It's mid April who is still pregnant? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 153 Old 04-18-2007, 06:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bkwyrm View Post
Today is my "due date." I've been fielding calls all day, telling people that I'm still pregnant, I am showing no signs of labor, etc. I feel oddly apologetic about it, like it was somehow my duty to go into labor promptly!
My doula has me taking drops of black cohosh and blue cohosh and I have to say, this stuff is DISGUSTING. Eeew. Why can't tinctures taste like chocolate?
A little off-topic, and I apologize.....but why is your doula having you take cohoshes???? It doesn't seem within the scope of practice for a doula.
#62 of 153 Old 04-18-2007, 06:28 PM

She's also an herbalist/midwife - I think of her as a doula because that's what she is to me most of the time.
The cohoshes are to avoid a medical induction, which I'm facing if I don't go into labor in the next few days. And I'm taking very, very small amounts.
This stuff is still pretty disgusting, though. Bleh.
#63 of 153 Old 04-18-2007, 06:28 PM

I am due a week from today and I am already sick of all the "your still pregnant" remarks. I am not answering my phone anymore and I am avoiding my neighbors like the plague.
#64 of 153 Old 04-18-2007, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think I was a little curt with my MIL the other day, because instead of calling me, she called DH at church today.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#65 of 153 Old 04-18-2007, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
I thinbk we should all get pedicures and then post back here with pics.
I think my feet are ugly regardless so the pedicure just helps mask them a little but I'll post once I finish.... I have to do my own or at least try too.
#66 of 153 Old 04-18-2007, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Well, people are asking me if I "popped" yet. I get a visual of my belly exploding. It is scary. :

So, dh and I went to our property the other day (we're about to start building a house in about 2 weeks!!! - yikes) and while we were there our neighbor called to see if I had the baby because we had been gone for a couple of hours. Isn't that silly? Like we are hermits and the only time we are going to leave is for me to give birth.

My computer BROKE!!! So, I can't get on to post as much as I would like and see who is still with me (pregnant) who has had their babies. I didn't realize how addicted I was to this place until my computer got sick So, if I'm not around it doesn't mean I have given birth... although I was quite restless last night and had some contractions for about 2 hours that were 10 mins apart. I was thinking oh goodness I still need to do all these things!!!
#67 of 153 Old 04-18-2007, 06:48 PM

Popped that term is so funny...I have had several people ask me that as well and I got the same strange visual
#68 of 153 Old 04-18-2007, 07:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
In the interest of keeping busy, I went to Costco today to get raw almonds that I have a FABU recipe for. I picked up a few other things as well. When I got to the register, the chick says "How much longer?" I said "A few days, maybe a week or so." She says "Oh boy! I DO NOT envy you! That is the worst part." I said "Really? That's too bad. I am enjoying every minute of being pregnant. It is such a cool thing, to have my baby inside." She sort of stammered and didn't really know what to say, then said "Well, I was having twins." Okay, I am sure that had a lot of other challenges than a singleton. But I am still enjoying where I am at.
YEAH, that's all I'm saying-- it's a pleasure to be pregnant. I'm excited about having a baby out here of course, but as long as it's still in there, I'm enjoying it

I was at Costco, too! I wish I had gotten some almonds, too, mmmm... I got contact solution,
#69 of 153 Old 04-18-2007, 09:19 PM

People are kind of selfish sometimes...my SIL (due June 2) complains all the time about her pregnancy (but when I listen it sounds like we have gone through all the same things)..I am certainly uncomfortable - but it really is so amazing that there is an actual person in my belly and my body is supporting him! And I love watching him move...the main reason I can hardly wait for his arrival is just to meet him and have the reassurance that he is ok (now that he is biger and moves less I get worried sometimes - but MW said he is healthy, just out of room!) And even though he is not even here yet, I certainly plan to do it over again sometime in the future!

Another great thing about being pregnant and close to my EDD is the whole "nesting" thing - actually the past few days DH has started helping out more b/c I think I am driving him crazy with not staying still and always cleaning and organizing and cooking

I don't even remember who started this thread, but this is a great way to stay occupied too!
#70 of 153 Old 04-18-2007, 10:54 PM

People have been asking me "havent you had that baby yet?" since like, week 32 or something!

I am holed up at home not taking calls at the moment.

