how mush weight have you lost/have to lose? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-22-2007, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I gained 50 pounds and just weighed myself a day ago, I'll be 3 weeks postpartum on Thursday. I've lost 30 pounds, 20 more to go to be at my pre-pregnancy weight, but I probably shouldn't lose that...I need to be eating more......it's so hard to get to the kitchen...most days I realize it's one in the afternoon and I haven't eaten....not so good. I don't care so much about my weight..mostly I just want my abs back!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2007, 11:08 AM

ugh, this topic is so depressing for me.

I gained 35 lbs
Lost 20 within the first week

5 weeks pp, have only lost maybe 1-2 lbs more. I was ravenous those first weeks, plus I was stuck eating at other people's houses so my diet was horrible. I was going to start exercising at 1 week pp as I felt great, but the stress of everything else led to my lochia stopping and starting several times. Now it finally seems to have ceased for good and we have a rental house. Dh has started a get program as well so I hope that we can work out together. I would love to do some spinning classes, but I will have to wait until dh can watch Lily, right now it is still too crazy doing demo and clean-up at the burned house.

My tummy is mostly flat, although bigger around and flabbier. It is mostly my thighs where I am carrying the weight, that is the first place I gained it though.

Happily Married to my : 11 yrs- Mama to wild-eyed monkey boy 7-04, fiery little girl 4-07, and the happy smiley baby that sleeps 11-09!
Old 05-22-2007, 12:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchy_mama View Post
ugh, this topic is so depressing for me.

I gained 35 lbs
Lost 20 within the first week

5 weeks pp, have only lost maybe 1-2 lbs more. I was ravenous those first weeks, plus I was stuck eating at other people's houses so my diet was horrible. I was going to start exercising at 1 week pp as I felt great, but the stress of everything else led to my lochia stopping and starting several times. Now it finally seems to have ceased for good and we have a rental house. Dh has started a get program as well so I hope that we can work out together. I would love to do some spinning classes, but I will have to wait until dh can watch Lily, right now it is still too crazy doing demo and clean-up at the burned house.

My tummy is mostly flat, although bigger around and flabbier. It is mostly my thighs where I am carrying the weight, that is the first place I gained it though.
sounds like you're doing great, a lot better than me. At least you don't have another 30lbs to lose, or another 20 on top of that!! My tummy is far from flat, and it looks likea road map with all the stretch marks...
Old 05-22-2007, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenns_3_babies View Post
it looks like a road map with all the stretch marks...
mine does too and I didn't get one single stretch mark with Peanut. Oh well, I suppose he's worth it
Old 05-22-2007, 07:37 PM

Quote:
sounds like you're doing great, a lot better than me. At least you don't have another 30lbs to lose, or another 20 on top of that!! My tummy is far from flat, and it looks likea road map with all the stretch marks...
The stretch marks are the worrrrrrrrrst part...the flabby tummy I can deal with better...
Old 05-23-2007, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMomma83 View Post
The stretch marks are the worrrrrrrrrst part...the flabby tummy I can deal with better...
actually i wouldn't mind the marks so much if my stomach flab wasn't so disgusting
Old 05-23-2007, 06:06 PM

i think i gained 17 lbs but i also didn't have an appointment from 37 weeks till delivery! so i don't know what i did those last couple weeks but i was a slow gainer so i am guesssing i never went over 20 at the most
i was 207 then, and i started off at 190
and i am 185 now!! i would love to lose 45 more lbs!!!! i had JUSt gotten into a 16 for the summer when i got prego, my goal size is about a 12

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 05-23-2007, 06:08 PM

Quote:
actually i wouldn't mind the marks so much if my stomach flab wasn't so disgusting
oh yeah i don't mind the marks either its the flab i hate!!! tho i didn't get more then 3 tiny little marks this time!! i got no new ones with number 3 so my stomach is still covered in them from 1 and 2!!! lol tho they are pretty faded and just started to come out again at the end of my prengncy

Susan, Mom to 4- Elizabeth 12, Hailey 9, Sammy 7, Caroline 3
Old 05-23-2007, 06:54 PM

Quote:
That's me although I have no stretchmarks. But I'd trade that in for a flat stomach, I still look 4 mths pregnant, what is up with that??? :

I'm very self conscious with the warm weather out... I feel bad wearing my tank tops I hope my tummy flattens out with time. I think my muscles are still separated though, I'll have to ask my OB next week about that. Does anyone know how to get them back together?
Old 05-23-2007, 11:40 PM

I gained at least 35 lbs, probably more, putting me at approx 165lbs, at 5 weeks I was down to 140lbs, 10 lbs over pre-pregnancy weight. I know it will gradually come off, in the meantime I enjoy my curves!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
Old 05-24-2007, 01:03 AM

I gained 20 lbs, and was down only 10 when I came home (how is that possible with an 11 lb baby?? Darn IV fluids...)

