It's mid April who is still pregnant? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My edd isn't until the end of April so I expect I'll be pregnant at least another week or so. I am trying not to rush things as I know I'll miss pregnancy once it is over (eventhough I really am getting quite uncomfortable). I love reading all the birth stories and seeing the pics of all the sweet newborns. I look forward to holding my baby soon - but I also am trying to embellish these last moments of it just being the three of us and having the ability to devote most of my attention to my ds. He will be 2 on the 29th (I really hope this one doesn't come on his birthday ) and I hope he will handle the change well. Is anyone else in my position?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Banned

Me, me!! I'm not due til this upcoming weekend and DH and I both feel it'll be NEXT week in fact.

I have to just come here now, as I can't STAND to be around all the folks on the mainstream birth board who are already giving up on BFing, while I'm still happily being pregnant, And the induction talk, yeesh. Like it's SUCH a burdern to still be pregnant, when most aren't even due yet. Okay, had to get that off my chest!

I am getting VERY excited but I just finished with the last of the work I took home yesterday, and I still have a list of things to do around the house and some errands etc., so I'm not quite to the point of really wanting it to happen NOW. Give me a few days to get things squared away, then to walk on the beach and read and nap and be lazy... THEN I'll be itching to go!
#3 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 11:48 AM

I'm 39 weeks. I'm not reading a lot of birth stories right now, save for ones I know are natural. I'm just in my own little mindset and preparing my mind, body, and soul.

I'm also still perfectly happy being pregnant. I get retested for GBS today--let's hope the garlic and yogurt and probiotics have worked! I may just decide to refuse to go into labor until I'm negative.

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#4 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 12:12 PM
Banned

Good luck with the GBS test! I did a course of probiotics and garlic and all that (not knowing my status) and it just came back neg! I'm sending you good juju...
#5 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 12:40 PM

Still pregnant too.

I am not "due" until this coming weekend. I am not really anxious for it to be over yet, although if baby came now,it would be great! I am just keeping busy with things around here. I think I will try and get a pedicure either tonight or on Wednesday.
#6 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM

Still pregnant and overdue!
#7 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 01:03 PM

I'm here!

I think I will be here for at least another week or 2...Our EDD is 4/26. Have not had any real signs that he should be arriving soon...I do think he has dropped because I can hardly walk between pelvic pain, having to pee, and poor balance whenever I first stand up...oh yeah, and I can eat again - so I'm guess I will be lectured about wieght gain at my prenatal today, even though they have been proud of my lesser gains the past few weeks.

I have to admit I am ready for him to arrive - but in some ways I am more comfortable now than I was a week or two ago...even my itching has relaxed to a managable amount (I'm drinking TONS of YUMMY dandilion root tea mixed with raspberry leaf tea to help with itching and strengthening my "pushing muscles").

...I have to get our carseats check today too - I just keep thinking of more things I want to do before he is born... I have finally started freeding the freezer now that my house is all in order, so I guess that is about all that is left...I just washed the birthing ball and stool...

yeah, I am ready for him to arrive - but if he waits a bit I will seam really organized and prepared everytime I think I am done preparing I think of more things to do!

...has anyone else been hanging out on the May DDC?? I have started lurking and sometimes posting over there as well - sense I am guessing I will actually have a May baby. Oooh-- yesterday at our hospital tour the nurse was asking when we were due: "May, June, July?" She gave me a really funny look when I didn't answer!!! :P
#8 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have 9 days until my edd. I am really hoping I don't go over due, but will just let nature take its course. I am exhausted from my nightly bouts of contractions. I did this last time, so I know it will end eventually. Honestly, I just can't wait to see my sweet new baby!!!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

#9 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 01:07 PM

I'm still pregnant, too.

I'm not due until next week, and I fully expect to go at least that long - which I'm happy about. We've had so much happen during this pregnancy, now that things are mostly calm again, I need this time to just focus on getting ready (mostly mentally and emotionally) for this pregnancy to be over. We are planning on this being our last baby, so I am enjoying these last few days of being pregnant.
#10 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildthing View Post
Still pregnant too.

