April 25 ~ Now who is left? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 04-28-2007, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still here... bloody show and 15 minute apart contractions this morning, that went away. Then 10 minute apart contractions this afternoon, that have also gone away. Trying to be patient and let my body do what it needs to do.
#32 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 12:38 AM

Yeah...15min apart ones since about noon - never got painful or closer together (and no bloody show - not fair I keep looking!) - will probably be totally gone by the time I wake up! ...just enough to make me think "maybe he's coming soon" -- but I doubt it...I'll probably be the very last person still posting here in like 2wks
#33 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 01:07 AM

Still here!!! Tomorrow is ds's birthday. He will be 2. I can't believe it. I have had lots of cramping on and off but nothing notable. I am hoping to meet our little baby soon.

Wildthing- Like I said before I don't know how you post date Mama's are keeping sane. I hope you are giving birth very soon!!
#34 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
Wildthing- Like I said before I don't know how you post date Mama's are keeping sane. I hope you are giving birth very soon!!
Who said I was keeping sane??????
#35 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 10:22 AM

Annette,
You are my inspiration at this point - well, maybe you are even off having your baby right now, but if not, hang in there - baby knows best.

I am only 41.1 today, but it is getting hard emotionally. I've, for the most part, stopped leaving the house. My maternity clothes don't fit me and I can't justify getting more at this point, plus the freaky weather here has decided to get hot (85+ today) so all my winter long sleeves and blacks are not really cutting it. At least I can lounge around the house in a too-small tank and sweats.

Still dealing with prodromal labor, one episode on Friday afternoon was so strong that we called grandma to pick up our 2-year old, who stayed over at their house. My thinking was that even if it didn't happen that night (even though I was SURE that was it), at least DH and I would have some nice alone time for one evening - unfortunately we were both so stressed out after the labor stopped that we just ended up bickering and getting on each others' nerves. I am sick of him suggesting what I should do to get this baby to come. I'm at the point of needing to release all assumed control I have over when the birth may happen and just let things happen, like not taking walks to induce or doing or not doing certain things in the hope that she comes.

Thanks for letting me rant a little. I hope to see my midwife this week, but I doubt she'll have me get an NST or u/s before 42.0 - I just hold out hope to still have a homebirth. The more people who hear I am over my due date, the more pressure gets piled on to "just get induced, " unfortunately, mostly from my mom.

Hang in there everyone!
#36 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 01:32 PM

Oh Catherine! We are at the same place. 5+ hours of 10 minute apart contractions that ended up with me going to sleep and nothing else. Nothing again yesterday or today.
I am fortunate that my dh isn't concerned, I am usually late, but I just didn't expect to be this time. And now he has very little time off of work this week, so I will be alone most of the time when baby comes, along with my almost 3yo and 5yo. He can take more time later, but the first week is most important to me, as far as having help.
#37 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 03:24 PM

Alright...still here...still not too much (40w3d), but maybe things are starting up (I have no idea - this is my first baby!) I was able to sleep through the 15min apart ones last night, but woke up around 6am and have been having 5min apart ones that I can't sleep through since then...no bloody show or anything exciting though...which makes me think it will probably either go away or still be a while...

This thread is so great though it is so hard to wait! I am really trying not to get my hopes up today... especially people have been calling us all morning sense we did not go to church - I thought about it but really didn't want people to be touching me and asking me questions today...just taking it easy - that can't hurt even if I am not beginning labor, right!? I still need rest!!!!!
#38 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

40w 2d here... not horribly late of course but enough to irritate me. I am trying REALLY hard not to focus too much on it but it is hard to not think about. We did change the baby's name though..so maybe now he can feel free to come. I dont think I can deal with being as late as I was with DD, not physically but the whole vbac/homebirth/midwife aspect...
#39 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 04:41 PM

My EDD is tomorrow. I had an OB appt on Friday. Still a good 2cm. I had her strip my membranes,which she said based upon how things were already going for me that I'd most likely be in labor this weekend. I've had lots of bloody discharge, which I've BEEN having for the last 8 weeks, but nothing out of the ordinary.

On top of all this, me, both of my kids, and now my hubby all got a bad cold that kicked in yesterday. My worst fear of being sick while in labor's going to be true. Now I don't want the lil' bugger to come out with us being sick.
#40 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 04:42 PM

I saw my midwife yesterday. It was really nice to talk with her. I mean, this is my fourth, so it's not like we're covering lots of new ground or anything, just nice to talk to someone.

She doesn't think that I'll go to much longer, based on my history and what I'm experiencing. I think what's best about talking with her is that she doesn't ask that question "when are you going to have your baby?"!!! I've been feeling kinda off/out of sorts today. Tired, achy in my back, etc. I'm sure it's nothing, in fact, I'm thinking of sending Dh out to a movie with my brother. He's not that far away if things do pick up tonight. Guess we'll see.

Here's hoping that that Annette is having or has had her baby!
#41 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 04:43 PM

to you mamas... hang in there!

chicken3.gif mama knit.gif to 3 farmboys (9 reading.gif, 6 blahblah.gif & 3 notes2.gif ) and 1 farmgirl (baby.gif)
#42 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 06:16 PM

Well, I'm 42 weeks today. I guess that makes me ten months pregnant??

If I make it to May, which I really think I will, then I will have been pg for eleven out of the twelve calendar months.

