I'm probably certifiable.......... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 04-16-2007, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Crazy, that is....:

Calla is only two weeks old (today!) and I miss being pregnant already! I'm already thinking of my next pregnancy and wondering maybe there should be one. Not for a while, of course, but..............maybe one more?

I think it's the anticipation and excitement. I love it. I love reading about all of you that are still pregnant and preparing for your own labors. I love thinking about all of your babies still snugly lodged in your tummies, even while I'm loving the fact that my baby is out of my tummy and I get to snuggle her too.

It took me a good year to convince DH to go for baby number 3, so we'll see what happens....

I need to go cuddle my baby.:
#2 of 11 Old 04-16-2007, 07:08 PM

You're not alone! I could totally deal with having that magical feeling again...then again I have only slept a couple of hours in the past 4 days
#3 of 11 Old 04-16-2007, 07:21 PM

I miss it too and I agree it's the excitement and anticipation that is so fun!

ribboncesarean.gif cesareans happen.
#4 of 11 Old 04-16-2007, 09:23 PM

Not crazy at all!! I always miss being pg afterwards, and this being my last I know I will even more... the anticipation of late pg is sooooo intense - like a drug almost!! LOL I cantt hink of any other time in life of such excitement and anticipation.
#5 of 11 Old 04-17-2007, 01:03 AM

I'm SOOOOO ready for this pregnancy to be over, and the thought of never doing this again is very satisfying: Y'all are nuts I'm tellin' ya...NUTS!!!!
#6 of 11 Old 04-17-2007, 01:07 AM

I could have written your post!! I had gestational diabetes and had to give myself shots. I was huge and uncomfortable and grumpy. And yet, when I catch a glimpse of my diabetes supplies (syringes, ketone strips, etc.), I find myself tearing up!! I really don't get it -- I was soooo ready to be done being pregnant and yet now I sort of grieve that it's over.

I think it's partly the anticipation and excitement and partly knowing that Grahame is, in all liklihood, our last child. It's hard to close this chapter of my life...
#7 of 11 Old 04-17-2007, 10:42 AM

I had a tubal so I know EXACTLY how you feel. I feel awful about it already. My sweet boy is 2 weeks old today and I am trying to savor every single second.
#8 of 11 Old 04-17-2007, 12:30 PM

Am I am the only one who really doesn't miss being pregnant when it is over : Maybe it is just because I had hyperemsis this time that I am so ready for it to be over already.
#9 of 11 Old 04-17-2007, 03:39 PM - Thread Starter

A good friend of mine had her baby at the end of November and I remember thinking she was crazy as I was going through the typical aches and pains and nausea and exhaustion that accompany pregnancy.

I'm going to have to call her and tell her I'm singing a different tune now that it's over and I actually miss it.

I'm jealous of her, though, since they're planning on having another child and I don't know if I'll get/want one.

I'm just going to love every minute with all three of my kids now and especially the wee baby stage with Calla. We'll see what happens in a year or two.....
#10 of 11 Old 04-17-2007, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Katy, I'm with you. I had hyperemesis also. And I certainly don't miss it or plan on doing it again.
But, I do miss the last couple of months. My hyperemesis pretty much was gone by then for the most part.
#11 of 11 Old 04-18-2007, 12:41 PM

I miss it too! I put Logan skin to skin against me and feel him wriggle against my belly and remember his movements inside. Plus, I lost over 20 lbs in a week and went from being happy, round and pregnant back to my skinny self (plus 5 lbs.) I miss it all... and am already thinking about being pregnant again. I'm not sure DH is though.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page