I am not "due" until this coming weekend. I am not really anxious for it to be over yet, although if baby came now,it would be great! I am just keeping busy with things around here. I think I will try and get a pedicure either tonight or on Wednesday.
This is how I feel and I REALLY REALLY want a pedicure!!!
#11 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 01:28 PM

Still here. EDD is next Monday. Didn't want to birth this past weekend b/c our family practice doc is out of town and the backup peds at the hospital would give me crap about our choices.

Now... DD is on day 4 of a cold and I'd like to have her healthy before we bring a babe home...

So... no hurry.

I went to 41w1d with DD... stripped membranes on thursday, sporadic contractions friday night, labored Sat 7 AM through to her birth at 3 AM sunday. Wouldn't mind having another Sunday baby... but this little one knows best.
#12 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 01:45 PM

EDD: Yesterday. I'm still here.

I'm not too horribly uncomfortable...so I'm not in any rush, and I keep telling baby to come whenever YOU'RE ready.

A pedicure sure does sound nice...maybe a massage...I see the chiro tomorrow...

How's this for being pregnant: I had bonbons for breakfast (horrible I know, but they sounded so good! And they were!!)
#13 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 01:47 PM

I'm still here too, not due until 4/27. I feel okay - but really uncomfortable at night...I went to 41 weeks with both my previous children - so I expect I'll be here for a bit!

I just got the GBS results back though - negative! so all is good to go, whenever baby feels ready!
#14 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 02:02 PM

Me! Today is a good day. I feel okay about being 41+ weeks.

We saw our midwife today and baby is happy and healthy. She did do an ultrasound (ew) for amniotic fluids, they are fine. I am fine, a few complaints about lack of sleep but that is bound to happen!

I see her again on Friday. If no baby she is going to talk to me about induction (aghhhhhh...). Today I am researching a few acupuncturist in my area to see if maybe I can get in this week.

Hang tight ladies!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#15 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

Ohhh pedicure, YES. That's on my "when I'm done with the essential stuff, here's what I'll do to relax and pass the time" list
#16 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 02:08 PM

Me. Due in 9 days and completely annoyed that I am still pg. LOL Last time I went to 42 weeks and I was so calm and zen about the whole thing, but I dont feel that way this time.
#17 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 02:58 PM
RAF

I am due on Sunday. With my last baby, I went right on my due date. I think I may go a little earlier this time. I have been having a little bit of crampy contractions on and off, but nothing definite.
#18 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 04:01 PM

still here too! due the 27th so i have a bit, my last was born at 41 weeks so i am hoping not to have more then 3 weeks left...i had one on due date and one 3 days late... i think i deserve an earlyish baby don't you?! lol
i am ready and waiting.. at the same time i want to enjoy what time i have left i will never feel these feelings and movements again and it makes me sad and i am trying to just enjoy this and my older children for a bit longer, but i am so excited to meet this baby!

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#19 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAF View Post
I am due on Sunday. I have been having a little bit of crampy contractions on and off, but nothing definite.
Me too...due on Sunday, having mild cramping, but nothing definite.

Got acupuncture this morning to get induced...let's see if it works!
#20 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 04:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My EDD was yesterday, 4/15.
I woke up last night thining it was it, but now, the contractions are so irregular, I'm just not sure. But maybe I won't be pregnant for long. Send me baby having vibes! I'm hoping for a New Moon babe...
(But I meant to get a pedicure...can I still get one in early labor?)

Mama to Little Beedust.gif born April 2007 -

Expecting a new little one in Mid-October, after 3 1/2 years TTC

#21 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 05:17 PM

EDD Friday and I'm trying to keep in mind the birth will probably be next week and not this one (first was a week late). So, this is "survival week" where anything goes to maintain sanity and distraction from thinking about when it will happen. I was having prodromal labor for a couple weekends in a row, but now there is nothing, just feeling big, uncomfortable, and moody.

