How Exciting!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-13-2007, 04:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went to my OB/GYN today, and basically... If I don't go in to labor by April 18th... Thursday... I will be induced...
#2 of 11 Old 04-13-2007, 06:28 PM

WOW that is soon mama good luck!
#3 of 11 Old 04-13-2007, 06:40 PM

You're having a babe soon!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#4 of 11 Old 04-13-2007, 07:06 PM
Banned

Wow, why are you going to be induced one day past your EDD? I hope everything is going well and normal with your pregnancy, but if not, best wishes!
#5 of 11 Old 04-13-2007, 08:48 PM

I hope that your lil' one decides to come soon. Not to be a big party pooper but a friend just went through this, decided on an induction on her due date, first time mom. The baby was evidently not ready and she was put on a time clock, she was being prepped for a csection as she wasn't progressing fast enough for them, just as she was to be willed off they discovered she was completely dilated. She was about 10 min from an unnecessary csection. I know it is very difficult being hugely prego and wanting to met your babe. However, I have to put that out there. Average gestation for first time moms is 41weeks plus. I would make sure to discuss with your dr their means for inducing and also how long will they "let" you labor before doing a csection. Will you be able to walk around to labor etc. Best of luck to you momma.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#6 of 11 Old 04-13-2007, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Margaret View Post
Wow, why are you going to be induced one day past your EDD? I hope everything is going well and normal with your pregnancy, but if not, best wishes!
I know, I know, my doctor basically said it makes no sense to continue to suffer... And although I haven't had horrid complications... I'm having a hard time...
#7 of 11 Old 04-14-2007, 01:51 AM
Banned

Well, it DOES make sense in that the studies show the cascade of interventions that statistically go way up with induction. That's just the factual side of things to deal with.

But whatever your decision, I wish you the best of luck and blessings!
#8 of 11 Old 04-14-2007, 04:50 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Margaret View Post
Well, it DOES make sense in that the studies show the cascade of interventions that statistically go way up with induction. That's just the factual side of things to deal with.

But whatever your decision, I wish you the best of luck and blessings!
Well I respect your opinion... But I trust my doctor hes been in practice for over 28 years...
#9 of 11 Old 04-14-2007, 11:43 AM

i can totally understand wanting to put a definite end date to the very uncomfortable end of pregnancy - but I also urge caution. Of course, these are all anecdotal: two of three of my recently pregnant friends/coworkers who got induced near term ended up with a c/section - and even in the one who didn't, the baby had a lot of jaundice problems despite being over 7.5 pounds. My first labor was augmented with pit after 42 hours and he also was jaundiced despite being 41 weeks and over 8.5 pounds. I don't think that a baby's liver is normally prepared to handle the flood of drugs during an induction. Of course, this is usually just a temporary set back - but something to think about.
#10 of 11 Old 04-14-2007, 05:49 PM

congratulations mama It must be very exciting to know that you'll be holding your little baby so soon. I would be so happy to have a date set. Who knows, maybe just having that peace of mind will put you into labor naturally anyway! but either way, good luck!!
#11 of 11 Old 04-14-2007, 06:02 PM
Banned

HappiMommi, I truly hope you end up going naturally before you are induced, and if you are induced that your body copes with it better than mine did. I went into hard painful labour very quickly and the only way to describe the sensation is that it felt like my hips were cracking apart and at one point I was thrashing around trying to climb out of my skin. I ended up needing an epi in order to cope. I was told, after, that my experience was "typical of being induced." My induction was not elective though, I tested positive for GBS and too much time had passed since my water breaking (which it did spontaneously) and I was not progressing on my own, thus the risk to dd was going up. That said, the epi (even though I am praying with my entire being not to have to take that again) took the edge off, I was able to sleep and my body relaxed and when I woke up my body was already pushing on it's own. I did not top up the epi meds and was able to listen to my body, push on the urge and was told by my dr and the nurses that I was the "best first time pusher they had ever seen." They kept asking me "are you sure you've not done this before?"

It is exciting though, seeing the end in sight. Good luck to you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page