Where to start researching? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 06-08-2009, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband and I have heard lots about delaying vaccines or being selective about vaccines, and from what we've heard, we'd like to research it further. We have the Sears vaccine book, but it seems more like a vaccine-by-vaccine guide to which to use when. I'd like something more broad-scoped to start with. Do you have any recommendations on what internet sites or books to start with?

Thanks!
#2 of 6 Old 06-08-2009, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome and glad to see you are taking the initiative to look into this for yourselves.

What I would suggest is to read the CDC pinkbook chapters and learn about the diseases that we vaccinate for. http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/Pubs/pin...k-chapters.htm

Then determine which diseases concern you and you feel you need to vaccinate for. Then learn about the vaccine for that disaese. Read the package inserts word for word for that particular vaccine.

http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/package_inserts.htm

I would start there.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#3 of 6 Old 06-08-2009, 03:13 PM

I know you will get a lot of recommendations for Dr Sear's The Vaccine Book which talks about each disease and the vaccine. It is very well laid out and a great place to start. and since you want something more broad than that:

Right now I am also reading:

Do Vaccines Cause That?! A Guide for Evaluating Vaccine Safety Concerns by Martin G. Myers and Diego Pineda

The Vaccine Controversy: The History, Use, and Safety of Vaccinations by Kurt Link

The first is more pro and the second more selective but both strike me as good resources for someone starting out in their research and are a little more engaging than the blandness of Dr Sears at times.

"Parents are simply trustees; they do not own the bodies of their children"-Norm Cohen  Martial arts instructor intactlact.gifhomebirth.jpgnak.gif and mom to 4: DD1 (1/05) DS (7/06) DD2 (5/08) DD3 (2/11)
#4 of 6 Old 06-08-2009, 03:24 PM

i really like what your dr may not tell you about children's vaccinations

there is a chance that i could have the title slightly wrong! but it's a great book and i recommend it - because it is not really anti vaccine, but the facts they present make me run further and further away from vaccines!

Katie
#5 of 6 Old 06-08-2009, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiesk View Post
i really like what your dr may not tell you about children's vaccinations

there is a chance that i could have the title slightly wrong! but it's a great book and i recommend it - because it is not really anti vaccine, but the facts they present make me run further and further away from vaccines!
yes..it's by Dr. Stephanie Cave...good book.

If the people let government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny." Thomas Jefferson.

#6 of 6 Old 06-08-2009, 04:02 PM

For a general overview on how the body processes vaccines, I found the video clip on www.brainguardmd.com very interesting.

I also liked the book "How to Raise a Healthy Child... in Spite of Your Doctor", by Dr. Mendelsohn for information on childhood diseases and how to treat them. I felt much better about dd's body after reading his book.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page