Heading to the hospital ... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 09:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
for a version attempt. Please keep your fingers crossed for us. I'm trying to hold out some hope that we'll still get our u/c whenever baby is ready to come on her own, but it's fading fast. I have no idea still how I'll decline a hospital induction if they successfully turn her. I have no problem declining a section if she won't turn, and my mw said she'll support me in that, so that's a relief. I'm just ready for this month to be over: the house-building, the moving, dh's school & new job, the breech-baby issues .... my focus is so split I can't get ANYTHING accomplished the way I wanted/needed to.

:

hippie.gif+reading.gif= Peanut (2004), Pumpkin (2007) and Butter Bean!! (2011)

#2 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 09:27 AM

i hope it goes well!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#3 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 09:52 AM

turn baby
#4 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 10:04 AM

Oh, I hope it goes well for you- although I hope you get what you want! I'm sorry it's been hard for you with so many things going on-
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#5 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 10:08 AM

Good luck mama! I hope that little one turns...
Anika

Mama to Finn (04/05) Arlo (04/07) and Henry (04/10)
#6 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Thinking of you!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#7 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 11:35 AM

turn baby!!
#8 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 12:46 PM

Hang in there mama!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#9 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 01:28 PM

Thinking of you momma, really, really, really hope the lil' one turns!!!!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#10 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 01:45 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#11 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 04:34 PM

i hoped she's turned heathenmom!
#12 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Well, she turned from complete breech to transverse. She was tolerating the procedure very well, but they couldn't get her any farther so they stopped, leaving her there. Which of course means that - if she doesn't move back - the only way out is via c/s AND my risk of prolapsed cord just went up. : They (the mw & ob) expect me to call back today to schedule my c-section, preferably for tomorrow.

I cannot stop crying. I know that there are plenty of mamas that plan sections, don't have a problem with them, etc. But I have fought so FREAKING hard to have this baby at home. It's just not fair. Even if she were to turn, at this point dh is so freaked out about the risk of prolapsed cord and other complications if we stay home (I'd only do this if she returned to her original Frank breech position) that he just wants me to schedule the section. I don't think he fully understands the implications of that: that he will be working full-time and going to school full time and I will be at home with a 2 y/o and a newborn recovering from major abdominal surgery trying to finish unpacking and getting moved into our new house. Just thinking about the situation we're facing right now makes me want to throw up. Literally.

I know that there are mamas in this ddc who are facing MUCH, MUCH worse difficulties with sick babies, etc. I understand that my situation must pale in comparison and I know I should be grateful that my baby and I are both healthy at this point and I should just suck it up and schedule the section, since that's what at this point is most likely to result in a good outcome for everybody. I'm just paralyzed with fear.

#13 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am sorry! How completely frustrating. I would be freaking out too. I don't think anyone judges you for being completely distraught and mad. Think on it a few days perhaps the thought of a section will not be so daunting then. Again, I am so sorry. :

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#14 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 07:42 PM

Just remember that no matter how she comes, as long as she is healthy, it is all that matters!
I had to be induced for suspected IUGR and was not too happy about it. Even then the baby came out 4 weeks early and with NO signs of IUGR at all.
we are still facing jaundice problems, but in the end I would have done anything to get her here safe and sound. It is hard to give up your birth plan, but in the end holding that sweet smelling newborn, you will soon forget and relish each day she is here, no matter what her method of arrival.
Good luck with your decision who knows maybe she will turn for you!
#15 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 09:46 PM

I just wanted to post to validate your feelings. Yes, your thoughts and feelings on this do matter and are relevant. We all want healthy babies, that is a given, but there are other things to consider as well. I am praying like crazy that your baby turns so your do not have to face this stress.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#16 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
I just wanted to post to validate your feelings. Yes, your thoughts and feelings on this do matter and are relevant. We all want healthy babies, that is a given, but there are other things to consider as well. I am praying like crazy that your baby turns so your do not have to face this stress.
: Oh heathenmom I am so sorry! I really hope she turns back! I wonder if a breech tilt (birthing from with in) would incouurage her to do so?

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#17 of 21 Old 04-12-2007, 11:59 PM

#18 of 21 Old 04-13-2007, 12:18 AM

It just plain sucks! Don't compare your situation to others or feel guilty for it worrying you! It is stressful and it stinks!

Lot's of hugs! you can do it
#19 of 21 Old 04-13-2007, 04:52 AM

Good luck! Is there any chance of bub moving to the right position now, or is there still the risk of a cord prolapse even if so? When I was looking at needing a CV at 37 weeks my bub went from frank breech to transverse (by herself), then after about 5 days in transverse position turned herself the right way, so it's not too late for you.

Good luck, whatever the outcome!
#20 of 21 Old 04-13-2007, 08:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzydotes View Post
Good luck! Is there any chance of bub moving to the right position now, or is there still the risk of a cord prolapse even if so? When I was looking at needing a CV at 37 weeks my bub went from frank breech to transverse (by herself), then after about 5 days in transverse position turned herself the right way, so it's not too late for you.

Good luck, whatever the outcome!
Anything is possible, but my hcps aren't giving us much hope. She's probably going to be a big baby, I'm already past my edd, my fluid levels are dropping which makes it harder for her to turn on her own, and she's shown no signs at all of flipping head-down and engaging at this point. All of those things are strikes against us. I'm trying not to lose hope, but on the other hand it looks like I'm going to have to suck it up and get comfortable with the idea of a surgical birth.

Thanks for everybody's support.

#21 of 21 Old 04-13-2007, 08:27 AM

D'uh - stupid pregnancy brain! I was looking at your little timeline thingummy and saw there are 2 stars beyond the heart and thought you were at wk 37.

I'm sorry that it looks like you won't get the birth you were hoping for It is upsetting - I know how I felt a couple of weeks ago when a c-section was on the horizon for me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page