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness
#71 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. Margaret View Post
YEAH, that's all I'm saying-- it's a pleasure to be pregnant. I'm excited about having a baby out here of course, but as long as it's still in there, I'm enjoying it

I was at Costco, too! I wish I had gotten some almonds, too, mmmm... I got contact solution,
Oh, so let me give you the uber-easy "recipe"

Soak a bunch of almonds in salted water for at least 6 hours, or overnight
Drain water off
Put almonds on cookie sheet
Bake at 200 degrees for approx 8 hours, stirring occasionally
They are done when they are crispy

These are THE BEST!!! I was totally a Blue Diamond Smokehouse kinda gal. They were my favorite almonds. But these are sooooo much better. I can hardly describe it. They are basically roasted, but without all the seasonings to cover up the natural roasted almond flavor. I bought 6 pounds today, that should last me a little while.

Yes, yes, I am nesting too. My dh keeps laughing, like when I HAVE to go out to Target at almost 9pm to get that hose we needed. NO, IT CAN NOT WAIT UNTIL TOMORROW!!!! I am making our bed tonight with a second set of sheets and the shower curtain. I wanted it done MONDAY, but dh said he would do it yesterday, then this morning....he is working late tonight, so I will take matters into my own hands.

I also got obsessed with having the inside of my washing machine cleaned out. Come on....who the heck really cares about washing out their washing machine??????? I had to laugh at myself.

I am vacuuming my bedroom daily....
#72 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 12:49 AM

Still here too! My mw said I was at 3 cm today, so at least things are moving!
I just realized there at quite a few of us due in the same week!!! This will be interesting!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#73 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 12:53 AM

Quote:
I also got obsessed with having the inside of my washing machine cleaned out. Come on....who the heck really cares about washing out their washing machine??????? I had to laugh at myself.

I did that last night too!!! Probably because I was re washing baby clothes!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#74 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 01:09 AM

I think my husband is wishing I would start nesting - instead, I'm sitting on the couch with the cats, a heating pad, and the TiVo remote!
I went out yesterday and got a lovely pedicure, so at least my toes look good.
#75 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 02:23 AM
Banned

Yummy, thanks, Donna! I am such a nut nut the last few years-- and I've been on walnuts a lot (b/c I bought so many big bags at costco and only ended up making one batch of spiced walnuts this Christmas instead of the ten I often have to do, ) but I've been missing almonds... I could make those and take some and chop them up to put on my fruit and yogurt... yummm...

I hear ya on the must-take-care-of-this-now nesting urge. but I'm slacking off a bit now, after a week or more of it. I think the beach is calling me tomorrow morning rather than the icky bathroom counters or the crusty fridge
#76 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 09:17 AM

Donna,
How much salt do you usually put in the water for the almond recipe? I just got a bag of Costco almonds and it sounds great.

I'm thinking it would be worth it to get caller-ID about now. I am tired of explaining when my due date is and when I am "likely" to deliver.
#77 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 09:53 AM

YOu know what irritates me (besides everything else right now LOL)... every time I have an appointment (its a mw appt but my mom assumes its a dr appt since I dont share our hb plans) I come back and she is all "How is everything? What did the dr say? Is everything on time?"

WTF? I always just look at her blankly and say "yeah I am still pregnant"
Finally last time I just said, you know they dont KNOW when the baby is coming right?
#78 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 10:18 AM

Man, I felt sure I'd have a baby by now. I started having contractions last night--crampy and backachy ones that never did much but keep me awake. DH wants to go to a meeting today (he's taking some vacation time because he's all cleared up at work and doesn't really have anything to do) but I might try to convince him to go... somewhere. I don't know where, I just want to get out, you know? I've never been a huge putterer or had this much prodromal crap going on.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#79 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 01:24 PM

this week it's been interesting to be out and about (at my swimming class, walking in the park, grocery store, whatev) and people are asking, "Ooooooooh when are you due??????" and I caaaaaaaasually answer, "Oh, Saturday."

SHOCK all around! Am I supposed to be on bed rest??? lol.
#80 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_anne78 View Post
this week it's been interesting to be out and about (at my swimming class, walking in the park, grocery store, whatev) and people are asking, "Ooooooooh when are you due??????" and I caaaaaaaasually answer, "Oh, Saturday."

I hear you! I am 41+ weeks...I just tell people "last week" and they get all

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#81 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 05:04 PM

You wouldn't believe the looks I got today! I took the kids out to the mall to get my rings cleaned. My 1 1/2 yo was walking in between me and my 3 1/2 yo, both of us holding one of his hands. People just stared, and I could read their minds...like OMG look how pg she is and she already has 2 lil' ones. THe lady at the jewelry store asked when I'm due, then was like "OMG!" Some people...

