He rolled over! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 06-24-2007, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today, at almost 3 months (on the second of July), Alden rolled from his front to back 4 times!!! He worked so hard at it and it was so cute to watch. He is really physically active and does these cute little baby crunches when he is semi-sitting. He is a real go-getter. My other kids were slowish to crawl and walk and their lack of mobility was convenient. : I am not sure that I will be that lucky this time!

On a less positive note, we are battling yeast - his mouth and my nipples. The gentian violet seems to be working. If it doesn't we'll move on to grapefruit seed extract... sigh.

What are others and their babies up to?
#2 of 9 Old 06-25-2007, 09:11 AM

Logan surprised us and rolled over at two months. I thought it was an accident at first but he kept doing it. He hates tummy time so much that I guess it was impetus to try. At three months, he still can't roll over *every* time but he tries as soon as I put him on his tummy. He succeeds most of the time and if he doesn't, he gets vocal. I can't imagine he'll ever roll the other way intentionally.

He sucks on his hands, bats a little bit at toys and makes some baby talk, mostly ooh's and ah-goos. He has some frustrated sounds when he's on his tummy or wants to eat.

He likes to look at a few books with us - he likes the board book 'Mr. Brown can Moo. Can you?' when we make all the sounds.

And the best thing is that he's got this amazing grin that he flashes at me all the time!

Edit: Oh -- Anyone else who co-sleeps have a creeping baby at night? Logan creeps right up next to me somehow even though I put him a little distance from me after we nurse. He's like the chesire cat. He suddenly is where he wasn't!

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#3 of 9 Old 06-25-2007, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitii View Post
Edit: Oh -- Anyone else who co-sleeps have a creeping baby at night? Logan creeps right up next to me somehow even though I put him a little distance from me after we nurse. He's like the chesire cat. He suddenly is where he wasn't!
Johnny does this too. Two nights ago I ended up on my side almost falling off the bed (we at MIL's on a double instead of our usual queen). He always goes to sleep snuggled with DH and when he wakes up to nurse (what a smart baby lol) he is right next to me!

At 2mos he occasionally rolls from back to front but never really has tummy time because he doesn't like it - he just started doing "push ups" though so I think that might help him like it better...
#4 of 9 Old 06-30-2007, 03:35 AM

The other night, right around her 3 month... She awoke in our bed, and began rolling and rolling and rolling, like 3 times, I huried and layed she sniffed my boob out, latchd and was happily on her way to sleep... LOL

Wife, Mama , Daughter, Best Friend, Manicurist.
#5 of 9 Old 07-06-2007, 03:40 AM

Baby crunches! That's what those are! For the past couple weeks, Jasper has been grunting and appearing to try to pull himself towards his toes when sitting. It's the weirdest thing and didn't seem to correlate to grasping a toy or pooping. But crunches make sense!!
#6 of 9 Old 07-21-2007, 11:58 PM

Noah reached for a toy for the 1st time today. Has almost rolled over and loves to talk! CM, I know your pain! We had thrush for 3 months when DS1 was a NB! Dear God, like razor blades! We tried all the natural remedies and finally both got a Rx and that cleared it up in a couple days! I sure wished I had done that earlier. Hope the GSE works for you!
#7 of 9 Old 07-30-2007, 04:03 PM

Naomi rolled over for the first time on Saturday-- she doesn't like being on her back, so she has been working so hard to do this. Before this she was moving around in a circle= except her head was staying in the same place!

Rachel, wife to Brian, mother of 5. Lover of birth.
Blog on profile.
#8 of 9 Old 07-31-2007, 10:24 PM

Logan started rolling from his back to his tummy a couple weeks ago and now never goes the other way. After he rolls to his tummy he gets super hyper and acts like he wants to crawl! His legs are so strong. He scrunches them up under his butt and tries to propel himself forward. He gets so mad when he can't move. I turn him back over to his back and he goes right back onto his tummy kicking and flailing. He just doesn't have the upper body strength yet and refuses to push up...

Anyone else have a babe that does this at this age? I think as soon as he gets the upper body strength he is going to be pulling himself along in some way!

Me (37) ~ DH (39) ~ DS (3) ~ TTC #2 since 4/10
#9 of 9 Old 08-01-2007, 10:31 AM

Johnny doesn't roll over very often yet (well he rolls when he is trying to eat and I'm too far away lol) -oh, and yesterday was the first time he rolled tummy to back, but I think it was accidental-

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenitii View Post
Logan started rolling from his back to his tummy a couple weeks ago and now never goes the other way. After he rolls to his tummy he gets super hyper and acts like he wants to crawl! His legs are so strong. He scrunches them up under his butt and tries to propel himself forward. He gets so mad when he can't move. I turn him back over to his back and he goes right back onto his tummy kicking and flailing. He just doesn't have the upper body strength yet and refuses to push up...

Anyone else have a babe that does this at this age? I think as soon as he gets the upper body strength he is going to be pulling himself along in some way!
he does do something on his tummy where pulls his legs under him digs his toes into the floor and pushes...he can move a little - but it looks uncomfortable because his face is still on the floor! He did "push up" last night with his daddy but I have never seen him do both at the same time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page