How long did it take your body to "recover"? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-30-2007, 10:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm over 4wks PP now, and I still bleed (I think a different color and amount every day - but does not seam related to my activity level). My bottom still stings (I had one stitch - but that should already have fallen out right?). And my belly still feels sore (mostly when I walk around holding the baby, baby kicks me there, or I twist my torso).

I'm just so tired of it all! I want to at least "feel" like I have my own body back...

Is anyone else still experiencing this? Or else how long did it take you to recover?

: sorry for complaining...I think this is my first complaining post since DS was born....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 05-30-2007, 03:59 PM

I think it took me a good 3 weeks to recover... Not as fast as last time, that's for sure!! It seems that it would never end, and one day, I just woke up and felt fine!
#3 of 8 Old 05-30-2007, 04:38 PM

i'm 6.5 weeks pp and have what seems to be my period...which is exactly what happened with ds1. with ds1, i stopped bleeding after the "period" and didn't get another one for six months (which is why i use "" around it...although it def seems to be one)... i think it's normal to bleed a little bit for many weeks (i have a friend who spotted for nine weeks)...

my tummy still is tender when i try and sit up from lying down using mostly my tummy muscles. i do have to say that i noticed that i was feeling more and more normal in just the past two weeks.

hang in there! you'll feel "normal" soon!

mama  to 3 farmboys (, & ) and 1 farmgirl ()
#4 of 8 Old 05-30-2007, 05:23 PM

I'm 6 weeks post-partum and I am still bleeding a little. Some days are a little heavier than others, but like the OP it doesn't seem to correlate w/ my activity level. My midwife said if it turns a bright shade of red (which is has been some days) , it means I'm doing too much and need to take it easy....but I've been pretty lazy....I don't know how I can take it any easier. :

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, the flow totally went away for a few days and I was so excited.....but then it came back. Phooey. : My belly's still sore if I bend over too much throughout the day. My bottom end seems pretty much healed, although I did not have any tears or stitches.....just a giant hemmorhoid that is still there!
#5 of 8 Old 05-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Banned

My recovery has been pretty good this time around, though I am 6 weeks pp and still having light bleeding. I saw my dr yesterday and she said it's normal. But with my first it took forever to get better.

I had a severe tear with dd and after 3 weeks we discovered it was infected. My first clue should have been that even after 3 weeks I was having pain when I sat, stood for more than 15 min, walked for any length of time, stayed in any one postition...but I ignored my body until one day I passed out in the shower. Thankfully my dh was in the shower with me, otherwise I could have been seriously hurt. I needed antibiotics and to use my sitz bath four times a day. And I bled with her for 7 weeks. It was a very long time before I felt comfortable sitting down without a bulky pad cushioning my bottom.

In your case I would try to take it as easy as possible and maybe see your care provider just to make sure that you're healing well.
#6 of 8 Old 05-30-2007, 09:35 PM

I'm 8 weeks pp and I would say close to normal. I started my regular work schedule about 2 weeks ago (except up an hour and some earlier). I stopped bleeding about 4-5 weeks pp and had what seemed like ashort, light period for 2 days at 7 weeks. I feel great, except I have been sick on and off since Abby's birth. Tomorrow am going for another strep test - if positive, it will be my 3rd bout in 2 weeks.

I think you should feel better soon, but everyone heals differently! GL
#7 of 8 Old 06-18-2007, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesley&grace View Post
I had a severe tear with dd and after 3 weeks we discovered it was infected.
In your case I would try to take it as easy as possible and maybe see your care provider just to make sure that you're healing well.
Thanks for replying, I got a litle nervous after reading your post and went in to get checked - as it turned out I was healed but it was related to the thrush on my nipples and I was given a better and less expensive prescription for that from my CNM than the LC had given me. (Still fighting that war though - need to go head to head with them tomorrow to get meds for baby).

Finally at 7 weeks I seem to have stopped bleeding - YAY!!! And my tummy is a lot less tender - hoping to make it to the gym beginning this week or next week - YAY!!!
#8 of 8 Old 06-19-2007, 03:10 AM

8 weeks here, and *finally* normal. I do have to say my vag. discharge is still a bit wonky, but I know that will pass. I still have numbing at my incision (c-section)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page