Guess where I have been since last WED. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-30-2007, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
In the hosiptal . I have a major gallstone attack that also turned out to be pancreatitis. It was...and still is very serious. I still should be in the hosiptal right now but they let me come home to be with my family especially the baby. I am in a lot of pain and cant do much at all. even sitting here on the computer hurts. They did do many test there including one where they dtuck a camera down in my mouth with a scapal attachec to cut the opening to the gallbladder bigger and to remove the stone blocking my pancreas. I was on demorl most of the time there so I slept a lot and was in too much pain to pump. So my milk is soo little right now. It makes me so sad one set back after another. But I am trying again. Rian has not lost his latch so it will be working on building a supply again. I been percribed tylonel 3 but are not taking them so I can still nurse. I go tomorrow to see the surgen who is going to remove my gallbladder....he wants it done asap!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 05-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Banned

Oh wow Blueyedbutterfly! What a time for that to happen!!

I've had gallbladder attacks and I know how painful it can be. I've been after my dr for years to investigate them further because my mom had an emergency surgery to remove hers (she had dismissed the pain as occasional indigestion and a back injury). She went to emerg because she thought she had pulled a muscle in her back, and the dr said that her gallbladder was close to bursting it was so toxic. I'd prefer to have surgery before mine goes toxic, thanks.

I hope everything goes well and your breastfeeding relationship does not suffer too much.

#3 of 10 Old 05-30-2007, 10:15 PM

Yikes! Eat your oatmeal and rest up!

Chasing DS since April 2007 and pumping for DD March 2013.

#4 of 10 Old 05-30-2007, 11:47 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am sorry to hear that Tamara. I had no idea.
#5 of 10 Old 05-31-2007, 12:09 AM

I had that when I had DS. It was horrible & it did not turn in to pancreatitis. I am so sorry you are so sick! I wish you a fast recovery!!!!!

Cristina - "If you find it in your heart to care for somebody else, you will have succeeded." Maya Angelou
#6 of 10 Old 05-31-2007, 10:32 AM

Not to make your worried, but I wouldn't use Tylenol #3 and nurse. The codeine can cause problems in some babies. If you need pain meds, ask for Darvocet or for something stronger Lortab. C/S moms use those so you can too after your surgery.

Pump like crazy! Will you be hospitalized where you delivered? They should have medical grade breast pumps there. I would use those because they have a better motor than what you have at home.

Good luck with surgery!

Michelle: wife to J, mom to M (2001), E (2003), C (2005), S (2007) and O! (2009) And someone new in 2011!
#7 of 10 Old 05-31-2007, 10:38 AM

I'm sorry you are sick..what aweful timing..I hope your recovery is smooth
#8 of 10 Old 06-02-2007, 03:30 PM

Aww... sorry to hear this. My mom had gallbladder problems - I know how awful that can make you feel. I hope you recover quickly and get back on track with nursing. Try fenugreek and oatmeal!

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#9 of 10 Old 06-03-2007, 02:15 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas. I go on Friday for surgery. NOt looking forward to it all . I cant nurse for 2 days after. Rian is still latching on even though there is not a lot of milk left right now,so that at least is a positive.
#10 of 10 Old 06-30-2007, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyebutterfly View Post
Thanks mamas. I go on Friday for surgery. NOt looking forward to it all . I cant nurse for 2 days after. Rian is still latching on even though there is not a lot of milk left right now,so that at least is a positive.
Awesome maybe have someone help you pump and dump too- helps build supply... I hate to see that breat milk go to waste, i had to pump and dump for 24 hours due to meds too, that stuff is sacred... I was almost in tears during the dump part,,,
Worth a shot, Hope it all works out for you
Good luck... Sending MAJOR healing and BFing vibes your way mama

Wife, Mama , Daughter, Best Friend, Manicurist.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page