Full moon on Wednesday morning!! It's the flower moon
#43 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 07:27 PM

Sigh. I am still here too. 41+1. I was SO SURE I would have the baby this weekend....I had this GREAT feeling, mw had a great feeling, my mom did....DH did. And........nada.

I hate this waiting. I'm starting to wonder if I'll ever go into labor...I'm scared I'll risk out of my mw's care and have to be induced in the hospital......Ugh. I keep trying to tell myself that this is my first pregnancy, so it's normal to go late..that no one is pregnant forever, and the baby is fine (I think she's TOO happy in there...moving around, hiccoughing, pretty much oblivious to the fact that I want her OUT!) and that it will happen when it will happen.
#44 of 55 Old 04-29-2007, 07:45 PM - Thread Starter

FYI for everyone waiting

Mittendorf-Williams Rule. In a study done by Mittendorf in 1990, it was discovered that on average, it takes 288 days from the first day of your last period to delivery in Caucasian women without prior deliveries. Using this method, you will want to take the first day of your last period and subtract three months. Then you add fifteen days if this is your first baby and you are Caucasian. If you are not Caucasian or this is not your first baby, you will want to add on ten days. Some studies have found the Mittendorf-Williams Rule to be more accurate than Naegele’s Rule in calculating due date.
#45 of 55 Old 04-30-2007, 11:31 AM

Anybody heard from Annette?

Who is still here? I'm due today, nothing is happening, though. A few ctx., backache last night (what's new, same thing has been going on for weeks, now). I decided to do some more schoolwork with the children, and have a few projects going on around the house. I'm doing laundry, does that *ever* stop?!!
#46 of 55 Old 04-30-2007, 12:16 PM

Me!

I think I'll be having a May baby...

Sounds like my body is doing the same as yours gardenmommy.

I say this before I have cds to wash every day, but laundry is actually a chore I don't mind...more nesting and resting on today's agenda...
#47 of 55 Old 04-30-2007, 12:46 PM

Thinking about you ladies, hope all is going well!

Rachael ~ Wife to : DH ~ Son 4-24-07 ~ 6-24-08 ~ Daughter 7-22-09
#48 of 55 Old 04-30-2007, 01:24 PM

HI - I'm still here too. 40 weeks, 3-5days (depending on who's estimate). I've gone to 41 weeks both times past - but was really stunned to wake up to another Monday morning still pregnant! I feel okay - just going stir crazy. I have absolutely no signs that labor is imminent....Hope we are all holding our babes very soon!
#49 of 55 Old 04-30-2007, 01:29 PM

Sorry to all my fellow ladies-in-waiting!

I was due Thursday if you go by LMP, yesterday if I go by ovulation. Last night I thought something might be starting. I was having rock hard BH ctx and knew they were frequent, but I hadn't paid attention to it too much. So I decided to see how many I was having in an hour. I had nine! I was a little surprised at that. I even changed my position and activity level and had a glass of water. This went on for about 2 - 3 hours, then I went to bed. The ctx were still around, and baby was squirmy. Then I fell asleep and didn't wake up until 4:30... so much for that!

A week ago I was 80% and 1cm, so I'm hoping that at least all these warmups have made me dilate and efface more. I have my next appointment Wednesday. I'd rather not have VEs, but I'm working on a vbac, so having that information helps me arm myself and see how much 'natural' induction I want to push. I know my practice is super supportive of vbac, but they get really nervous about the 42 week mark. I'm just hoping to not have to find out how nervous!

There's a full moon Wednesday morning, so I'm hoping that will help us all!
#50 of 55 Old 04-30-2007, 03:56 PM

I'm still here too. It's looking like a May baby for us as well. That's ok, I was kind of hoping for that!

I'm having a few B/H, but not very many. No other signs that it could even happen remotely soon.
I plan to take it pretty easy today. I over did it yesterday and had a terrible backache all night as a result. I'm just going to take a walk and do a little nesting, I think. And hopefully get a nice nap to make up for the bad night of sleep.
#51 of 55 Old 04-30-2007, 09:59 PM

Yep, it'll be another May baby for me. Nothing significant happening here, although I'm ready for it to just get going.

I've had lots of ctx., I just with it would really start. Soon, I know, it will be soon.
#52 of 55 Old 05-01-2007, 12:07 AM

we'll be in May, too. My mw stripped my membranes this afternoon and I've been feeling really crampy, when I pay attention I THINK these contractions (very low back ache the sort of moves to the front...i think these are contractions??? it's my first time ) are about 8ish minutes apart but they've been like this all evening pretty much. I also went to have an acupressure massage, then for a loooong walk,so I hope that helps to move things along...and I bought some castor oil for the morning---woohoo. I'm off to bed to get some rest, hopefully I'll be needing it! Sending labor vibes to the rest of you ladies
#53 of 55 Old 05-01-2007, 10:36 AM

I'm still here and waiting. Now even the fake labor has subsided. I guess I'm shooting for 42.0 on Friday.
#54 of 55 Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Praise God, I'm out of the club ladies (but I'm thinking of all of you!) Daniel James was finally born Sunday night.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#55 of 55 Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
Praise God, I'm out of the club ladies (but I'm thinking of all of you!) Daniel James was finally born Sunday night.
:

I'm with annettemarie. Caitlin Mae was born Saturday. Hang in there mamas.

Wife to DH Chris, Momma to :Caitlin Mae (4-28-07)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page