C-Section mamas help me out. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 04-25-2007, 04:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay so I called my doctors office yesturday and asked this question but I am still not satisfied with thier answer. I am having horriable swelling! My left foot especially. It is about 4 times the normal size and burns. It is so big I can't even wear socks. The nurse at my OB's office said it is from being so pumped full of fluids for the surgery but it is driving me nuts. Is there anything I can do about it? Elevating it isn't doing much good. I just don't remember having this with my other 2 sections.
#2 of 9 Old 04-25-2007, 04:16 PM

You say it burns, do you mean "painful"? And it is only the one foot or is it the leg too? It seems odd that it is only on one side and makes me worry that you might have a blood clot. I would call your doc again.

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#3 of 9 Old 04-25-2007, 04:26 PM

not really any help but the first thing i thought was blood clot also, i think i would want to be seen or talk directly to a doctor about it.

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#4 of 9 Old 04-25-2007, 04:39 PM

you need a second opinion!!!!
#5 of 9 Old 04-25-2007, 05:21 PM

Is it just your foot or is it partly your ankle or any part of your calf? I don't mean to be alarming, but you should get it looked at. One of the common complications from any surgery is a DVT (deep vein thrombosis = BLOOD CLOT). If the burning is painful this can be a sign of a DVT, as is the swelling. You should get your foot looked at as soon as possible. And, whatever you do, DO NOT rub or massage the area if you suspect it may be a DVT.

Please let us know what you find out.....
#6 of 9 Old 04-25-2007, 06:15 PM

Thats bad!!! Go to the ER!!!
#7 of 9 Old 04-26-2007, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

My foot is still huge so I called my family doctor and am waiting on a call back from her. This is really driving me nuts..I have so much stuff to do but can't be up long at all without my foot getting huge UGH
#8 of 9 Old 04-26-2007, 03:19 PM

Not in your group, but wanted to chime in - I've had 4 sections & that has never happened to me. I agree with the poster who said get a second opinion! Good luck!

~Marie : Mom to DS(11), DS(10), DD(8), DD(4), DD(2), & Happily Married to DH 12 yrs.!
#9 of 9 Old 04-26-2007, 03:33 PM

I appologize...I'm also not in your DDC, but had a c/s with my ds and had a very similar experience to yours. In my case it was my leg/foot all the way down the right side. At first the doctor's office blew me off as if I was a crazy person, but I was persistent and ended up going in for an u/s to check for a dvt.

I say be persistent and don't take no for an answer. For me...it ended up being just because ds seemed always to be putting the majority of his weight on my right side in utero and my body needed some time to reaclimate itself. BUT...with a possible DVT I would always err on the side of caution. mama! It's a lot to go through!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page