Mamas still waiting - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-22-2007, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What are you doing to keep yourself amused today?

We are~
Finally setting up the Aquadoula
Rearranging the family room furniture. We bought a new area rug yesterday, so we are putting that in
Going to get a tripod for the video camera
A little general housecleaning
I think I actually WILL rearrange all my yarn~I just got some new skeins in the mail yesterday

So, what are YOU doing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2007, 02:45 PM

I just finished cutting out material to make some recieving blankets and burp cloths. And I also have meterial to make my husband a stretchy wrap. So, plans for today are to do the actual sewing!

I also am still getting diapers washed. And getting the room totally put together. It's still a bit of a jumble.

I don't have any other real big plans. I would like to go out to a nice dinner once more before Baby arrives. Today is my BIL's b-day, so we might go out with him. But, I would like a night with just DH, too.

Oh, and you reminded me. We wanted to get a new digital camera. So, maybe we can do that today or tomorrow.
And I would like to do some more light cleaning and straightening. Especially of the areas that I think I might want to labor in. Less clutter would be good!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:51 PM

Mostly moping and whining. I cleaned my bathroom, DH worked on the yard. The kids are running around playing. Not much.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:53 PM

I have two guys with drills in my living room, setting up a surround-sound setup that comes with our new TV.
Because nothing says "welcome, baby!" like home electronics!

My doula is coming to visit today, so we'll go out to lunch and she'll make me walk and walk and walk and WALK. I have a feeling that it's not going to help, though. My little Fish is showing no interest in being born. She's happy to be floating in her water without the bother of breathing or eating. Can't blame her, but I'm getting tired of carting her around in my body!
Old 04-22-2007, 03:17 PM

I'm going to plant some flowers in the flower boxes on my porch today. Spend time with dh and ds. I pretty much have everything else done. I'm suppose to go to school tomorrow but I don't know if I really want to or not.:
Old 04-22-2007, 03:18 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We are going on a nice little hike later (hoping to start things up)
I cleaned a bit
Doing laundry (now isn't that thrilling)
Maybe scrapbook too!

Marci

knit.gif

Married to my best friend, homeschooling, gardening,

running a camp for at-risk kiddos and walking a narrow path.

Mom to an amazingly fun crew of 5!

hearts.gifafro.jpg  wave.gif   thumbsuck.gif     boc.gif 

Old 04-22-2007, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Because nothing says "welcome, baby!" like home electronics
Old 04-22-2007, 03:41 PM

Did all 2 or 3 sinkloads of handwashing that had built up. Washing toddler diapers. Cleaning up the counters and putting clutter away. Sewing velcro on the MP3 holder that I finished crocheting last night. Crocheting the Carnation skirty from Ladybugz farm for 2.5yo DD. Watching DD change her babydoll's *stinky* diapers, LOL. Staring at the toy clutter in the living room. Wishing that DH was done watching his Four Horsemen (pro wrestling) DVD and would actually do something around the house. Thinking about how many more small diapers I need to finish sewing ASAP. Procrastinating on finishing those small diapers. Wishing for contractions to start.

Practicing Patience.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcimama View Post
We are going on a nice little hike later (hoping to start things up)
I cleaned a bit
Doing laundry (now isn't that thrilling)
Maybe scrapbook too!
We are going on a nice long walk too

Other than that-- had fun trying on some maternity clothes a friend brought me - YAY - different clothes!!!! And they FIT!!! :P I'm overly excited

DH is vacuuming/shampooing the nursery...I'm doing laundry and about to make lunch, maybe I will try making a big dinner and freezing some.

I have a lot of school work to work on...sense I have no garuntee the LO will come before finals though thast would be so convenient!!!

We'll see!!!!

..........Can I say have a baby!?!?!? I wish!!!! "the baby will come when he is ready," so said a woman at church this morning (in my defense against someone else who was asking if I was dialated and commenting on how I have so many stretch marks and she never got any) ...so litle guy: "Get ready!!!"
Old 04-23-2007, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

So, we got the tripod, then we went to Target and got new bedsheets for my youngest boys, who were just moved into their own room. Then, I remembered my preceptor had pre-natals set for today. Of course, if I had the baby by now, I wouldn't have gone....but I went, and just knitted the whole time. It was a good distraction.

I didn't get my yarn organized. Maybe a good thing.....gives me something to do tomorrow.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:59 AM

Donna, I really thought today would be your day, it being Earth Day & all. Hmm...little wildthing, when you coming?!?!?!?!?

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
Old 04-23-2007, 02:59 AM - Thread Starter

I am wondering too Cristina! Soon, though....it is probably soon.

How are you doing? Things going okay at home?
Old 04-23-2007, 11:57 AM

well, since you originally posted this Q yesterday, yesterday being annoyed that I was crampy w/bloody discharge AGAIN w/ no real hard cx I:

cleaned and rearranged the whole top floor which includes our bedroom (got all the lil' toys from underneath the bed and furniture), cleaned the kids' bdrm and playroom, cleaned the kitchen, livingroom, vacuumed, bathroom, cleaned out my car and used the shopvac on it, did loads of laundry including all my son's CD's, hanged CD's outside to dry, picked up dog poo, DTD with DH, um, then gave the kids a bath. Oh, the kids were out with Grandma all day. That's how I got everything done.

I was exhausted and hurting by night's end, and still nothing.

Today, I have to do the dishes and I finish some laundry. I think that's it. Maybe take the kids out for a nice long walk or something.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I didn't do much of anything yet, and it is 3pm. I sat on my butt pretty much all day and knit a pair of newborn pants that I started Saturday. Almost done. I washed a few loads of laundry, still need to fold it. I took the boys and dog out for a while this morning.

What I still want to do:
Clean my bedroom-vacuum again, make the bed, clean out the closet
Vacuum living room and family room
Eat dinner (hoping my 19yo dd will make it for me. Maybe if I ask real nice. )
Take a shower
Organize yarn (I have been sort of thinking about saving this as a labor project, but the disarray is starting to bug me-the more I think about it being organized, the more I NEED to have it organized!)
Old 04-24-2007, 12:34 AM

I decided starting today that until the babe comes, I'm just going to go outside and play silly with the kids. We were out for hours upon hours today. My 19 month old crashed awhile ago, my 3 1/2 just did, and I'm ready too. The weather's gotten so nice that I feel guilty for keeping them inside just for me to get cleaning done. heck, DH can do that stuff!!

I still have to pack my bag for the hospital, and pay some bills along with phone calls. I think that's all I really *have* to do.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:17 AM

Im still trying to make diapers, I have a half dozen made: baby seems to be taking its time, maybe I will get the rest done. Been going on long walks, playing with the kids at the park. Just enjoying the last couple moments before baby gets here.

Midwife & Mom to Gracen 9 luxlove.gif, Avery 6joy.gif Urijah 4superhero.gif Greta Sue, 9-9-10babyf.gifuc.jpg  Oh Baby! 1sttri.gif Due in April

Old 04-24-2007, 01:26 AM

Hi Donna,

I was just wondering how you are and so I came to your ddc to see. Sending you hugs and kisses.
Old 04-24-2007, 03:42 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Monika!

As you can see, I am still hanging in there. Keeping myself busy, and getting things in order.....again.

Thanks for checking on me. Hugs to you all too!

User Tag List