Getting tired and a bit discouraged (Caution:Pity Party underway) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 10:29 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I went to see my ob Thursday morning and she felt my belly and told me that the baby had dropped (something I noticed as I tried to walk from the busstop to the office) and was ready to go. She said that she figures I'll have the baby over the weekend, but if not I'm to go in Monday and she'll do a cervix check and then discuss our options. She totally understands how uncomfortable I am.

So all day Thursday I had cramps off and on, nothing consistent. Over night they get worse, but still not consistent. Friday by mid-morning the contractions are coming 20 mins apart, for an hour and a half. Probably longer because it was quite a while before I started jotting them down. They were uncomfortable, but I was managing them well. I decided after lunch to get into the tub (felt a sudden urge to shave my legs). I was in the tub 5 minutes, was due for another ctx...nothing. I was in the tub for about 45 min, had two pains, nothing that I would call a ctx. I got cleaned up, got out and started having ctx, nothing consistent. All freakin afternoon and into the evening. Sometimes they were so intense I felt like I was going to vomit. My dh had to do a clinical rotation, so he left at 7pm and was not to return until 7am (his supervisor knows that he may be called anytime now and that he'll have to go). By 10:30 I was in bed with my dd, who's 2, and I was bawling because the pains were all over the place with the intensity and timing. I had the last "contraction" at 10:50. I did not sleep well, between my dd's cough waking us both up and the usual aches and pains that plague me whenever I lay down. Today my back is just at a constant ache and everytime the baby moves it hurts.

I am very eager to meet my baby, but I don't want the baby to come if it's not ready. But I am so sick of how I am feeling. I'm not able to function. My poor little girl has no idea why Mommy cries out if she tries to cuddle up to me, my son has been snapped at unfairly because I am feeling so out of sorts, my husband tries to be supportive by saying "I know" when I say it hurts, which just makes me mad because no, he does not know how I am feeling, then I'm snarling at him. I'm just tired, frustrated and I just want this over with already. I remember with my dd when I had BHC and other pains they did not feel manageable...but once I was in actual labour I handled it so well (until they induced me, but that's another story), because while the pains were more intense, I knew it was the real thing.

Sorry for the pity party, I just figured you guys would all understand since we're in this together.
#2 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 10:44 AM

Of course we understand!!! Many of us are having similar experiences. I was like that about a week ago. I thought for sure I was about to have the baby. Now, I am sure the baby will stay in til closer to the edd maybe een after. I really hope you get some relief soon
#3 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 12:27 PM

((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))
The end just sucks. I dont know what else to say, except that we are all in it together so at least thats smoething to console yourself with.
#4 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 12:31 PM

i have a pet theory that pregnancy is designed to get REALLY uncomfortable near the end so you can't help but greet labor with JOY and VIGOR!!! I know I will!!! ...but its tough to wait it out, no doubt about it. ALl my 'errands' are done - I am trying to find anything to do to just pass the time and not think about THE WAIT..
#5 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
Of course we understand!!! Many of us are having similar experiences. I was like that about a week ago. I thought for sure I was about to have the baby. Now, I am sure the baby will stay in til closer to the edd maybe een after. I really hope you get some relief soon
Yep, I think you just described my day yesterday very well. M/W appt, pain, pain, pain...no sleep...no baby. : let us know how you are doing, many of us can commiserate with you!!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#6 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 12:56 PM

I am feeling impatient here as well. I certainly have not been up for mom of the year here lately. I remember my prelabor contractions as worse than labor as well.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
#7 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 12:58 PM

Hi! Not your ddc but I have soooooo been there. Today I am okay! Your body is dealing with a lot. Be kind to yourself. Being so close to giving birth is a amazing place to be! Tell you dc how you feel. Children are amazingly understanding of their pregnant mama's.

((((((Hug))))))) for you. And for OUT! to the baby.
#8 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13Sandals View Post
i have a pet theory that pregnancy is designed to get REALLY uncomfortable near the end so you can't help but greet labor with JOY and VIGOR!!! I know I will!!! ...but its tough to wait it out, no doubt about it. ALl my 'errands' are done - I am trying to find anything to do to just pass the time and not think about THE WAIT..

I just came up with that theory this week, too!!!

---You should read the prodomal labor SUCKS thread, we really ARE in this together!! It sounds like you are close!
#9 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I've been contracting pretty much all day accompanied by back ache, but i have not been timing them because it's too upsetting when they don't have a pattern. Right now everything is so freaking tight, we're debating whether or not to go in to be assessed. I just don't want to get everything ready to go over and then wait for a couple hours to be told to go home, kwim? But I'm also worried if I wait too long I'll suddenly find myself in full blown labour, home by myself with my kids (dh has another 12-hour clinical rotation tonight, he'll be gone from 7pm to 7am). My mom is coming to the hospital with me anyway, and dh can always meet us there, but the thought of having to pack up the kids by myself seems very overwhelming right now.

My coping skills are just low because there has been so much pain and so little progression. I think that if I go to be assessed and the dr tells me that I'm barely dialated...I just don't think I'd be able to cope with that. DH tried to check my cervix, but he has not had any hands-on training to know exactly what it feels like (the moms he was with for his labour and delivery clinical were ok with a male student, but he did not get to examine them. Um, did I mention my dh is graduating with a degree in nursing in about a month? he's pretty handy to have around) All he knows is that it feels different than the, uh...last time he was playing around in there ( TMI?)

I've been to the prodimal labour thread, and even though I wish none of us were dealing with it...it does make me feel better knowing I'm not alone.
#10 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 06:10 PM

I have had more discomfort the last couple of weeks, mostly because of how baby is laying. It hurts to walk, so I just don't do too much of it. I have a lot of help and support from dh and my other kids. As much as I am looking forward to seeing my baby, I am doing okay with waiting too.

I have had bouts of contractions, but I pretty much ignore them. I know that I WILL know when it is the real thing. If I have to ask myself if it is or not, then it probably is not.

I am finding parts of these last days to enjoy, even around the discomforts. I still love feeling my baby moving, I love imagining what he or she will look like. I love imagining what my labor and birth will be like.

I have plans for the next few days, and if no baby by then, I will make plans for the few days.

Hang in there, mama. It really won't be long.
#11 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
I have had more discomfort the last couple of weeks, mostly because of how baby is laying. It hurts to walk, so I just don't do too much of it. I have a lot of help and support from dh and my other kids. As much as I am looking forward to seeing my baby, I am doing okay with waiting too.

I have had bouts of contractions, but I pretty much ignore them. I know that I WILL know when it is the real thing. If I have to ask myself if it is or not, then it probably is not.

I am finding parts of these last days to enjoy, even around the discomforts. I still love feeling my baby moving, I love imagining what he or she will look like. I love imagining what my labor and birth will be like.

I have plans for the next few days, and if no baby by then, I will make plans for the few days.

Hang in there, mama. It really won't be long.

: Great advice.

I hope you can feel better and enjoy the last couple days of your pregnancy.
#12 of 12 Old 04-14-2007, 09:03 PM

OH mama hang in there we can't stay PG forever! I know how you feel its totaly drainingto have ctx all the time, add in the hormonal soup its no wonder your coping skills aren't at there all time high!

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page