Baby Blues... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-25-2007, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have been an emotional wreck... Crying alot... Really dependent emotionally on my ex boyfriend lately, even though I don't like him very much... But worst of all... I'm becoming more and more afraid of my baby... I totally love him but I heard this horror story about a 1st time mom accidentally braking her newborns... dare I say it... NECK... By picking him up... You know how sometimes their tiny heads lean back... Well I am becoming afraid and I don't want anyone holding him besides me and his father... And thats just me being honest... I donno what to do...
#2 of 6 Old 04-25-2007, 06:30 PM

Try not to worry. As long as you are giving his head support, it will be fine. I think it would take a lot of force to cause serious harm.

Call your care provider and let them know how you feel. It sounds like you might be suffering from postpartum depression and there is treatment for it. Don't let it go... take care of yourself mama!

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#3 of 6 Old 04-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Banned

I totally know where you coming from Mama...I went through this with my dd and can see some signs of it with my new babe. I won't go into specifics, since you don't need more things to think about, but I strongly recommend that you discuss it with your care provider. I was lucky that my Dh recognized what was happening.

Is there anyone in your circle of family/friends who have gone through baby blues or PPD? I know my mom went through it and she was really helpful to me. Also, feeling isolated can make it a lot worse, try finding a mom and baby group in your area, or a mom and baby yoga class or baby massage...connecting with other moms can really help. The playgroup I found, and it took me a couple of tries to find a group of like-minded mamas (we have a thread here actually) really helped me get through that initial "I'm all alone" feeling.

Mama, you're not alone.
#4 of 6 Old 04-25-2007, 07:14 PM

i'm sorry you are feeling like that...your body is adjusting a lot and your anxiety and sadness might go away as your hormones adjust. i suffer from horrible anxiety and insomnia the first couple weeks and it is a scary thing.

i hope things get better for you

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#5 of 6 Old 04-26-2007, 12:20 AM

#6 of 6 Old 04-26-2007, 12:30 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks I feel alittle better, its unfortunate that I'm just realizing this now...since I spoke to my ob/gyn just earlier today... Hmmmm... Well. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if I can get some help if I have PPD... Because, I think I do... And I thought I was soooooo strong!!! But I guess the 1st step to solving a problem is admitting you have one... So I am soooo happy I decided to speak up!!!
Oh yea and as for mommy baby yoga where can I do that at?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page