I'm getting close! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 04-12-2007, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My lovely spotting has turned into a great deal of bloody discharge. It's there every time I go to the BR. Also, the cramping's getting worse, but no noticeable cx. strange. I woke up this am to an overwelming nesting instinct. I never had that with my other 2 kids. I just got done cleaning downstairs, now I have to attack my son's CD. DH has no idea how to keep up with them so to speak.

God, I feel like there's so much to do all of a sudden. I'm going to be really P.O"ed if my body's teasing me again! The cramping has to be doing something if I'm having all of this yucky bloody discharge right? I lost my plug 5 weeks ago.

Has anyone experienced just having cramping with bloody discharge, w/o cx in early labor? I always had slight cx with my other 2. I just really hope I'm leaving prodromal land soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 04-12-2007, 01:28 PM

no experience here, but hope you are starting the real thing. I cannot speak on the nesting as I am pretty much a constant nester...

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#3 of 18 Old 04-12-2007, 04:19 PM

ooooh-don't overdo it on the nesting! Esp. after 5 wks of pro. lbr! Save your energy for the big event!!! Make an Orange Julius-my favorite or eat some Haagen Daz! I am jealous, we will miss you in pr. lbr land!!!
#4 of 18 Old 04-12-2007, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

UGH, I feel like I want to SCREAM!! the cramps get really bad for a couple hours, then they lighten up some. The bloody discharge does the same, although when there's no blood tinged stuff, there's still a lot of discharge.

It's raining here so I can't go for a walk. My bowels keep emptying out, which started last night. Everytime I eat, a lil' bit later, I HAVE to go. So, I can't go too far. I'm thinking that I have to take my rings to get inspected/cleaned so maybe DH can get the carseat thing figured out tonight when he gets home then we can go to the mall.

I'm not too keen on using him to 'jumpstart' anything right now. I don't even want to check my cervix. THat's how uncomfortable I've been today.

I think I did overdo the household work. Maybe when DH gets home I can take a lil' nap.

I just hope to leave prodromal land soon!
#5 of 18 Old 04-12-2007, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

now I'm just getting peeved at all of this. Between 5-6pm tonight, everything just STOPPED. No more cramping, or yucky bloody discharge. Seems like I have a permenant residence here at Prodromal Labor Land : It'll be 6 weeks from this coming saturday that I've been a resident here. Maybe I should try some EPO....
#6 of 18 Old 04-12-2007, 10:55 PM

Well, at least you HAVE bloody discharge. That means you are closer than me!
#7 of 18 Old 04-12-2007, 11:56 PM

With my first two I had nothing until labor was ready to start, but with number three, I did this dance for WEEKS and I remember how frustrated I was! Just as soon as things were really progressing, they'd stop for awhile. It was SO annoying! Ive done a little of that this time, but I just try not to get my hopes up. I resigned myself yesterday to thinking it will be at least a week and maybe three.

Hang in there, the babe has to come out sooner or later!!

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#8 of 18 Old 04-13-2007, 12:01 AM

oh jenn, someone has to move out of prodimal land I was really hoping it was you (ok me too but you actually sound like things are happening)

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

#9 of 18 Old 04-13-2007, 09:56 AM

I hope something has happened overnight! I know how sucky this place is to be!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#10 of 18 Old 04-13-2007, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Ugh, still here. I woke up this a.m. to the same thing....cramps are starting, discharge is getting excessive so I feel wet all the time(sorry TMI) and it's getting tinged again. I have an OB appt this afternoon and I will be bitching. I know they can't do anything, but at least they'll know what I'm going thru.

OH, did I add that since I had the poops all day yesterday starting wednesday night, now they feel full in a way like I have to go again?. Wonder if I got internal hemmoroids?? Just one more thing to my discomfort.

One thing different from yesterday is that my stomach's getting hard with the cramps. So I guess that's a good sign.

thanks for asking!
#11 of 18 Old 04-13-2007, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

oh, my boobs started hurting yesterday, and hurt a bit more today. What's up with that? They haven't hurt for months.... I never had this with my other 2.
#12 of 18 Old 04-13-2007, 10:47 PM

Oh, I hope this is really it for you...and that your doc appt will have good news. How'd it go?
It just sounds all too familiar- and nothing's happening here either
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#13 of 18 Old 04-14-2007, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of my Castle View Post
Oh, I hope this is really it for you...and that your doc appt will have good news. How'd it go?
It just sounds all too familiar- and nothing's happening here either
A

looks like you beat me to it from the looks of your other post!

I'm GBS negative!! I was positive with my 1st, never got the test done with my 2nd b/c he came too early.

My cramps got really bad yesterday and officially turned into cx, which I"m still having. The cramps are constantly there too. They haven't gotten regular though, and keep changing in intensity, but it's all still happening. I just got done cleaning my carpets and I have other stuff to do. maybe something will jump start the lil' guy into coming.

I did check my cervix yesterday. It's VERY low, literally right there, and opened more. Between 3-4. YAY!!
#14 of 18 Old 04-14-2007, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenns_3_babies View Post
I did check my cervix yesterday. It's VERY low, literally right there, and opened more. Between 3-4. YAY!!
: , this sounds promising!!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#15 of 18 Old 04-14-2007, 04:41 PM

OOO-exciting! Don't overdo it!!! It sounds like you are really nesting! I finally have bloody discharge, but not much. Have you used this?

http://www.contractionmaster.com/
#16 of 18 Old 04-14-2007, 04:50 PM

sounds like your body is getting geared up to go!

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#17 of 18 Old 04-14-2007, 04:52 PM

oh, I just checked out that contraction master that is way too cool! I bookmarked it for the toolbar on the laptop.

#18 of 18 Old 04-14-2007, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonTana Mama View Post
OOO-exciting! Don't overdo it!!! It sounds like you are really nesting! I finally have bloody discharge, but not much. Have you used this?

http://www.contractionmaster.com/
that link is way too cool! I just don't know once I'm in full blown labor if I can make it to sit here on the computer :

same ol' crap going on here. My body's taking it's time. I took a nap this afternoon w/my 1 1/2 yo. I had dreams about cx and bloody discharge...weird...but the cramps/cx woke me up. I guess it's good to know my body's doing a lot of work before the real thing starts though.

I just wonder how queen of my castle's doing????

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page