It's mid April who is still pregnant? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 11:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
A lady walked up to me, lifted my shirt and proceeded to comment on my stretch marks and how she didn't have any with her pregnancies.... When I told DH he wanted to know why I didn't smack her - but I was so shocked...really, what is so facinating about a prego belly?

Ok, this would have been over the top for me. I just don't like people touching me, let alone lifting my shirt! The gall!
#122 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 11:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrittanySmiles View Post
DH and I went out to eat tonight (I had eggplant) and the hostess, an older woman, nearly freaked out when I replied: "A week ago" to her inquiry of my "due date".

"What does your doctor say?" gasping, jaw dropping.
"I don't have one," I tell her. "I have midwives and we're very laid back about it."
I hear you! My sister was all, "What happens if you past 42 weeks?!?!" I asked my midwife and she said, "Just tell everyone I changed your due date."

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#123 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
I hear you! My sister was all, "What happens if you past 42 weeks?!?!" I asked my midwife and she said, "Just tell everyone I changed your due date."
Yep, exactly. According to the 20w u/s our 'due date' is April 25th, so I could even go two weeks beyond that. Really hoping I don't...but I could still HB two weeks past that
#124 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 12:09 PM

Well I am still here, I am not "due" until Wednesday though. I am fine but sick of the comments. My sister threw a BBQ and got very angry because I refused to go, it was Saturday. First of all, my sis is very against me having a hb and likes to bring it up in front of strangers to try to make me look like a moron. Secondly her dh works with my dh and so everyone in the shop knows I am due this week and keep asking me about it anyway. Another guy in the shops gf was due the same day as me and she had her baby almost a month ago so nobody seems to understand why I am not ready yet. Then yesterday at church this nurse kept chasing me around telling me how she is just going to have to deliver my baby at church herself if I don't get crackin so. Ohhhhh please...... she is the last person I would want there.
#125 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzie'sma View Post
Well I am still here, I am not "due" until Wednesday though. I am fine but sick of the comments. My sister threw a BBQ and got very angry because I refused to go, it was Saturday. First of all, my sis is very against me having a hb and likes to bring it up in front of strangers to try to make me look like a moron. Secondly her dh works with my dh and so everyone in the shop knows I am due this week and keep asking me about it anyway. Another guy in the shops gf was due the same day as me and she had her baby almost a month ago so nobody seems to understand why I am not ready yet. Then yesterday at church this nurse kept chasing me around telling me how she is just going to have to deliver my baby at church herself if I don't get crackin so. Ohhhhh please...... she is the last person I would want there.
I am very selective about the company I surround myself with lately. DON'T FEEL BAD. I'm not assuming you do, but it's easy to get suckered into that feeling of guilt for simply protecting the bubble of peace we pregnant women build around ourselves these last few weeks.

I put my foot down and enacted the "No visitor policy" yesterday. Mostly on account of my MIL. My family lives states away and my friends know better than to disturb my nest right now. I can't believe how quiet and inward I have become.

I mean, we skipped Easter a few weeks ago. I stopped working before that. I avoid eye contact in public. My cell phone is either off or on silent nearly all the time.

I'm sorry your sis does that.
#126 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 03:42 PM

well, I'm due 1 week from today on the 30th and it really peeves me about the may mammas having their babies already!

My toe nails are so freaking long that people are commenting about them, I keep jabbing myself and my kids with them. I even hit my other foot so dang hard with my big toe's nail that it bled a bit and bruised real bad. I don't bruise easily at all. Plus my toe nails are so damn thick!

I can still shave my legs, just not reach my toes. I'm sick of people giving those looks like 'oh, look how pg she is, and going out alone with her 2 lil' ones'. I know what they're thinking.

I'm tired of all this gooky stuff coming out of me. We DTD yesterday, 1st time in prolly a month. I don't know. But afterwards, I glanced at his, um, you know, just to make sure there wasn't anything on it!

A couple times now when I'm done going to the bathroom, I stand up and a big glob of mucous will fall down and splat on the seat. Well, last night I showed DH it, while laughing my butt off. He didn't think it was too funny

sorry, just went off on a rampage
#127 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 04:16 PM

I'm attempting to walk this baby out - I keep tooling around the neighborhood with my bottle of water, waddling along with what my husband claims is "a very determined face."
I stopped in this afternoon at a coffeeshop for some juice, and the baby rolled over as I was paying. The two hipster college boys started staring at my moving stomach and looking VERY uncomfortable. I told them that I was due last week and trying to go into labor.
"Uh...don't do it HERE, okay?" says one of the boys.
#128 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 04:44 PM

Considering our babies are going to be bull-headed tauruses, maybe they're making a point. Doing it their way from even before day one.

*sigh*

I'm a taurus. I decided I wanted two extra weeks in utero. But when I was ready, I came in two hours. So I guess I can relate to this one...?

I think I'm going to deflate the birthing tub, that'll do something, right?
#129 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 05:16 PM

So...ladies, I think we are all in on this together!

We are SICK and TIRED of being pregnant.
We are more than willing to do what is BEST for our babies (even if it means starting the 10th month of our pregnancy).
We all have HAIRY legs.
We are SEX deprived, but couldn't care less.
Our stomachs are stretched tighter than a timpany drum and have more marks than a road map.
Our toes resemble marshmellows and we haven't worn rings in at least a month!
The pain or discomfort of birth is looking BETTER and better every moment.
We LOATH other people that aren't pregnant.
We have WET undies, and run to the bathroom hoping to see more than slime.
But...more than anything we just want to see our SWEET new BABIES!!!

