Wow the difference between the Ob and midwife... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went to the midwife yesterday and I am so excited because things seem like they are going to be different with this baby from the begining!!! First of all they are not going to take the baby away to the nursery. We get to have immediate skin to skin and cord delay!!! We also get to bathe the baby ourselves!! I know this may not seem like a big deal to some of you but my ds was with me for maybe 30 mins and then taken to the nursery for 4 hours after birth for the assesment and bath. If things go as they should, that will not happen again. So now I see why I chose the midwife (I posted long ago about who I should choose and most of you encouraged the midwife... thank you!!). Just wanted to share.
#2 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We had our 1st dd in a midwife birth center and it was so cool to see my dh give his new daughter her first bath. It was also very special for him. That is one thing we are demanding happen with this baby at the hospital. He is adament that HE be the person to bathe his new baby. It is so cool to see him care so much about something so little. We are delivering at a hospital but with midwives, we will see if it works for us, otherwise next time we are at home. Midwives rock!!!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#3 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 07:06 PM

The difference is amazing! Isn't it? Of course another huge difference is that 1st babe was hospital and 2nd, and3rd were homebirths, but stilll!

I love midwives!

Shelley, mom to dd 5/19/01, ds 9/06/02, and ds 4/01/07.  Lost babe 4/09

belly.gifDue 12/18/12!

#4 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 07:47 PM - Thread Starter

My dh is frightened by homebirth and we don't have any birthing centers so a hospital delivery with a midwife was the next best thing. I think it would be awesome to have a home birth though!!

My midwife said I will be free to move around during labor and not be attached to an IV like I was w/ds. They will not break my water and they will have things progress naturally.

My ob told my dh I was at the point of no return for getting an epi and of course he talked me into it so then I got the epi, my ob broke my water (@ only 4 cm dialation!!), then things slowed down and I was given pitocin. It seemed like a domino effect. I hope that doesn't happen this time.
#5 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 08:30 PM

I am so glad you are getting the birth you want, it is nice to have care providers that are attentive. I had a natural birth last time with an ob, and was extremely lucky with everything.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#6 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 08:39 PM

I LOVE home birth, and being a midwife. Iam glad that you found homebirth it will change your life and the way you will birth forever.

Midwife & Mom to Gracen 9 luxlove.gif, Avery 6joy.gif Urijah 4superhero.gif Greta Sue, 9-9-10babyf.gifuc.jpg  Oh Baby! 1sttri.gif Due in April

#7 of 7 Old 04-13-2007, 10:26 PM

I saw an OB at 7 months for a "wellness" check up. Yeah, never again. I had open heart surgery in 1987...he wanted to sit down and talk about c-section because he didn't know of any heart surgery patients that had natural births...FORGET IT DUDE!

Really glad I have a m/w

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page