Today's my due date - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-14-2007, 03:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yup I made it full term. I have all the complaints of every one on here. Swollen ankles and feet. I finally broke down and pulled out some of DH's socks. Lots of pelvic pain and pressure. Constant contractions that amount to nothing. Luckily I still sleep decently at night. But DS1 (2years old) has started waking up at night. I wonder if its not anxiety abou the new baby coming.
My dr offered to induce me early. Of course I turned it down. It was totally elective. Now I think how I could already have a baby and be home! But I want my natural labor more than I want this baby out. If mainstream people knew that I bet they would think I was weird.
I've decided to stop walking trying to induce labor. It only gives me false hope. I start walking, the contractions start coming often and hard. I sit down to rest and they stop! So no more walking for the intent to induce.
I have a freakin yeast infection and I'm worried about how its going to affect my labor. I haven't had a chance to talk to the dr since I found out. Anyone know? And because of this I don't want to have sex. Not that I wanted sex anyway.
I could go on and on about complaints but if you are still pregnant I'm sure you have the same complaints!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-14-2007, 03:25 PM

Hang in there...its so hard not to get antsy when you hit THE DATE! Lots of labor dust to you...

And yeah, I have stopped walking as well, I can't take it anymore!!!!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
Old 04-14-2007, 04:56 PM

: Feeling your pain. As for the yi I think from what I have read that it wil not interfere with labor, however there is a chance that the baby may devolop thrush after being born (that is a yeast infection of the mouth making bf'ing a bit more difficult). While it is the weekend and you cannot get ahold of your dr I would at least do some natural immune boosting- stay away from all the carbs and sugar you can- yeast feeds off of them. Extra vit C and echinicea, and garlic as well. I am having a flare up today- (I was such a bad girl and went and got DQ yesterday- which I think I have done maybe 1 other time this pregnancy) anyway right now I am using a garlic suppository. The earlier you catch it the easier it is to deal with.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Old 04-14-2007, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

About the yeast infection, dr called in a prescrip for me and I picked up something called "Yeast Defense".
Old 04-15-2007, 12:36 PM

We are in the same boat, today is my due date, can't have sex because of what I think is a YI, vaginal exams have been killer for the past two times because of it. I'm trying to be easy on carbs and no sugar. I'll eat some garlic today and take more vit. c. It's been so long since I got a yeast that I was hoping that it wouldn't happen...wrong! It's my first baby so I am really confused about what the heck a braxton hicks feels like, none the less a contraction. My periods have always been SO horrible my whole life, so everything just feels like mild menstrual cramps to me.
I hope it happens for you soon. Good labor wishes coming your way.

Mama to DS 4.22.07 (ana to peanuts) and DD 10.7.09

User Tag List