I say that the last one to have their baby gets a BIG HUGE PRIZE! Or at least a pat on the back for making it the longest!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#130 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 05:49 PM

That certainly sums it up!

..but hey- I'll give up the prize...I mean really you can have it... :P
#131 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 05:59 PM

LOL... I really don't want the prize either. Not even if it's all the BFL yarn I could ever want hand dyed in whatever colorway I want by my favorite WAHM. Not even if it's someone to come over and finish sewing my size small CD stash.

Today's my EDD.

Maybe I have to make it to 500 posts before the baby decides it's time... hmmm...
#132 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 07:04 PM

Yeah, I am pretty sure NO one wants the prize! LOL!

Marci

knit.gif

#133 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 07:06 PM

I just had the most painful sneeze of my life. It felt like all my innards were going to fly out of my cervix. I cried for five minutes.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#134 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 07:45 PM

Quote:
I just had the most painful sneeze of my life. It felt like all my innards were going to fly out of my cervix. I cried for five minutes.
Keep sneezing! Maybe your water will break!
#135 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 07:47 PM

My midwife's husband actually has some sort of date planned for her tonight, so I'm hoping Babymort will be stubborn at least til tomorrow.

#136 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 08:05 PM

My doula lives about two hours away and is coming up tonight (arriving shortly!) because she "has a feeling."
Oh, I hope she's right. *crosses fingers and toes*
#137 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 08:07 PM

I'll cross anything I have left that's crossable for you as well!

#138 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 08:07 PM

what about a prize for whomever goes the longest past her "due date"?
#139 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
I don't think I have anything "crossable" - too "puffy" as my MW said today...I really think my legs, feet and hands look like balloons!!!

...but for Bkwyrm's sake I will imagine I'm crossing everything!
#140 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 10:23 PM

Quote:
What, you can actually cross something still?!! I've given up on trying to do that.

And, I'm so with you Marcimama! I think I'm just ready to be DONE! I'm due a week from today, on the 30th. I had wonderful compliment from a dear friend today, which will carry me for a few days more, though.

She said, "How are you holding up?"
Me: well, I'm fine, except I'm tired, and I feel like a whale!
She said: You look great! Really good!

She had her 4th almost exactly a year ago, so it was really nice to talk to her for a few minutes. Made my day, actually.
#141 of 153 Old 04-23-2007, 10:57 PM

There... I've made it to 500 posts... the baby will decide that the time is right to come out now, right? RIGHT?!?!

LOL... ahh... I guess I could be convinced to wait another couple days patiently in return for some BFL yarn as a prize... or maybe some malabrigo. But longer than that... no prize.
#142 of 153 Old 04-24-2007, 09:33 AM

Well today is my day. I have decided that I will be going into labor and having my baby today. My edd is Friday. Why today? Because one day I went to the store and all the yogurt and milk I bought had an expiration date of 4/24 so I figured it must be a sign. DH is skeptical.
#143 of 153 Old 04-24-2007, 10:48 AM

42 weeks today! I woke up to a very negative email from my MIL. I copped out and forwarded it to DH and asked him to please not yell at her, because the last thing I need right now is the stress of a family fight.

#144 of 153 Old 04-24-2007, 01:10 PM

I have been up since 3 am with contrax that are 8 min apart!!! I am praying this is IT!!!!!:

Marci

knit.gif

#145 of 153 Old 04-24-2007, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
I have been up since 3 am with contrax that are 8 min apart!!! I am praying this is IT!!!!!:
Yay!

but this means no prize for you...
#146 of 153 Old 04-24-2007, 05:52 PM

Good luck Marci! I hope this is it for you too!

Annette, I would have probably called my MIL and disowned her from the family.

I am 40wk 3days, and just hanging out. I had an AMAZING chiropractic adjustment today. I fel soooooo goooooood. Then I went to lunch with my midwife/friend/preceptor, and her son came along. Had a good time, and now I am home getting ready to pick up the kids from school. My midwife is coming to my house tonight at 6pm for a pre-natal.

I am having a better day than yesterday. I was very bored and lonely.
#147 of 153 Old 04-24-2007, 08:23 PM

My doula keeps sending me out to walk and making me drink an herbal concoction she refers to as "Ick." She's named it that because that's what women say after they drink it.
My feet hurt, my back hurts, I have low contractions on and off, but no other signs of labor. I go in to be induced at 2:30am on the 26th if I don't get things moving on my own. Hurry up, kid!
#148 of 153 Old 04-24-2007, 08:33 PM

I've labored all day. Same thing, good hard contrax each 8 min apart. But, they are getting hard to handle now. I am not sure what to make of this. But, I think we will go to the hospital soon. Excited and ready to take this on!!!

Marci

knit.gif

#149 of 153 Old 04-24-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
I've labored all day. Same thing, good hard contrax each 8 min apart. But, they are getting hard to handle now. I am not sure what to make of this. But, I think we will go to the hospital soon. Excited and ready to take this on!!!

Yea!! Hopefully by morning you'll be holding your baby. Although, you will definitely not win the prize at this point, lol!
#150 of 153 Old 04-25-2007, 12:28 PM

Oh, Marci, that's great!

I'm feeling a bit blah. Went to the midwife's yesterday, and she checked me. I was only 3 cm dilated, and that was after she was digging around and tried (unsuccessfully) to strip my membranes. I tried castor oil this morning, and have nothing to show for it but a sore bottom. And I'm probably 5 pounds lighter from all the pooping, LOL! Plus I keep having flashbacks of how dreadful it tasted. I'm never doing that again.

Anyway, she said it's probably going to be a few more days. Baby is great, I'm great, but sore, so I'm trying hard to be patient.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page