Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am. I am due on Friday.
#2 of 55 Old 04-25-2007, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Me! I'm 15 days past my due date.

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#3 of 55 Old 04-25-2007, 09:13 PM

Yep. Still pregnant.

"edd" April 15th, according to lmp. according to u/s due today yeah, right. at least that gives us more leeway for hb.

Yesterday and today have been bringing me different sensations though...so that's reassuring. Hopefully.

Maybe I should meander over to May ddc. sigh...

gosh, are we it???
#4 of 55 Old 04-25-2007, 09:14 PM

Still here!!! I'm "due" next week. The midwife did a ve yesterday and I'm 2cm dialated but I know that doesn't mean much. I'm just trying to relax and enjoy the nice weather.
#5 of 55 Old 04-25-2007, 09:52 PM

Still here... I was "due" on Monday per ovulation date (I don't tell them LMP - make them calculate it from the ovulation date I provide).

Going to have a little heart to heart with babe tonight to reassure babe that it's actually very nice out here and then do the "fear release" track from hypnobabies. That, plus my normal EPO...

Waiting patiently, still, but have stopped answering the phone myself. DH or the machine gets it.

Made a trip to Walgreens tonight to get more bandaids for DD, bubblegum for DH, and EPO and hibiclens for me (found out today that I'm GBS+ (tested on Monday) and declining ABx in a hospital-birth with a CNM (prior NICU nurse) who is none to happy about it, but PTTTHHHBBTTTT on her). Baby's doc would prefer I have the ABx, but recognizes my right to make this decision for MY family and won't give me crap about it.
#6 of 55 Old 04-25-2007, 10:16 PM

me. I'm really ready though.

AnnetteMarie, my second was 16 days late. It got really old telling people, no I haven't had the baby yet. I finally concocted an answer that closed their mouths. I started telling people "why yes, I did have the baby! I just decided to leave her home with the cat (she's SUCH a good babysitter, you have NO idea!), and I stuffed a huge pillow under my shirt to remind me of being pregnant!" Another reply was shorter: "Oh no! I knew I was forgetting something when I left the house!"

Here's hoping your baby will make his appearance by the weekend!
#7 of 55 Old 04-25-2007, 10:23 PM

me, i am due friday, no real signs but kinda feeling like maybe soon... don't know why just am... up to today i have felt like it could be prego forever and not care...lol

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
#8 of 55 Old 04-25-2007, 10:52 PM

Hi!

I haven't been on here before, but wanted to see if anyone else was lying in wait.

By lmp, my EDD is tomorrow, by my charting, it would be Saturday. I've never been this pregnant before, so it's all new to me! Curiosity got me on Monday and I consented to an exam, and I was 80% and 1 cm. I was thrilled, since with my dd it took two days of induction and I still wasn't that far! It's nice to know something's going on down there.

In a way, I wish baby would wait until Tuesday, because the OB I've been working with most closely had a death in the family and is out of state until then... the other OB in the practice is ok (I think he's in his 70s!) and oddly enough, I barely know the midwife, who was one of the reasons I picked this practice. For some reason I've only seen her twice - I do know that she's wonderful from reputation, but I'm not sure if she would be the one to come in because I'm vbac'ing...

Anyway! I've been drinking three cups of tea a day, done with a bag each of Pregnancy Tea and RRL. And I will probably "take one for the team" and partake in some all-natural prostaglandins...

My chiropractor, who just came back from maternity leave herself, set me up for some acupuncture on Friday morning if nothing's happened by then. So I'm doing what I can to make sure I'm ready when baby is!
#9 of 55 Old 04-25-2007, 11:19 PM

I'm still here...

Mama K: Child of God, wife to S, mama to 3 little beauties and 1 handsome little guy!

#10 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 12:31 AM

I'm here and my EDD is in...26mins (4/26). I have started getting some little bouts of BH off and on since last night...but nothing exciting, regular or that has actually made me think that the little guy is planning to come soon. I have been guessing all along that he come May 3rd and my fave CNM is on call that day so that would be great - but should he decide to arrive earlier I will be just as happy!!!

...anyone else doing TONS of walking?

...AAH!!!! I have actually goten to the point where I don't so much mind being pregnant - but I just REALLY want to MEET my BABY!!!!
#11 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 02:32 AM

I am still here too. I am 3 or 4 days past my due date, depending on which u/s you go by. (I was nursing when I got preg). I have been just trying to chill and not think about things too much, but it is getting hard.

