Mothering Forum banner

Waking Up in a Puddle of Milk!

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  xXsweetgalXx 
#1 ·
So I fed Elias at 8 pm like I normally do, and then went to bed at about 11 pm. The next thing I know is it is 6:45 am and I am in a puddle of milk!!!
And I had two boulders on my chest!!! I couldn't believe he slept that long so I went and checked on him, he had his thumb in his mouth and was contently sleeping!
What a great feeling!!! But, it is sooooo bitter sweet! I will miss those night feedings, they are such a special time.
:

See less See more
#2 ·
DD occasionally sleeps through the night, but normally she nurses for 5 min ir so at 3:30, and I get up at 4:30 to pump. On weekends, I usually wake up cold from the wet spots, but sometimes I wake up, wake DD to nurse a bit on both sides, and then fall back asleep. THOSE are great mornings! Unless DD2 gets up early i can sleep in!

#4 ·
Marci - you are lot more happy and laid back about that than I am! I can't stand waking up with milk all over the place (it happens all the time in the newborn phase) - and it happened to me this morning!

Also, I'm a crazy person if I don't get my sleep, so I never ever miss those middle-of-the-night feedings! Thank God she's sleeping all night long now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.