Haven't been around since the birth... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 06-05-2007, 03:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't been around since having my DD, Hannah, April 1st. I stopped in today to say "Hi" and see how everyone was doing. Our birth didn't go at all as planned, with me laboring at home for 24 hours with little progress, and then going to the hospital, only to labor for 5 more hours. I was so exhausted at that point that I got an epidural and had about 45 mins of rest. However, because of the epi, my labor stalled and I had to recieve pitocin and AROM. I felt awful the whole time, and cried that it was my fault because I had said yes to the epidural. The doctor was the worst...he fit every negative stereotype there is. Fortunately, he went home to get some sleep, and it was just me, my hubby, and our labor nurse for most of the night. She was awesome, and helped me stretch, and waited until the very last moment to call the doc, which almost turned into too late, as I only pushed for about 20 minutes! The doc ran in and caught the baby at the very last minute. I had to be sewn, because of a 2nd degree tear, but at least I wasn't cut. Hannah was right on time, although my OB thought she was supposed to come 2 weeks later, and I told her that she was wrong. Hannah proved me right. : She was little tiny itty bitty when she was born. 6lbs 10 oz...but she was fully developed and healthy. 19.5 inches and as pink as you can get!! It as so awesome to finally meet her, and we've decided to do it again asap!!

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 06-05-2007, 05:21 PM

so glad your little one is here - and sorry things didn't go as planned. I had a hospital transfer with my first and took the epi as well. Too long without sleep makes pain very difficult to manage. I remember being very upset about it for a long time...but I eventually found some healing and had a HB with the next two. You did great!
#3 of 4 Old 06-05-2007, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

Honestly, it all came out well in the end...not too much harm done, and I got a beautiful reward, so I'm OK with it all now. It was bad while it lasted, but the end result is a happy baby and a happy mommy.

Aileen, Mama to Hannah James, 4/01/07 Smartest kid I've ever known! And Gabriel Joseph, born at home 3-31-10!! Delaying and selectively vax'ing
#4 of 4 Old 06-30-2007, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firsttimepreggers View Post
Honestly, it all came out well in the end...not too much harm done, and I got a beautiful reward, so I'm OK with it all now. It was bad while it lasted, but the end result is a happy baby and a happy mommy.
I feel ya, Mine did not go as planned either... we want another too, in 5 years...lol Glas to hear all is well, my first time back too..

Wife, Mama , Daughter, Best Friend, Manicurist.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page