Eventually......
#12 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 09:35 AM - Thread Starter

Have y'all changed your answering machine, or turned your phone off or anything? I have found that most people have been asking me via email - which for some reason I am better able to deal with. My response is "Feeling fine, will let you know"... but I have one friend who drives me NUTS. She did this when I was pg with DD too. She calls me every day and says exactly this:

"So whats going on? Anything? Anything going on? Got anything? Nothing? Nothing going on? Anything? Nothing?"

Can you imagine? Does she think she is funny? Yesterday I said really firmly, "I WILL call you when he comes." She said, oh yeah I know but I just want to know if you have contractions or anything. I said, "its my third pregnancy - I have had contractions since I was 14 weeks." Not to mention the fact that I am the type of person who doesnt talk about things till they are a sure thing. i would never in a million years call her or even DH or anyone and say "I think something is happening" unless I *know* it to be true...

So I am turning off my cell phone and changing my answering machine ....now it says "YOu have reached the ___ family. If you are calling about the baby, he is not here yet and we WILL call you when he comes. If you are calling for any other reason, please leave a message."

So maybe that will clue her in. Geez.
#13 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
anyone else doing TONS of walking
Nope. I refuse to do anything. LOL I am convinced that if its labor its coming and it wont stop and if its not then its not. All I want to do is lay on my bed and watch tv.
#14 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 10:15 AM

I'm still here, only 6 days past my EDD
Today is my last day at work, just don't want to deal with it any more. That and all the people who keep asking "You're still here?"
I'm not sure how you guys make it so long past without going crazy.
This is the first pregnancy for me and I have been having fits of Prodrominal labor off and on for about 4 weeks, right now I am feeling nothing though.

We keep BDing for the prostaglandins, despite the fact that I feel like a beached whale.

I had a NST monday - baby is doing great - everything is very healthy still. I also had an VE (the baby slept through that, but not my getting undressed, go figure) I was 30-40%, 2 cm and very soft, I let my CNM sweep the membranes, it gave me gramping and contractions all day but then they stopped the next day. The next morning I thought I my water broke, no such luck I just wet the bed

I have another NST tomorrow morning and am considering the sweep again, I really want to avoid the cervidil and Pitocin inductions, but I know my CNM will want to schedule an induction for late next week since I will be 14 days past due next friday - I really don't want to have to induce.

I feel like I can't relax though, I am feeling very impatient and anxious, and it doesn't help that I get called everyday asking if I am still pregnant. Nope had the baby last week, just never bothered calling you! What do these people think. These are the people who will be called when I am going to the hospital, do they honestly think I will forget them? - Sorry had to vent apparently.

Wife to DH Chris, Momma to :Caitlin Mae (4-28-07)
#15 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 10:43 AM

16 days past today! And I have stopped answering the phone. I'm ready to stop going out, too, because I'm sick of dumb questions.

I couldn't sleep last night and turned on the TV around 4AM. My husband was lying there, and then started cracking up. Turns out my MIL told him on the phone yesterday that he was supposed to start "manipulating my nipples". His response? "Mom, we've read books too." I don't know if this was more or less embarassing than the church member who suggested he start doing his "manly duty".

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#16 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 11:23 AM

I"m still here too, although I thought for sure I would've had the baby by now. I'm due monday the 30th. At my last appt last friday, I was a 'good' 2cm. They could feel the baby's head, which doesn't surprise me for how I've been feeling

I've been doing tons of walking with my kids. I'm actually getting ready to take them out to the mall just to walk around...I don't have any money right now to go shopping. SO, since it's going to rain nonstop for the next week or so, I've got my lil' bag of pennies for the kids to throw in the fountains and quarters for 2 happy meals which feeds the 3 of us for $6.

My feet have swollen pretty bad and it's getting harder to walk. My right foot's by far worse than the left one. I'm so sick of the cramps and yucky stained discharge. I told DH last night I'm getting annoyed by it all and am just ignoring it until I know I'm in full blown labor.
#17 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 11:27 AM

I'm only 5 days past my due date, and with DD I delivered six days past my due date, so I'm secretly hoping for tomorrow. I've also been doing the prodromal dance every middle of the night for about three weeks. At least last night I was awoken by some painful cramping, instead of the regular mild contractions. Something new is always exciting.

