few weeks...my house was a mess (seriously dis-organized tons of papers that needed filing - just generally a disaster between geting married/moving and being really busy with work and school - plus tons of baby stuff that needed places).

My wonderful boss (who is a man - but has kids so I am sure he understands even just from his DW) gave me 3 days off (I did not want to start maternity leave yet) to get things together.

this is what happened:

Monday: Mom showed up with my 13yo sister and lunch (for all of us!) and said she was spending the day to help me organize and do laundry - even shop for tubs and stuff to make it easier for me to stay organized. My sister even washed dishes! They also came with me to my prenatal whish was really fun.

Tuesday: I met Mom at school and after she fed me lunch at her house she went to my house and continued the project (11yo sis came too and worked really hard)

Today: Went with Mom to LLL then she fed me lunch again and went back to my house (this time with my 8yo sister) and organized and filed ALL OUR PAPERS!!!! She SAT ON THE FLOOR - which was AMAZING sense that is SO HARD for me - she is so great!!! My sis ran around for me and picked stuff up off the floor for me...

Now my hosue is clean and organized, my hospital bag is mostly packed (I have to pick up a few things at the store after school tomorrow) Both cars are cleaned - detailing mine tomorrow...then puting carseats in.

I am ok with babe coming now and by tomorrow night will be fully ready (I am 38wks tomorrow so it is really good to be prepared).

But I just think it is amazing as I am siting here beginning my venture into motherhood and here is my Mom still mothering me - even though I'm 23, married and about to have my own babe - she still will do anything to teach me and help me and give me the support I need...I can't imagine not having her around... I her so much. Its funny how she has mother me sense birth (ok obviously) but I think I need and rely on her now more than ever...I mean she had 8 kids - she raised me to adulthood (and continues to raise me) I just appreciate her on a whole new level...she is the first person I call when I have a question...I love sitting with her even just to chat...it's amazing...

Anyway: just wanted to share - I am feeling great and my Mom is great! (and would be even if she hadn't helped me clean) and now I am finally ready for baby - I had been having such mixed feelings...but my house is finally a home!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-12-2007, 01:06 AM

that is awesome!!! having met your mom now ( again i guess since it turns out she knew my mom!) i think your mom sounds wonderful!!
i hope you have a nice relaxing next 2 weeks!!!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#3 of 4 Old 04-12-2007, 01:24 AM

(awww) thanx - that post is going in *my* scrapbook! It's fun to mother a mom to be - especially my own DD!!!

I still haven't gotten my mind around the idea that a baby is actually coming out of all these preparations - its kind of mind boggling to watch "my baby" get ready to have a baby!

xoxox(((()))xoxoxo

And Susan it was great to meet you - I am still enjoying sharing the story with my friends about camping with you and your mom at the lake when Heather was little

sheila
#4 of 4 Old 04-12-2007, 02:40 PM

That sounds like an absolutely fabulous day. What a wonderful blessing to have such a caring mother.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page