But I weighed myself yesterday, and I'm down another 15, so 5 lbs below pre-preg, and I still have some fluid retaining in my legs and swelling around my incision.

I was very fluffy to begin with, although it was great because even after 42 weeks I never got to the point of my PRE-preg weight of my first child! DH says pregnancy is just a long, painful diet program for me.

My long term goal is to lose 60 lbs from here. With being a human pacifier to a big baby, I'm sure bf'ing will take a lot of it off for me. I'm also trying to take a walk every day with my toddler and new babe.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:42 PM

nak
during pg-i lost 12, then gained 30
I am at my pre-pg weight-5 wks pp, but my clothes don't fit the same-bah!
Old 06-05-2007, 05:59 PM

Just came back from my OB where I was weighed, and I lost 32lbs so far, just 25 more lbs to go!!! I had decided before going that if I was in the 140's, I'd be happy. Well I was 149, so yeah me!!!
Old 06-06-2007, 11:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudat View Post
Just came back from my OB where I was weighed, and I lost 32lbs so far, just 25 more lbs to go!!! I had decided before going that if I was in the 140's, I'd be happy. Well I was 149, so yeah me!!!
that's awesome! Congrats...just think how quick those 1st 32lbs came off.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:50 PM

I quit weighing. It became too frustrating. One day I was 5 pounds down from a previous weigh and then a few days later the 5lbs was back. I am not eating like a monster or anything and I was trying to walk at least 3x a week but . . . it got difficult for the little ones. Ashton got hot and Elijah got bored so maybe I'll try again soon. I refuse to weigh though.
Old 06-06-2007, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet005 View Post
I quit weighing. It became too frustrating. One day I was 5 pounds down from a previous weigh and then a few days later the 5lbs was back. I am not eating like a monster or anything and I was trying to walk at least 3x a week but . . . it got difficult for the little ones. Ashton got hot and Elijah got bored so maybe I'll try again soon. I refuse to weigh though.
I agree!! Yesterday was my first time getting weighed since I was pregnant!! I don't like being a slave to the scale and I find how clothes fit me to be a better indicator anyways... So even though I'm fairly happy with the results I got, I won't be weighing myself again anytime soon!!
Old 06-13-2007, 05:52 PM

well, if I wasnt depressed about my weight before i am now!
I weighed 155 pre-pregnancy
207 @ delivery
185 when I left the hospital
197 at 6 week postpartum
and 188 lbs now..my daughter was born 3/23@37 weeks and weighed 7 lbs even.

Im extra depressed because baby number one I went home from the hospital in a size 6
baby number 2 a size 10, but back down to a size 6 by 6 weeks postpartum
this baby..no matter what I do Im barely losing...and Im exhausted
my thyroid does test normal too...Im ready for a very radical approach just so my feet stop hurting from the extra weight..

man I sound whiney..Makayla is an excellent baby though!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

I was thinking of getting on the scale recently, but I'm afraid to. I hate the fact that I have 50lbs to lose to be where I want to, well, not to be considered overweight anymore. DH and I made an agreement...starting at 6 weeks postpartum, I'm going to start dieting and exercising. If I lose 70lbs (my idea), then I get a breast lift (my idea). My girlies are on their way south, actually too far south than what I like. I want to feel womanly again....I'm not even 30 and I have grandma boobs from having kids and breastfeeding
Old 06-18-2007, 01:33 AM

Wow- doing better than I thought...I think I must have blocked out (or just never asked) what my finaly wieght was before DS was born. So as it turned out I had lost exactly 50lbs at my 6wk appt. I gained 64 while prego so I have 14 to lose to get to pre-preg weight...still if I lose 21 than I will be where I really want to be.

What is everyone doing to firm up your belly? I've decided the stretch marks aren't so bad and are faiding anyway - now I think a firm belly would be great!

Is anyone else still wearing maternity clothes? I am SO SICK OF THEM!!!! But totally not fitting into pre-preg clothes - I think I will never fit some of the shirts again - pretty cool how BF makes one's boobs grow!!! I have cleavage!!!

Anyway- definately need to brave a shopping trip...I keep putting it off though hoping to be smaller sizes...but had a sort of break down geting dressed this morning because I'm so tired of maternity clothes - and especially the same 3 shirts, 2 shorts and 2 slacks (because everything else is either too big, too hard to BF in or too obviously maternity).

Blah Blah...I think it's time for bed
Old 06-18-2007, 02:42 AM

I haven't made more than a couple pounds progress. But it seems to take me about 4-6 months to really get going with weight loss after birth. I had started exercising and then hurt myself so that got nixed for a while. I was trying to start running. I think I need to give it a bit longer. But plan on starting Pilates soon. Thats a little gentler.
Old 06-19-2007, 03:08 AM

I have about 15lbs to lose to get to the weight I was before pregnany. Then, once I get there, I have another 10lbs to lose to get to my first pre-pregnancy weight.

User Tag List