Would you do Prevnar to avoid ear tubes? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
1  2
Selective & Delayed Vaccination > Would you do Prevnar to avoid ear tubes?
amnesiac's Avatar amnesiac 03:06 AM 02-21-2009
Please remember the guidelines for this subforum:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=505548

Th1Th2's Avatar Th1Th2 03:11 AM 02-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by carriebft View Post
huh?

I was simply demonstrating to you that ear infections (ie, OM) existed far before the vaccine...

Therefore, are you implying that vaccines could not have been the source of ear infections to otherwise healthy and non-diseased babies and young children who have had Prevnar? Your premise is vague because even for a child who has not received any vaccines will manifest a myriad of opportunistic infections and diseases in the setting of malnutrition and poor health.
carriebft's Avatar carriebft 02:56 PM 02-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Th1Th2 View Post
Therefore, are you implying that vaccines could not have been the source of ear infections to otherwise healthy and non-diseased babies and young children who have had Prevnar? Your premise is vague because even for a child who has not received any vaccines will manifest a myriad of opportunistic infections and diseases in the setting of malnutrition and poor health.
I think we will have to continue this via Pm, but, in short here:

-you implied that ear infections did not exist before the hib or prevnar vaccines
-I said they did and showed evidence

nothing about the possibility of prevnar ALSO causing ear infections...

that's all.

but we can take this back to the subject of the thread with this article:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20825107/
moondiapers's Avatar moondiapers 03:11 PM 02-21-2009
Prevnar didn't keep my dd from chronic ear infections. She ended up with sterile bowls because of all of the antibiotics. When we took her off of the antibiotics (why not, they weren't actually working) and used nutrition and natural medicine we had them cleared up within 3 weeks (after a 9 month fight on the ABX) She's 12 now and we're STILL dealing with candida and bowel issues from those abx.
1  2

Up