Our babies at 8 weeks old - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-29-2007, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I thought we could post how our little ones are doing at certain stages and what challenges we are finding?
#2 of 5 Old 05-29-2007, 08:10 AM - Thread Starter

Alden is doing really well. He is growing well and seems more settled into a routine. I know him so much better and can soothe him faster. He has good days and bad days, and the bad days seem related to his reflux. He seems to be bothered by gas a bit too, but the last few days have been better.

Alden is an explosive pooper because he only poops every 3 days or so. Those diapers are massive blow-outs with a cup of poo in them or so. Saves having diaper stains though! I think we'll just plan to be home on those days!

He is doing really well at night. Around 9pm he wants to be asleep and dozes on an off for awhile. He wakes to feed every 3-3.5 hours and just goes back to sleep afterwards. He is a light nigh wetter so we can stay in the same diaper. He is up around 530-600 and goes back to sleep after awhile. It is really quite liveable but I wouldn't say I am well rested.

He doesn't like to be tired. That is when he cries. He doesn't cry for much else other than hunger, but he really needs to be soothed to sleep.

He is having more periods of awake time where he is quiet alert. He has found his hands and likes to suck on them. He will sit for short periods in a bouncy chair or swing or lie on a blanket and be entertained. He does get over stimulated after awhile. He is liking tummy time and holds his head up really well. He likes to use his legs and even stands on them for a time!

It is all getting fun now! The smiles are there, but you generally have to work for them and I don't mind that kinda work. The reward is pure sunshine.
#3 of 5 Old 05-29-2007, 11:54 AM

This is a great topic!

Johnny (4wks yesterday) is turning into little social man. His awake periods are getting really long, if we are out or a lot of people are visiting than I have to work to get him down for a nap. He is amazed by everything so he nurses with his eyes open, looking around now and he smiles some, he will also let me put him down on a blanket or his boppy pillow while I fold laundry etc....and I can take a shower while he awake! He is sleeping 6-7 hours straight when I put him down at night (but it does take about 3hrs of fusiness before he goes to sleep) wakes up and then goes down for another 1-3 hours after a diaper change and a feeding. He loves to be outside, he falls asleep almost instantly if he's in his stroller, otherwise he waves his arms and looks around. I gave him his first bath the other day and he loved it! He is getting so long and chubby - I put away one of his newborn outfits yesterday that he has outgrown! H is stronger too - he can move from the center of his crib to the bottom corner by the time he wake up!

Hmm...I could go on and on
#4 of 5 Old 05-29-2007, 12:25 PM

Josiah is 8 weeks today. I am LOVING the cooing and smiling. He's such a sweet baby. He is generally in a good mood, but has an occasional off day. He cluster nurses a lot at night but sleeps from around 10 until 8AM. He wakes once or twice a night to nurse. Last night was the first in a while that he pooped at night so I had to get up and change him. The first morning poo is a DOOZY though! His pjs were actually flapping a bit this morning it was so forceful. I find that somewhat amusing. He's definitely a mommy's boy. He quies when I talk to him or walk into the room to pick him up after naps. That is difficult for my husband sometimes.

My older daughter is still in love with him, our younger dd is still iffy. All in all we're very happy. He's by far our easiest baby. He loves to be upright and held a lot, so I log a lot of comp time right now, we haven't mastered the sling yet. My husband has been very helpful around the house when he gets home from work.
#5 of 5 Old 05-29-2007, 03:33 PM

The babies are two months old today! It seems like I just came home from the hospital.

Mornings are my favourite time of day. Both kids are so happy when they wake up. I get tons of smiles and lots of cooing.

Nathan prefers to be held most of the time where Natasha is happy to sit back and take in what is going on. They haven't been napping much lately, only going down for less than an hour. Both of them are so strong! They both hold their head up and are starting to push their upper bodies off the floor when I lay them down for tummy time.

Natasha found her hands first, although Nathan wasn't long after her. Neither one will take a pacifier and both cluster nurse from 7:00 until 9:30 or so. Towards late evening they get really fidgety at the breast. I think they want to comfort suck and are irritated that they are getting milk when all they want to do is suck.

Getting out of the house with the babies is hard. I haven't gone out with them by myself yet. I think I'm almost ready. I am still dealing with pubic bone pain so going out for walks is hard. I still haven't gotten the hang of using the sling yet. I need to pull it out and try it again.

I love these little people so much!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page