My worst culprit for calling and looking for baby news seems to be my DH - I finally had to tell him today to please not call from work and once again reassured him by telling him I would call after the baby comes out - he liked that one.

I've also given up on any walking or home remedies to help things along. I also believe that if it is really the time then there will be nothing I can do to stop it, and there is nothing I can do to start if it is not the time. No walking, sex, nipple stim, pineapple, eggplant, or spicy foods are going to tell my baby what to do.
#18 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM

I'm still here too. Today is my due date. I've been rather expecting to go late, though, so I'm not super anxious. I'm still feeling like I could stay pregnant for a while and not go nuts.
I haven't been having any noticeable contractions yet. But, as a first time mom, I'm not sure what to be looking for.
#19 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 01:15 PM

I am not doing anything to get things going either. It is getting harder, because next week dh will not have the freedom to take off all day, every day (this is news, something that changed on Monday of this week). I am really upset about that, and I wake up and cry for a little bit when I realize I am not in labor again. (7 of my 8 labors started with me waking up with contractions in the morning). I am really physically comfortable still, the chiro has been working wonders on my back. It is just the thought of not having dh (or anyone, actually-I didn't try to arrange for anyone because he was supposed to be here) around to help me. Anyway, I am sure I will be fine.

So, I am here, just hanging out. I think I will put together my Amby today, maybe find some laundry to do. I have a gift certificate to a yarn store.....maybe I will go there.....
#20 of 55 Old 04-26-2007, 01:28 PM

I'm still hanging out too. EDD was the 21st. But, it's my first time around, and my midwife has been telling me for MONTHS to not even think about the due date, just think about a week later.

I feel GREAT...and very at peace about when she'll be born (I'm feeling like this weekend it will happen) but it's other people who are all anxious and starting to bug me. So I've mostly just been very protective of my space. Also been walking a ton (partly to encourage her to come on out, partly b/c it's beautiful out and I like to get outside), but I know she'll come when she's ready.
#21 of 55 Old 04-27-2007, 12:25 AM

Well...today was my EDD - and sense there is only 44mins left in the day it looks like this little guy wants to hang in there a bit!

....I went to work today and people were nicer than I expected (almost everyone knew I was "due" today)...I did start telling them though that my personal EDD is May 3rd...I will have to come up with another story then

...one of my professors at school told me today I do not have to go back for the rest of the semester or take any tests or anything and I will get on "A" in his class!!!! YAY!!!! (I think he is just scared I will have the baby in class )

...I am just feeling so relaxed now though...I don't think I mind the idea of staying pregnant for a bit nor do I mind the coments people make - actually I am starting to find them amusing and really enjoying making up good comebacks I also love getting away with everything - for example: wearing Old Navy flip-flops at work and not tucking in my shirt - or even being modest b/c half my shirts don't cover my belly or my cleavage anymore

....I have started thinking about trying to loose all this weight!!!! AAAH!!!!! (I weigh more than I thought I would ever weigh in my whole life )
#22 of 55 Old 04-27-2007, 12:23 PM

I just need some DDC love. I'm 17 days past my EDD (and I know, I know, it was only an estimate!) and I'm just having a really hard time today. It's been rainy all week, I tried castor oil Wednesday and the only thing it did was make the rhoids flare back up, and I've been doing a black cohosh/blue cohosh/squawvine tincture cocktail every two hours for two days now, and it's doing nothing for me. I feel like other people are stressing out about the baby, and it's stressing me out.

The midwife says the baby is fine, and she's talked to her backup, who also feels like, based on what she's told her, everything is fine. If Babymort isn't here Monday, we are going to have an ultrasound maybe, just to be sure.

Every time the baby slows down, I panic. I'm having horrible self-doubt about the decision to have a homebirth and not have an ultrasound. I'm tired and achy and my butt hurts.

I just want to go do something, but there's nothing around here to do. DH is worried I'm going to end up depressed (it's been an issue in the past) and that by the time Baby gets here, I'll be so worn down and sad I'll end up with PPD like with my second. :

I think we're going to go out to lunch and do the marketing. Tonight DH is taking the older two to see a bad local HS production of You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown, so I'll be alone with Nicholas. Tomorrow is Katie Grace's recital. I'm really happy I'll get to go, but (a) sick of people acting like I'm irresponsible for still being pregnant and (b) my MIL and FIL are coming up. 'Nuff said. Sunday, if I'm still pregnant, I'm making DH buy me a ticket to go see the touring company of Man of La Mancha.

