Do you sleep with baby? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 06-05-2007, 01:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanno View Post
He sleeps in his snugglenest (middle of the bed co-sleeper) until his first feeding so I get a little deep sleep and then he sleeps sprawled out like a T on the middle of the bed. He mostly just wants to be really close to me at night to nurse so I feel special when he wriggles near just for love about once a week.
i have 1 of those 2
#32 of 44 Old 06-05-2007, 09:18 AM

nak

Well..I already posted that we don't sleep with DS but the past week or so he has become a champion side-lying nurser...so most nights he ends up sleeping with us the first half til I wake up and move him to his crib, then he wakes up when DH leaves for work and baby and I snuggle, nurse and sleep in bed until we feel like moving (or I do..I think I end up waking him up before he is ready most days).
#33 of 44 Old 06-30-2007, 03:02 AM

cheek to boob...lol

Wife, Mama , Daughter, Best Friend, Manicurist.
#34 of 44 Old 06-30-2007, 04:07 AM

i sure doo... and have since day one.. even in the hospital.. sunggled right uop next to her milk's with one hand resting on my boob..... we sleep GREAT!!!!!!!!!!1

We may not have it all together, but together we have it all , Loving their daddy, my hubby, our soldier
#35 of 44 Old 07-01-2007, 10:50 PM

both my kids sleep with me
#36 of 44 Old 07-12-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozzie'sma View Post
both my kids sleep with me
Yep, we welcome ALL in our bed, Crowded, is the best... you have to snuggle :

Wife, Mama , Daughter, Best Friend, Manicurist.
#37 of 44 Old 07-13-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live~Laugh~Love View Post
cheek to boob...lol
Us too. The position he is in while nursing (lying down) to sleep is pretty much it for the night. When he is done nursing, he usually throws his top arm over my breast like it is a teddy bear and goes right to sleep. Sometimes DH wakes up and can't even tell if we are nursing-- he is that close!!

Once I really felt the need for some space, so when he was sound asleep, I gently scooched him about 5 inches from me. He didn't wake up from the scooching, but about a minute later (in his sleep, eyes closed) he inch-wormed himself until he was in full contact with me again--head to toe!! That really tells me I am doing the right thing with "contact co-sleeping" (my term, not sure if there is a term for this).

Though I do hope he'll be able to sleep a few inches away in the next 6 months or so!
#38 of 44 Old 07-31-2007, 02:17 AM

I sleep with babe and toddler, two dogs, dh and sometimes the cat! We have a king bed and a twin (ds's) right next to each other so it works out.

I'm usually squished between Scarlet and Max with the least bedspace, but I do love waking up with them both in my arms. I miss dh, too. I figure someday we'll be able to get back to that.
#39 of 44 Old 07-31-2007, 02:21 AM

She sleeps right with me, and sometimes I scootch her over a ways on the other side of the bed so I can have a good stretch out on my other side--the heat-seeking missle always finds her way back over!
#40 of 44 Old 07-31-2007, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holiztic View Post
Us too. The position he is in while nursing (lying down) to sleep is pretty much it for the night. When he is done nursing, he usually throws his top arm over my breast like it is a teddy bear and goes right to sleep. Sometimes DH wakes up and can't even tell if we are nursing-- he is that close!!

Once I really felt the need for some space, so when he was sound asleep, I gently scooched him about 5 inches from me. He didn't wake up from the scooching, but about a minute later (in his sleep, eyes closed) he inch-wormed himself until he was in full contact with me again--head to toe!! That really tells me I am doing the right thing with "contact co-sleeping" (my term, not sure if there is a term for this).
This is how we sleep too and it never fails, if I scoot Ashton over and up (to be closer to the top of the bed) he always scoots right back to the same place. We sleep really well together. Elijah slept on the otherside of me last night so I was sandwiched between the 2
#41 of 44 Old 08-01-2007, 04:48 PM

Gianna is in the co-sleeper beside our bed...so I feel like she is right there with me (without having to worry about Corey rolling over onto her like he did when Ethan was a newborn! OMG!). She - thankfully - sleeps all night long, too.
#42 of 44 Old 08-01-2007, 04:54 PM

Jamie sleeps in my bed with me at least half the night. I sleep on my side with his head in the crook of my arm facing me. Belly to Belly. It works perfect for us.

Angie,
Wife to Eddie. Mommy to Jamie (4), Allie (2) & Luke (born 11-14-11)

#43 of 44 Old 08-02-2007, 02:09 AM

DD sleeps with us in our bed. Up until she was about 5 or 6 weeks old, she slept on top of me in the recliner. I'm glad those days are over . I couldn't get the side-lying nursing thing down at first and she was a constant nurser at night, so I had to hold her in the recliner. When she would finally fall asleep, I would put her tummy to tummy on my chest and lean the chair back so I could get some sleep. She would usually sleep like that for 1-2 hours then squirm and wiggle down towards my boobs to let me know she was hungry again. So cute.....but so exhausting.

I am soooooooooo embarrassed to admit this (but I already did on another thread, so what the heck) .....what pushed me into making the switch from the recliner to the bed was that one night, DD rolled off of the recliner into the floor!!!!!! : I felt so horrible. She was not hurt and landed on thick padded carpet, but I'm sure it scared her. It scared me!!! I felt like the worst mommy in the world. Still not sure how she made it to the edge of the arm, but I woke up just as she was falling off the edge. It makes me want to cry to think about that.

We recently got a king size mattress and put it on the floor.....so at least now if she would fall off, it would only be a few inches to the floor. : Now the side-lying position works wonderfully for us. We sleep on our sides facing eachother all night. She is getting pretty good at finding the food all by herself. I feel like I'm pretty well rested now......WAY better than sleeping in the recliner! (and safer) :
#44 of 44 Old 08-03-2007, 12:47 AM

Whew-that does sound scary! I am glad lying down works for you now-much more restful!! Noah starts out in his Amby, and bounces himself back to sleep a few times. I sit up to nurse him once or twice and if he wakes when it is starting to get light, he finishes the night w me in bed. I just get so sore if I sleep w him all the time-it is like a pinched nerve in my upper back. I had it w DS1. He was SO colicky and I was SO tired I always fell asleep nursing him in bed. So this time I am really trying to protect my back, I sure wish I could sleep w him ALL the time! boo-hoo!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page