I just had a hot fudge sundae, and damn, was it good. I'm thinking of not making any dinner, too. Watch out - mama is misbehaving!
#22 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 05:32 PM

ME!!!
My EDD is tommorw, but as I've said before. I'm being induced on Thursday... And not a moment too soon!!! I can barely move from this pain!!!
#23 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
This is how I feel and I REALLY REALLY want a pedicure!!!
I had one on Saturday... It was Fabulous!!! And even better my toes will be cute while I'm in labor...LOL
#24 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiMommi View Post
I had one on Saturday... It was Fabulous!!! And even better my toes will be cute while I'm in labor...LOL
I heard on of the midwives say that one of the grossest things about being a midwife were people's feet! Good job!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#25 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityChic View Post
I heard on of the midwives say that one of the grossest things about being a midwife were people's feet! Good job!
I would think that the mom having a BM on the bed would be the grossest thing...maybe that's just me, though.
#26 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucifer View Post
I would think that the mom having a BM on the bed would be the grossest thing...maybe that's just me, though.
...at my first prenatal my MW said that women feel most uncomfortable about the posibility of doing that - but that you may not be able to push if you don't allow it....so watch out MW!!!! I'm doing whatever I have to to get my baby out!!!!

...a pedicure does sound great.....
#27 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 09:40 PM

I'm still here, but I have 14 days til EDD. We still have to install the carseat and get it checked.. we were going to trade in my car (I have a 2 door and DH has a pickup) but it has proven to be really problematic, so we're just going to put the seat in my 2 door for now. Bleh.

But I feel like once that's done, we'll be ready to go! I am not dilated or effaced or anything yet, but I do still have 2 weeks left. I'm feeling great physically so not in any hurry, except that I want to snuggle my little babe so badly, and see what he looks like...

Good luck to all of us Mamas!
#28 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 10:24 PM

Still here. I'm due at the end of the month, and I've never gone early, so I expect I've still got at least a week. I'm completely ready (emotionally speaking) to have this baby out. I'm just really tired of being pregnant; I want to tie my shoes, bend over, not have a backache, lose some weight, etc. Just really tired of feeling like a beached whale!

I finally got all the baby things down, washed, sorted, etc. I got the infant carseat up from the basement. I've got some little bitty diapers ready. My birth supplies are all in order. I've got a few things in the freezer. The only thing left to do, really, is install the carseat. I'm waiting for another mat to put under the seat before I do that, though. That will hopefully be here in the next day or so.

Dh and I are having an adult date (meaning, no kids allowed!) tomorrow night, which will be nice, since we haven't been able to do that in awhile. I'm really looking forward to that. Other than that, I don't have anything planned to pass the time.
#29 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 10:44 PM

Our carseat installation did not go too well, so my little guy can wait a few more days...we did get one in - but had to basically throw the other one out along with everything the babies r us guy told us to buy to make it fit right : but hopefully on Friday if our little one has not shown up yet I can go back and get some store credit at least - SOOO FRUSTRATED!!!! We do have one safe and operational one though...we just wanted one for each car...I guess we will just get a second base for the one we have - and hope it fits in our other car...

So complicated - I thought I knew alot about carseats etc - but I don't know anything!!! : at least we went to have them checked!!!

Does anyone else think it is CRAZY that the infant seats are made to flip towards the seat back to "absorb impact"??? It looks so scary to me!!!
#30 of 153 Old 04-16-2007, 11:41 PM

Still here! EDD: tommorow by u/s or sat. by dates. Im not in any rush. Im ready, but Im trying not to stress. I did that last time, it didnt help.

~Me, mama to soapbox boy (1991), photo girl (1997), gadget girl (2003), jungle boy (2005), fan boy (2003) and twirly girl (2011). Twenty years of tree hugging, breastfeeding, cosleeping, unschooling, craziness

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page