But, I think I found my new favorite past-time...going to the mall with only a couple bucks and walking around. I brought a big sandwich bag of pennies for the kids to throw in the fountain. I figure all the walking might do some good.

Off to do more cleaning. Something has to get me outta prodromal land. I still haven't used DH yet, but am majorly considering it. I just don't know how comfy that would be this far into the pg. It wouldn't even really be for my own enjoyment at this point
#82 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queen_anne78 View Post

I get the same look when I tell them "in three days." And yes, apparently we're supposed to be in home arrest or something.

On a side note, I just saw Blades of Glory at the movies to get my mind off of things...it worked! I totally didn't think about labor for a whole hour and a half...and I laughed my butt off.
#83 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 06:58 PM

Try being "late". People act like it's obscene that you're upright.

#84 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 09:56 PM

No kidding Annette. And the dorky things people say!

"Oh no!!! Don't drop it HERE!!!" Huh?

"WOW!!! You are HUGE!!!" Thanks, could you compliment my glowing skin instead, please.

"Oh, you poor thing, you must be miserable. I sure don't envy you." Sure, let's make me feel really good by telling me how miserable I must be. How about telling me something nice you remembered from the end of your pregnancy? Put a bit of a positive spin on it, k?
#85 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 10:10 PM

The one reaction that's boggled me so far has been people who say "Oh, you're so calm!"

CALM? It's not like I'm in labor right now - I'm waiting to go into labor. Why wouldn't I be calm?
Sheesh.
#86 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 10:41 PM

My iBook had to go in for service, so I'm suffering net withdrawal. Oh, well, better now than later.

I'm stealing hubby's work machine at the moment, since he generally doesn't work after 5-6pm.

Without the laptop to distract me, I've been cleaning, laundering, and moving furniture like mad. Nest, nest, nest. As a result, today has brought on horrendous sciatica. Ooof! I spent most of the evening in the pool at the gym, first for the prenatal water exercise class, and then just enjoying the heat of the therapy pool. I'm sitting cross legged on the office chair now, heating pad on my hip, and I've decided that I'm not going to move and put pressure on those joints.

I'm still pretty happy being pregnant. The crib came today. At some point, I'll have to face my hip and go finish assembling it. The baby clothes are all washed and dried now, too. I need to fold and put them away. Woohoo!

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#87 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 10:46 PM

This is cracking me up! We spent a couple of days with a friend when I was around 30ish weeks. He was like, "you're not going to go into labor like, right now, are you?" I said, "ummmm, noooo.... I better not go into labor for, like, another 2 months, at least!"

Fortunately, I'm not having to see anyone who is making stupid comments. I did have a neat conversation with the shoe store lady when I took the girls to get shoes for their Easter dresses. She thought I was "very brave" to have a home birth without medication. I was happy that at least she didn't think I was a total whacko.

I know I'm not "due" for another 10 days, but I'm just ready to have this little one in my arms. I've never gone early, so there is probably not much chance of that happening. I did take the kids to the library yesterday, and got 3 books for myself. I've been reading and doing not much else.
#88 of 153 Old 04-19-2007, 11:54 PM

I completely forgot to mention the tree that fell on our house.

I slept through it.

Yes. That's right.

I slept right through the crash and the shaking and my husband getting up and the dog barking. I vaguely remember my husband saying, "That was a loud one." I vaguely remember thinking it he was talking about poodle farts.

http://www.explodingcat.com/jocelyn/house/

So, it's entirely possible to still sleep soundly in one's 39-40th week of pregnancy. Beware of suicidal oak trees on windy nights after days and days of heavy rain.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#89 of 153 Old 04-20-2007, 09:46 AM

Holy crow! That's crazy.

#90 of 153 Old 04-20-2007, 11:15 AM

So I have been a little tired of the, "are you dialated yet?" and "how much does your baby wiegh?" questions (neither of those has been checked and I don't see any need).

But then yesterday people started asking me when I will be induced!!!! I was JUST 39wks yesterday!! They think I am crazy that my care providers do not plan to discuss induction until 41wks - and the thing is that I plan to keep going to 42wks or close to it (if the baby does not come naturally beforehand). I just think its strange that people would be so hung up on that - especially with how carefully a woman and baby are watched if past the EDD...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page