Sleeping getting worse not better? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-21-2007, 01:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know I don't post here a whole lot but I really need to vent tonight! I'm so frustrated with DD. She used to be the BEST sleeper! We'd have no troubles getting her down for the night and she'd sleep 6-8 hours consistently. Then she started getting colicy and we would deal with that for 3 hours each night. Eventually, she'd crash out and we;d still get those awesome stretches of sleep each night. Then we had her 2 month well visit (shots included) and she got a cold the same week. Ever since then, her sleep habits have totally changed and I feel like I'm at my wit's end. Her colic is going away. That's great, but she still takes about 3 hours to get to bed at night and then is only sleeping 3-4 hours. I just don't get how things can be getting worse not better. How on earth can she become a worse sleeper? Does anyone else have the same thing going on? I'm just so sad and frustrated and angry that it seems were destined for months of this. Our experience with DS was so taxing - he was a horrible sleeper from day one. With DD we were so surprised and felt so blessed that we had a good sleeper on our hands. Now it looks as though she's going to be more like DS.

We have been swaddling her at night because she would start moving her hands all around her face and wake herself up. She hates the swaddle and fights it furiously though. She doesn't seem to get much comfort from nursing (used to work like a charm to help her drift off....) either.

Just mainly need to vent but it would also be VERY helpful to hear if others are experiencing this backwards sort of progression.
#2 of 3 Old 06-21-2007, 03:26 AM

Logan and I still get up every three hours -- but I know he'd sleep longer if I could give him more to eat at a time (I'm dealing with low supply due to IGT.) He usually stirs and wakes me up (we co-sleep) but it is very frustrating because in addition to getting up every three hours, I often have to spend an hour getting him to eat because he is SO sleepy.

I'd give him his supplement (we use donor milk) before bed to get him to sleep longer but my LC and I have noticed that my milk production is much better at night so we try to feed during that window. It's too bad. If my boobs worked like they were supposed to, we'd probably have a great sleeper.

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#3 of 3 Old 06-21-2007, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitii View Post
Logan and I still get up every three hours -- but I know he'd sleep longer if I could give him more to eat at a time (I'm dealing with low supply due to IGT.) He usually stirs and wakes me up (we co-sleep) but it is very frustrating because in addition to getting up every three hours, I often have to spend an hour getting him to eat because he is SO sleepy.

I'd give him his supplement (we use donor milk) before bed to get him to sleep longer but my LC and I have noticed that my milk production is much better at night so we try to feed during that window. It's too bad. If my boobs worked like they were supposed to, we'd probably have a great sleeper.
We don't have a regular sleeper and my boobs 'work' very well. Please, please try to give yourself a break on this, you are an absolutely fantastic mom!

I has no sleep pattern. He'll go for days on 3-4 hours total and then hibernate for a day and only wake to nurse. I guess maybe that is his pattern, but I miss hangiing out with him on those days. The apartment get cleaned though

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page