I'm just scared this is all going to cascade out of control and I'll end up in a hospital giving birth with everyone shaking their fingers at me and saying "I told you so."

#23 of 55 Old 04-27-2007, 01:36 PM

AnnetteMarie
#24 of 55 Old 04-27-2007, 02:19 PM

Oh, lots of hugs to you - you're really being a trouper! It's hard to go with your instincts and dreams when you have people around you who are doubting you. Are you able to avoid any of those people at all?

I know what you mean about keeping busy - it's so hard to not have something to do. I'm only a day past my lmp EDD, but I'm a teacher and last week we had vacation, and I am now on leave. So I am basically home with not much to do - it's driving me nuts! I can imagine how you must feel at your stage.

Keep your chin up, try to get some time to relax a little and have some 'me' time. Going out to a show sounds like a great plan!
#25 of 55 Old 04-27-2007, 02:48 PM - Thread Starter

hugs mama .... I went 2 weeks over with DD and it was just miserable. Not the physical part, just dealing with other people... The best thing you can do IMO is stay away from other people! Dont answer the phone. I stopped answering mine 2 days ago. I am due today. I hope your ILs arent staying with you? Castor oil didnt work for me either and I took it twice. Blech.
#26 of 55 Old 04-27-2007, 04:11 PM

annettemarie. I really hope you have your baby soon and feel better. Try not to let others stress you out. Listen to yourself and you body.

I am still here. I kinda expected to have my little Sprout already because I had ds 3 days before his EDD and for some reason I thought this one would come even sooner than that. I've had lots of the prodromal labor and discharge and it would have me thinking the baby is coming. I really don't know how you all are handling going past the edd as well as you are. I am getting impatient and I am not even officially 40 weeks yet. I have really enjoyed being pregnant but I am ready to meet my baby and begin getting settled in. My ds's birthday is Sunday. I am starting to wonder if I will have two with the same birthday. Anyway, I really hope I can handle a 2 year old and a newborn. I remember how difficult it was when ds was a newborn.
#27 of 55 Old 04-27-2007, 05:33 PM

AnnetteMarie ~

I think you win the prize.

Don't let those ILs get to you. Or strangers. Or a calendar.

I know it can be hard, but relax...focus on that baby and yourself.

#28 of 55 Old 04-27-2007, 05:46 PM

Yeah, I admit, I thought I would have my baby by now too. Most of my babies came late, but my last one was 5 days early, so I kind of thought it was in the realm of possibility. I am physically doing just fine. I had horrendous back pain a while ago that my chiro took care of for me. But emotionally, I am having a hard time. I think I posted a few days ago that dh won't have the completely free time off next week that I was hoping for. That really bums me, because there is no one else that can come and help me during the day with my two youngest boys. I am sure I will be fine, but I am disappointed. It is really probably the biggest issue I have now.

I am not worried about being post date, I have done it almost every other time before. Today I am 5 days late? I think? My 7th baby was born 5 days late. Baby number 5 was 6 days late. Baby number 2 was 7 days late. This is a pattern for me, but it is still tough some days.
#29 of 55 Old 04-27-2007, 07:20 PM

Oh, Annette, I remember when my baby was 16 days late. People kept calling us and bugging us. It drove me nuts. I finally stopped answering the phone, listening to messages, going anyplace, etc. I just couldn't handle the pressure. It really stressed me out, way more than being postdates.

This time, people are already asking me "haven't you had that baby yet". I'm not "due" until Monday, so I can't, for the life of me, figure out what the problem is. If one more person asks me "when are you going to have your baby"... well, let's just say, it won't be pretty! I actually told my mom the other day "why don't you go ask God. He is the only one who knows the baby's birthdate. When you find out, please let me know, and then I can relax and make my plans accordingly".

Hang in there. No one is pregnant forever! It just seems like it, esp. when everyone around you is pestering you. Trust your body, babies come when they are ready.

Oh yeah, my late baby was exactly the same size as the one born on her due date. Imagine if my late one had been born on her due date, she would have been so much smaller; she just wasn't ready.
#30 of 55 Old 04-28-2007, 01:37 AM

AnnetteMarie Hang in there mamma - your baby will come!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page